Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are in front

hope GIF

Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

If our Match Committee had of had as much faith in our second tier players earlier in the season instead of our propensity to play underdone and perenially fragile players - we probably wouldn't have needed to win the last game of the season just to make finals.
This :handpointup:

I'm kinda relieved to have my weekends back.

We have been in no shape to make a dent in finals for the last 6-7weeks.

Rather re-set earlier for next year.

Only positive of getting in finals would be to get the experience into young blokes. Would love to go into a final with only a couple of changes.

Let Carroll Lord Binns and Moir get a taste.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the only sliver of a silver lining in this dumpster fire of an injury shot season.

If our Match Committee had of had as much faith in our second tier players earlier in the season instead of our propensity to play underdone and perenially fragile players - we probably wouldn't have needed to win the last game of the season just to make finals.
Bingo.

Lords hands inside and under pressure are elite. Best I’ve seen at that age. Quick & clean and hits targets

What a great pick up. Will be best 22 next year
Yes I noticed that. The other thing I noticed is how deceptively strong he is in a tackle, and able to get his arms free. He looks a beauty.

Wouldn't surprise me if Luke Jackson kicks a torp from 85m after the siren and Freo wins by a point. The footy gods despise us.

Only positive of getting in finals would be to get the experience into young blokes. Would love to go into a final with only a couple of changes.

Finals experience would be a big plus.

Good motivation for players in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, wowee.

Not the groups fault today. Severely undermanned side and completely makeshift side out there - had a crack and was pushing shit up hill from the most repulsive umpiring you'll ever see in the 1st half. As close to match fixing as I've seen, and I rarely shit on umps.

Anyway, the club just let everyone down this year, just a rubbish effort.

Fitness - completely butchered by the s&c team. Experimenting with a heavy pre-season all the way through to R0 cooked us right from the start. Players broken down early in the year which puts us right on the backfoot. Then to hear throughout the year we're still get flogged mid-week was just insane, good ****ing riddance to Andrew Russell.

Coaches - hard to tell how much is instruction v execution with our fragile mob but honestly, the game plan has been terrible. Move slow and kick long to Harry/Charlie. It took a breaking point of injuries to play a more modern, nimble game plan which saw us look infinitely better. I don't know if our assistants are any good or not so I won't bother commenting. I will say, this group are on their 3rd coaching group so I'm suss to keep blaming coaches.

MC - selection integrity has been a joke. Binns 'not ready' my ass - he looks fine out there. Moir looks great, Cooper Lord ditto. It's not rocket science that some kids play better at AFL level than VFL, sometimes you've just got to drop an underperforming senior player to give a young bloke a run. But nope, just his favorites strolling straight in all the time. Dropping Hewett, playing Cerra, Cottrell with zero preparation - just ridiculous. Voss needs to ****ing fix this as it's a serious issue. This shit kills club morale.

List - still think our list is good enough for top 4, but honestly, the mental fragility to be unable to handle any expectation, ever is amateur, and I don't know if it can be fixed. Elite athletes need to have 'it', the arrogance, the desire for responsibility, the ability to embrace the moment and feed off the pressure. We cannot handle it - today is another example. Any time we look good is when we're not supposed to, when there's no expectation and can play freely. Unfortunately we can never have that luxury as we're a big, talked about club whom supporters & the industry have high expectations of. Have we drafted too many nice boys? I've heard Vossy say 'embrace expectation' about 100 times - but seriously why tf do they even mention it? Just shrug it off and play footy. ****ed if I know if we can overcome this - a psychologist would just make it worse imo. Just stop thinking about it instead of overthinking it.

I'm really gutted. Could not give a shit about the Port/Freo game, we've had every chance to control our destiny but we've blown it, every. single. time. Year after year, it doesn't end.

I may have lost faith in this group, we should've been playing finals by 2019-2020 and competing for flags by now, but look at us.

Really feel for Cripps, would not begrudge him if he gave us 1 more year then went for a flag in his latter years.

What are you talking about? You mean how many times do we have to play with half our team. I can think of three games melb 22 pies 22 and today that really hurt but can think of a shitload more where we got the win...yes it hurts but there are 18 teams and inly one can win it. Our time will come.
Time is ticking

Its been a generation now

They just pissed away another year off Cripps’ career

100% agree on that.
Lord has been good, Binns as well.
Moir has some good traits.
Carroll was unlucky to be subbed.

This the entire football world know, yet I know we'll hear every commentator in the media saying umpires aren't to blame etc. Can't critisize them etc.
Well yes, Kemp missed a shot up one end, and we let one through the other not long after. We could have won but those were 2 glaring errors.
BUT, these overpaid peanuts in the media are only too happy to talk about momentum of a game, and how much it has an impact.
SO, why is it not a factor when they pay morale sapping frees against us for bullshit calls. That Cripps one is just absolutely wrong and that umpire is a disgrace. He couldn't possibly see it, the St. Kilda players back had totally blocked his view, and the ball was disposed of correctly, yet he paid a blind free. He could have just balled it up again if he was unsure, but no, he clearly had a guess. Should not umpire another game.
That "sling tackle" by Hewett in their forward 50 sticks in my mind. What a load of shit that was.

Quite a fitting finish for a season of wasted opportunity if that's how it pans out. Playing the kids wasn't so bad Vossy was it? Lord looks like a great pick up, Moir belongs at the level, a log of class. Binns showed plenty in the last 2 weeks as well. Crippa deserves another Charlie for his season, monster. We await the second half, riding Port. A final bit of torment 😑

That was a complete guess and a disgraceful decision - especially when the umpires can't wait to say when the microphones on when they dont pay a free kick, with their perennial get out excuse:

"..... I didn't see it......"

Not enough eyerolls for that one. :rolleyes:
I have NEVER seen a crowd as FURIOUS with the umpiring than today at Marvel. Towards the end of the 2nd Quarter I actually thought there might be a pitch invasion. Whoever the **** Umpire 12 is he should NEVER umpire another game again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back