Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In amongst all the high fiving and ass slapping a quick shout out to Acres.

He's quickly climbing my ranking of proper hard units, both in his unbelievable gut running and ability to play through discomfort.

He's not right in the head and I'm glad he's ours.
I think he is my favourite Carlton player. Besides Cripps.

I just watched a full replay this morning. We weren’t actually that bad in the first half, just inaccurate and a bit indecisive. The start of the 3rd was really poor but the response thereafter was out of this world. Credit to the players, they have great belief in what they are doing and really knuckled down on their assignments.

Special shout out to Ollie Hollands who’s been a little quiet this season so far. He threw himself into every contest. Contrast to the “rolls Royce” Josh Kelly who was smiling kicking his 3 goals but didn’t have the courage to stand in the hole to stop a Harry McKay mark and goal. A crucial moment in the game.

I just watched a full replay this morning. We weren’t actually that bad in the first half, just inaccurate and a bit indecisive. The start of the 3rd was really poor but the response thereafter was out of this world. Credit to the players, they have great belief in what they are doing and really knuckled down on their assignments.

Special shout out to Ollie Hollands who’s been a little quiet this season so far. He threw himself into every contest. Contrast to the “rolls Royce” Josh Kelly who was smiling kicking his 3 goals but didn’t have the courage to stand in the hole to stop a Harry McKay mark and goal. A crucial moment in the game.
When Ollie’s first play at AFL level was throwing himself in front of Tom Lynch, you just knew we had a player.

To be able to put a game away against a genuine contender in 10 minutes of football. That's a trait consistent with seriously good football teams.

That was as strong a message that could be sent across the competition yesterday. And we did it with a lot of second stringers.

Full of heart, much to be happy with

Good morning all.

Them winning feels beating the undefeated!

5 - 1

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

In amongst all the high fiving and ass slapping a quick shout out to Acres.

He's quickly climbing my ranking of proper hard units, both in his unbelievable gut running and ability to play through discomfort.

He's not right in the head and I'm glad he's ours.

That's a very odd comment.

He's not a freak, just vanilla.

Giants: 15.8
Crows: 16.4
Lions: 13.8

What this tells me is that we're letting the opposition get the ball out of our attacking 50 far too easily without pressure and then taking it down through an open midfield and forward 50 to take an easy shot at goal around 35m out almost directly in front. Both our forwards and mids need to lift their defensive efforts to lock the ball inside the attacking 50. Realistically you can't stop every easy transition, but you can make it much harder on the opposition to execute by applying plenty of pressure.

Teams such as the Cats, Crows, Lions, Pies, Giants and Saints have built their game plan around transition, because it suits their list. We have a team of bruisers such as Cripps, Kennedy, Hewett, Cerra, Carroll & E.Hollands, which is better suited to a game plan consisting of clearance and contested work. I have no issue with Voss and Hansen wanting to incorporate some transition into our game plan, but by the same token you need to understand your list and develop a game plan that suits them accordingly.

The Cats will kill us if we let them exit the front of the stoppage or exit the back 50 without pressure and cleanly transition the ball down the ground. Cameron and Hawkins will eat us for breakfast if we allow this to happen. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cats are either No.1 or 2 so far this season in scoring from transition.

I get the impression the loss to the Crows was perhaps the kick up the arse we needed to jump-start the boys out of some lethargy.
Perhaps, we weren’t that impressive defensively while we also allowed them far to much easy space to move the ball with very little accountability at times…
The positive was we created more scoring shots, although we didn’t take advantage of many kickable opportunities as well as our poor I50 entries…

So we'd just gone about 4 goals down in the 3rd, and my mate looked across the aisle to see some supporters munching on something, and he turned and asked me what they were eating.

I glanced and saw they were hoeing into some souvlakis. My mate asks "where do you get those, and I told him instead of turning right into the bar, go straight ahead and you'll see the shop.

Then he says, "well I'm going to get one, might break their scoring run".

As soon as he disappeared, Giants kicked their first point for ages, having been deadly all day in front of the sticks. He returns and starts enjoying his souva.

Mission accomplished.

We'd had some beers before the game, and from the tap, they had all tasted the same, like toilet water. Disgusting. My last visit to the bar, I had scanned the fridge for a can of something and I had spotted some Balter XPAs.

So I said to my mate, "I'm going to get some Balter cans, maybe that will make us start kicking goals".

As I rose, Ollie Hollands took a mark.

I went down the race, ordered the cans, and heard the roar before the video on the screen caught up. As the beers were delivered, and paid for, I started back to my seat, and heard another big roar. As I sat down, I watched the replay, and it was TDK crumbing a great goal.

Mission accomplished.

And the beers were delicious, so we made sure we kept going, or who knows how the game might have turned out?

possibly, but ive got it down to my eldest daughters boyfriend putting on his scarf, 60 seconds before the avalanche commenced

That and it being my nephews second game. The previous one was the gold coast game at the G last year. Hes had a tough run of it over his 6 years (we are talking ringing the bell at the royal childrens sort of stuff). Hes seen 2 crazy onslaughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitto was great today. Still unsure if it’s our best play going forward but he takes the choccies this week. One of his best games for the club, Briggs is a super ruck and as a matchup it doesn’t get much tougher than him.
First time I've (ever?) seen Pitto be an influence in general play.

Mighty happy with his efforts yesterday.

He looked fit i.e. capable of some reasonable mobility.

I love our skipper he deserves a flag
Nothing would give me more joy than seeing Cripps and Voss hold up the premiership cup one day. Cripps will go down as one of the all time great Carlton players, captains and people. Just oozes leadership. Jump on his back boys, he'll show you the way.

As you can tell, I love Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Back