Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

There's no other reason to have Cottrell in that team other than to hard tag Daicos. He's been defensively lacklustre and offensively dull, while covering an enormous amount of ground.

He can do the job, and then he can go to the reserves in the same fashion we've been dispensing with Kemp and Cowan.

There's no other reason to have Cottrell in that team other than to hard tag Daicos. He's been defensively lacklustre and offensively dull, while covering an enormous amount of ground.

He can do the job, and then he can go to the reserves in the same fashion we've been dispensing with Kemp and Cowan.

He'll play on the wing... not that I like it, but that's what will happen.

Doesn't take much but a quick browse of the big footy community board and Curnow is living rent free across the entire AFL supporter groups. It's all about how many free kicks is he going to get. He is doing a number on a lot of people.
All this and I don't think he is playing at his optimum this year.

I can tell you for a "Fact" that the players love him. Can he coach? I have no idea, but he's as popular a coach as I have seen

Do you have a way that you measure a coach? I see that we are scoring more heavily this season, then i see we are conceding a lot more too.

Every time i try to dissect it, all i think is the coaching group have leaned too far in a certain direction.

I doubt Clarke on his own would have made this change, surely its a directive.

After Cerra and Cotts coming back underdone, I’m uneasy about Martin coming back, after not complications any full games in the VFL, i thought he might have been the sub.

Im assuming Ollie will be the sub and I’m disappointed he was retained over Cowan, i really think Ollie needs a solid block in the VFL, Cowan can play a few roles as the sub and i think has been more solid than Ollie.,

Other than that the team looks strong.

Doesn't take much but a quick browse of the big footy community board and Curnow is living rent free across the entire AFL supporter groups. It's all about how many free kicks is he going to get. He is doing a number on a lot of people.
It's funny. I'd get the anger if he played for frees like some other players do.

But Charlie just competes and wins the free because they are there.

He’s nowhere near the level of the past two years.You get the feeling if we make finals he might just go on a tear.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s nowhere near the level of the past two years.You get the feeling if we make finals he might just go on a tear.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His last 3 games have been ominous, definitely building and moving better than he has all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll play Frampton, Moore and Howe back, at some stage they'll throw Howe forward

Weitering should take a resting ruckman, Kemp v McStay. When Howe goes forward, Gov will take him
Hopefully Martin can run a riot and keep Howe preoccupied.

Do you have a way that you measure a coach? I see that we are scoring more heavily this season, then i see we are conceding a lot more too.

So hard to tell from the outside. I've seen the inside and it's always very different to what we see normally so I am always hesitant to judge. I now generally ask questions

I have always though a coach is someone who can get the best out of a player and list. Encompassed in that is a happy group and a buy in. That's my take but these days it's more a group as oppsoed to just the "coach"

Voss & Co last year did that IMO. This year not quite so, so far. There can be reasons why

Injuries are obviously a concern. I think more than most realise
I have doubt around our second tier players and development
Did they believe our game plan couldn't take us all the way and have tried to adjust it?

I am also a big fan of rotating assistants around the senior coach every 2-4 years. Fresh ideas, voices are vital as the game moves forward so quickly

Just my take

SO WHO IS PLAYING ON MASON COX?

If Kemp ends up anywhere near him our whole coaching staff deserve to be sacked.

After Cerra and Cotts coming back underdone, I’m uneasy about Martin coming back, after not complications any full games in the VFL, i thought he might have been the sub.

They have really built him up slowly. He makes our fwd line so much better when up and running.

If he stands up and gets through this week it's a big boost. If he breaks down again have we really lost anything? I wasn't expecting it but I understand it.

I feel as though it's a now or nothing type sceanrio.

Give Pitto the job he doesn’t much around the ground so why not …

I want to see Pittonet find the form he did against GWS & Melb early this year. Bloody Hell he was impressive. Just need to see more of it

My issue with him is the difference between his good and bad games. Even when not playing his best he should be able to be more physically imposing more often

Im assuming Ollie will be the sub and I’m disappointed he was retained over Cowan, i really think Ollie needs a solid block in the VFL, Cowan can play a few roles as the sub and i think has been more solid than Ollie.,

Other than that the team looks strong.
If Martin is not ready now, he is not going to be. Multiple managed minutes games in the twos, followed by a bye to push some work in to him. Should be fresh and ready to go. Must admit I would have preferred he start as the sub this week and be asked for a solid cameo for confidence and touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back