Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As suspected, the side tells us nothing as far as further debuts.

Binns named in the 18 so he gets a full game.

They're playing silly games with Kemp, Weitering, Young and Gov at the back. I guess they will keep the Eagles guessing which one is going forward, but unless Lemmey plays, we aren't going to use a key back as relief ruck, so Young will go forward. I hope not though.

With Williams, Owies and Motlop in the 18, I don't see the point of Corey Durdin.

They won't drop Cincotta, Lord has been announced, you'd imagine Jack Carroll gets another run. That means 2 of Lemmey, Wilson, Moir or Akuei will play, with one as sub.

Either Lemmey to be forward and 2nd ruck with Young playing back on one of the Eagles three keys, or Wilson in and Moir as sub.

As suspected, the side tells us nothing as far as further debuts.

Binns named in the 18 so he gets a full game.

They're playing silly games with Kemp, Weitering, Young and Gov at the back. I guess they will keep the Eagles guessing which one is going forward, but unless Lemmey plays, we aren't going to use a key back as relief ruck, so Young will go forward. I hope not though.

With Williams, Owies and Motlop in the 18, I don't see the point of Corey Durdin.

They won't drop Cincotta, Lord has been announced, you'd imagine Jack Carroll gets another run. That means 2 of Lemmey, Wilson, Moir or Akuei will play, with one as sub.

Either Lemmey to be forward and 2nd ruck with Young playing back on one of the Eagles three keys, or Wilson in and Moir as sub.
They have Waterman, Allen and Darling named in the 18. Then have Williams and Maric (who both played last week) on the extended bench. So it could end up being 4-5 talls up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Lemmey kicks his first (of 8) I better hear a collective deafening roar of “Ace Of Spades” being blasted across Carlton North.
You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me
The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say

we need to think outside of box with this one.

Cripps in the ruck.

Motlop to full back to play on Oscar Allen.

Pitto on the wing.

I get Voss still thinks we’ll play finals…

But, why name all the kids when only 1 of Lemmey, Wilson, Moir or Akuei will play as sub…

Because you have to name an extended squad/emergencies.

The only other fit players on our entire list are Mirkov and Monahan. There is nobody else to name.

Jaysus. A lot of new kids this week.

Don’t mind it as it’s forced but Silver Linings. Love to see what the youngsters can do to cement their aspirations and desires. Don’t care if it’s wet. Lord to Lemmy with Moir and Binns watching. I’m excited.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back