Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we haven’t beaten much and chucked away game against a side that was otherwise winless would you accept we are, at best, a 6th to 8th side?
Gee that’s a little dramatic given the outs we had

Sydney lost to Richmond and Melbourne lost to Brisbane at home

Sides have bad games. 1 loss doesn’t make us 6th to 8th

Absolutely, but that's where I see our range, is that an unreasonable assessment?
sure, but it's not exactly going out on a limb or particuarly descriptive in terms of how good we are. It's like saying we might be really good or we might be slightly above average. Do you think we should be closer to 13 or 16 wins? Personally I'd consider 13 wins a disaster

Imagine if papley did come over that year 🥺
I’m bullish on durdin

This is what I'm talking about. Papley is a genius at reading the ball off packs. We don't have that at the moment, and I'm not entirely sure we have it on our list. Motlop can but not at speed like Papley. He's almost Rod Ashman-like quality at that aspect.

Gee that’s a little dramatic given the outs we had

Sydney lost to Richmond and Melbourne lost to Brisbane at home

Sides have bad games. 1 loss doesn’t make us 6th to 8th

I don’t think its dramatic at all, we have played two good quarters all year, we are riddled with injuries, I’d be shocked if we finished above 7th.

sure, but it's not exactly going out on a limb or particuarly descriptive in terms of how good we are. It's like saying we might be really good or we might be slightly above average. Do you think we should be closer to 13 or 16 wins?

Nothing to do with going out on a limb, it's about the realism of what I see this side is capable of achieving

Voss talks about moments.

Forget how many goals and marks we missed, the game changed when Zac/Kemp couldn’t kill that ball in the pocket.

Owies walks into an open goal-Misses.

Cottrell/Hollands 2 on 1 late 40 out drops the mark.

Moments are the difference between winning and losing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would say our defence lost us the game. Far too many inside 50 marks given up to the opposition. We won't beat many sides playing like that. If you want to lay blame look squarely at the vice captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say our defence lost us the game. Far too many inside 50 marks given up to the opposition. We won't beat many sides playing like that. If you want to lay blame look squarely at the vice captain.
Yes and No imo.

Crows rebounded fast and furiously into our d50...not a real lot our defenders could have done.

Yes some suspect plays but overall they were simply inundated.

Voss talks about moments.

Forget how many goals and marks we missed, the game changed when Zac/Kemp couldn’t kill that ball in the pocket.

Owies walks into an open goal-Misses.

Cottrell/Hollands 2 on 1 late 40 out drops the mark.

Moments are the difference between winning and losing.

Zac/Kemp get that ball over the line and we win… We were 3goals up

Nothing to do with going out on a limb, it's about the realism of what I see this side is capable of achieving
Okay, so by judging your prediction would it be fair to say you would consider Carlton a very fringe premiership contender? I'm sorry if you've answered this elsewhere I'm not often on these boards

I don't think any side will have it their own way for the season

Momentum is massive in a game, as well as in a season

We, like most pointy end sides will need to adapt

I'm not sure you addressed anything I said there. You did ask me to dissect.

Replacing Cerra with Pittonet is a fairly arrogant call to make. No respect to the opposition

And on Pitto, what on earth do they see in him?

I really hope that was the "loss we needed" because there's a lot of complacency out there right now.

Our small forwards are lazy and ineffective. Allowed their men to waltz past them in attack all night. Horrid
Not sure the small forwards are lazy, rather than not understanding positioning. Late in the last there was a shot on goal from outside 50 and Durds was on the goal line with the KPFs.. Surely you’re positioned 15 metres infront to rove a potential spoil goal side?

Issues for me that need to be corrected for us to challenge later this year

ONE ruck with McKay supporting.
Ball use inside forward 50. Need to be a lot smarter and look for best option.
Clearances. Dropped off badly since last year
Injuries. Hurting us badly. NO side can win a flag with a long injury list
Problem is none of the small forwards we have can take a mark, and are not strong lead up forwards, Martin can help but how many games will we get out of him.

We are too Charlie and Harry conscious.

We lack that third tall that everyone talks about but our delivery inside 50 tonight was horrible.

Our small forwards don’t crumb and kick enough goals. They didn’t really apply pressure to keep the ball on the forward line today.

Missed Fogarty today for forward line pressure and goal assists.

Not sure the small forwards are lazy, rather than not understanding positioning. Late in the last there was a shot on goal from outside 50 and Durds was on the goal line with the KPFs.. Surely you’re positioned 15 metres infront to rove a potential spoil goal side?

The amount times one the smalls was the deepest forward was staggering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Back