Changes from Round 8 to Round 21

Carlton
In: Motlop, O Hollands, Fogarty, McGovern, Kemp, Martin, Saad
Out: Cowan, Cuningham, De Koning, C Durdin, Fantasia, Williams, Young

Collingwood
In: Bytel, Long, McStay, De Goey
Out: Sullivan, Mihocek, Markov, Harrison,
That's a fair bit of net gain for us!

Pretty happy with those changes. Thought it was a little harsh on Cowan being dropped. I thought he's been growing more into his role each game.

But I can understand why he was the out due to structures

Will be interesting to see who the sub is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays on McStay or Cox I'd be sending them to the goalsquare as a mismatch.

He has to play on one of them... Not a fan.

Kemp can't play on any of their other forwards, so it was either him or Young that remained in the side

Given the match ups, i would have kept Kemp as well

Changes from Round 8 to Round 21

Carlton
In: Motlop, O Hollands, Fogarty, McGovern, Kemp, Martin, Saad
Out: Cowan, Cuningham, De Koning, C Durdin, Fantasia, Williams, Young

Collingwood
In: Bytel, Long, McStay, De Goey
Out: Sullivan, Mihocek, Markov, Harrison,

Wow... a third of our team is different...

And it's clear the combined 7 we have in this time is more quality than the combined 7 we had last time. Really only missing TDK and Williams.

earlier in the year we were quite happy not rushing players back after injury. then we were ok bringing them back after they had recovered but before they'd gained any form. now we're happy picking players in suspect condition without form.
means our injuries are very bad, the wise heads are shit-scared and desperate, or both.

good luck jack martin, you're gonna need it.

earlier in the year we were quite happy not rushing players back after injury. then we were ok bringing them back after they had recovered but before they'd gained any form. now we're happy picking players in suspect condition without form.
means our injuries are very bad, the wise heads are shit-scared and desperate, or both.

good luck jack martin, you're gonna need it.

I think you’ll find earlier in the season all of Martin, Cunners and Marchy were picked without any real time in the 2s. C Durdin too. We also did it a couple times with Cerra too only for him to get re-injured and then left him out for ages, bring him straight back in and watch him struggle for a month. IMO not a great year for our S&C and HP teams.

Martin raises the small forward IQ level by a fair bit - but I wouldn't expect him to hit top form for a couple of games at least - glad to see him back in and what a pity Williams isn't in there alongside.

Sad that TDK is out - would have been handy tall to create a third tall mismatch up front for them to ponder and worry about - maybe Cripps can take Pendelubury up there with him ....or Crisp

Wow... a third of our team is different...

And it's clear the combined 7 we have in this time is more quality than the combined 7 we had last time. Really only missing TDK and Williams.
Also Williams was playing as a defender back then I think and not going so great - so Saad, McGovern and Kemp in is a huge boost to our back six.

It’s their small forwards that can beat us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Cinc, Saad and Boyd can shut them down. Acres dropping back in defence when required also helps our defence. Leaving Weiters, Gov and Kemp for the taller forwards, and Newman doing his thing.

On paper a better back 6/7 than we had last time we met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back