Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

so Kemp misses a clutch kick and we all hang our disheartedness on him. Maybe if kemp had trained forward all year we would have a case. He hasn't, he missed and our hearts were broken. He was a backman until upon needl he became a forward. I'm sure he we relive that shot on goal many a time. He is young, he is a true forward and I back him in.

George Hewett should never be a sub for this football club again. Seeing him live the last 2 weeks when all other mids except the skip are down on form or out of action he has been monstrous. Imo he has been as good as if not better than Cripps and Cripps was enormous.

67 touches and 16 tackles. Bloke gave it everything.
Dropping him was the start of our fall into the abyss.
The MC tinkering with the midfield mix for the sake of it. Extreme hubris that is a massive part of our cooked season.

Once that last goal was signaled the tears started to flow in my house. My 13 yo was upset too 😅
I thought the team battled hard today considering the circumstances. Sure there were a few moments that I wish we could have again but saints just scraped in over half of our VFL side. Let them celebrate if that’s what makes them happy. We’ll pump them next year(I hope).
Our season was lost over the past 8 weeks sadly and I feel like the AFL changing the holding the ball interpretation massively worked against us and our game plan. Crippa and Walsh get unfairly pinged like no one else.

Absolutely gutted and the more the evening goes on the worse I feel, but they had a crack today and that’s one positive from a horrendous negative.

Go Blues 💙

so Kemp misses a clutch kick and we all hang our disheartedness on him. Maybe if kemp had trained forward all year we would have a case. He hasn't, he missed and our hearts were broken. He was a backman until upon needl he became a forward. I'm sure he we relive that shot on goal many a time. He is young, he is a true forward and I back him in.
Great response.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. So a faux "even" free kick count means nothing. There's no doubt the umps had a massive influence on the result today...

How many times we start to build momentum only for bs ump decisions to kill it?

We did really well to put ourselves in a winning position despite the corruption.

They're not the only reason we lost, but they were a big contributor.

The other big contributor was the injury list...
Probably been said already, but with 5 minutes to go in Q2, the free kick count was 12-1 their way....

If our Match Committee had of had as much faith in our second tier players earlier in the season instead of our propensity to play underdone and perenially fragile players - we probably wouldn't have needed to win the last game of the season just to make finals.
Take Voss out of the room and ask the remaining members of the match committee that why they haven't been rotating players?

Why wasn't Charlie given a couple of rests this year? Was it because they wanted some reflected glory in a third coleman for Charlie?

Then I would ask the list management team whose idea it was to keep giving contracts to players who get damaged if a light wind blows past them? I'd ask them why wasn't HoK and Doc put on the LTI and we go to the MSD with 3 picks and pick up a quick tall defender and a medium forward?

There are some people involved in the football department who aren't team players and aren't doing the right thing for the club.

The dynamics of the forward line completely changed when Moir came on.

Bizarre that
a) it took a 2nd gamer to cause the shift and
b) it wasn’t brought on earlier as our forward line clearly want functioning.
With so many sore players and losing players early in games in past weeks, I can kind of understand why they weren’t keen to activate the sub too early. I agree that we looked better when Moir came in though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewitt, Kennedy and Newman they are enormous for us. Agree all three should not be the sub. I'm not sold on Motlop and I realise he is coming back from injury and might of been a bit undone. I still think our downfall is the backline and it has been makeshift most of the year. Not sure how to fix it. Weitering cannot do it all by himself.

Acres. Ollie getting there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I love Ollie, even when he makes a howler, because he has vision and honors a lead, is usually very accurate and well weighted ball user, and absolutely ALWAYS has a crack and plays his guts out for 4/4

Seriously, professional AFL football player, 30 metres out almost directly in front and hasn't got the cahonas to slot it for his team. Hate seeing the players console a player after something like that. Not good enough I'm afraid.
I thought you were done with this club? If that's the case, why are you still here whinging?

Take Voss out of the room and ask the remaining members of the match committee that why they haven't been rotating players?

Why wasn't Charlie given a couple of rests this year? Was it because they wanted some reflected glory in a third coleman for Charlie?

Then I would ask the list management team whose idea it was to keep giving contracts to players who get damaged if a light wind blows past them? I'd ask them why wasn't HoK and Doc put on the LTI and we go to the MSD with 3 picks and pick up a quick tall defender and a medium forward?

There are some people involved in the football department who aren't team players and aren't doing the right thing for the club.

By some people if you mean Brad Lloyd then :thumbsu:

Weird game to attend, and I was staggered by some of the umpiring in the first half. At one stage the crowd were chanting 'Bullshit' and it was stadium wide. Never heard that before.

Yes, I was shattered at the end, but those commenting that our players were weak today clearly hadn't watched the game. There have been plenty of other occasions this season where I've queried our effort, but today the intensity was there. St Kilda wouldn't have had a snowball's chance, but with the injuries and crap umpiring (something I never use as an excuse), that gave the Saints a chance; and they had to play at their best.

Proud of our blokes today, and yet again. I'm in awe of our captain. Amazing.

Port are up ....
Excited Ren And Stimpy GIF by NickRewind

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back