Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be pretty exposed if we lost another tall in-game.

If we are picking two out of
a)Durdin/Fantasia b)Moir/Williams c)Lemmey/Mirkov
... I'd think we need one from group c.

We're pretty exposed regardless.
And looks like it will be wet.

I wouldn't risk Durdin, and Fantasia has to pass a test. I don't think Mirkov is close.

If they like Lemmy forward rather than Moir, so be it.

There are people better informed than me to answer this, but Ollie isn't getting a game because of his draft position.

No worries hopefully one of you VFL watchers could shed some light, genuinely interested and I only used the draft position statement as a differentiator as I've read a lot of similar comments pertaining to both players.

If Cowan goes into the middle before Kemp goes into there or the forward line, I will scream.

I'm all for it if he's playing off HF and providing width while Walsh starts on a wing.

Fantasia will likely be named and then might withdraw on Friday or Saturday after a fitness test.
They have to try something with Kemp. He is not cutting it in defence. I'd put Young back and throw Kemp forward - 100%

Lewis Young has to come into the back line as he has no forward craft, we lose Marchbank and Durdin next year so he needs to show something there. He has done it before and has played well there, back lines must work together, no matter who is in them.
Billy Wilson as a smokey, has speed and is a good ball user, God knows we need it. Coming off 19Disp 2 tackles last week.

Newman, Weiters, Cincotta, McGovern, Young, Cowan, Wilson Backs
Acres, Cripps, Walsh- Centre Line

Kemp, Kennedy, Williams, EH, Owies, Lemmy, Binns Forwards

Lemmy
11 disposals 5 marks last week and we need some height- play him deep

Pitto, Hewitt 2 Yeo, Carrol- Pitto needs a fire cracker put up him, no use being strong and tough if nobody feels it.

Carrol is a point of difference in the middle as he runs on to his left side, just needs to stay in the game longer and be used as an out in the middle

Lord-mid, O Hollands -wing, Sub- Motlop

Lord coming off 30disp 6 tackles 6 clearances

Plenty of runners with Binns, Hollands, Walsh, Acres

Binns- quiet last week by his standards with only 18 Disp 1 Tackle.

Acres, Cripps to rest forward to provide a target, Kennedy needs to play on the ball as he has been in good form. Would be nice to throw some speed on the ball in Kemp, Cincotta and even Cow just to keep rotations and opposition guessing.

Small steps this week, back to basics, hurt the opposition with tackles and spoils

Rain all week but should be dry for the game? Not sure how Optus drains out but most grounds in Perth drain fairly well due to sandy soils

They have to try something with Kemp. He is not cutting it in defence. I'd put Young back and throw Kemp forward - 100%

I'm not so sure of all this Kemp to the forwards talk. I thought he'd been tried there in the VFL without any great success?

I think there are a lot more struggling forwards who've re-invented themselves as backs than vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he'd been tried there in the VFL without any great success?
When Kemp was tried forward back then he was struggling to establish himself generally.
His role in defence has allowed him to do that.
He's ready to play where needed now.
I'd rather him crashing packs and attempting mark of the week up forward than in defence anyway.
Might be just what we need if going small otherwise.

In all seriousness though. I think we just go super small up front and just dirty ball it. I don’t think eagles mop up that well on the deck down back so just dirty ball it, hope McGovern doesn’t mark it and pressure them into mistakes.

So we’re hanging our hat on one good game are we?

Reality is we’ve been sporadically good since the minute Voss joined the club, but some point you’ve got to ask yourself why is the club not capable of doing it consistently for long enough.

Nobody is questioning the potential. But the clock is ticking, our list profile gives us another 2-3 years to contend, and right now we are a long way off it.

If the administration can’t get the playing group consistently fit and motivated it’s time for them to go.

A late run in 2023 painted over the cracks.

Now it’s time for Cook to live up to his reputation and do something.
Dont think thats what i was implying .
Most sides are the same brisbane started the season terribly Geelong had a long down period through the middle of the season Collingwood injury problems same .
Sydney terrible of late hawthorn the bulldogs struggled for periods .
That's the competition it's very even its all about peaking at the right time with a fit list .
We've failed miserably in this area .
The talent is good enough to challenge as imo there isnt a single side id rate as a super side similar to the best sides of the past .

But unfortunately the CFC atm couldn't run a chook raffle let alone guide a team to a premiership...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back