Autopsy 2024 Rd 8 Disappointing loss for Blues

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not a disappointment it’s expectation… normal play has resumed.. 2023 second half was an anomaly. We’ve just hit their season on track and put demons back into ours.

Cerra, Acres, Fantasia, Cunningham, Hewett, Durdin, Williams were all abysmal.

Cripps, Walsh below standard.

Curnow is getting on my goat this year with some of his thought process.

Heat is back on and Melbourne will smell blood.
Half and small forwards who provide no movement. Only transition in straight lines never change angles. Melbourne's defense will DEMOLISH that. Charlie clearly carrying a niggling injury so even easier for May etc.

what does Zac Williams offer?

Lewis Young in slow motion the entire game they should have played kemp at least he try’s to take the game on.

Why make Kennedy the sub, instead of Fantasia who shouldn’t be playing as he does as much as a player not playing.

But our biggest issue is a movement out of the backline.
There is no one in our defense with any speed. We cannot break lines. Missing Saad terribly.

What can you say? Our sh.. football is so sh.. it's laughable. Trouble is that we see the extremes in the same game far too often.

Fantasia (atm) is the worst player to pull on a Carlton jumper since Warnock.
At least Warnock had the excuse of being concussed. But Fantasia is done and he got 2 years… FMD.

Lewis Young doesn’t have it. Please drop him and never play him again. Sure he's a nice guy, nothing personal. Just never want to watch him playing for us again

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to understand why Kennedy was sub.
Doesn’t fumble enough, provides great hands & strong mark bailout option at centre half forward & kicks with penetration- ie he makes to many team mates look bad if he’s on the ground so he rides the pine

Last edited:
I didn't learn anything new in this loss about our side. The same issues reared their heads again.

Lack of threats inside attacking 50, poor entries and method going inside 50, and not much of a backup plan if our 1 wood doesn't win it. We're far too dependent on winning contest.

Worst game I’ve ever seen. Been to two games live this year (**** you for suggesting it’s my fault). Kennedy as sub needdd to come on for Fantasia or Durdin at half time. We got SMASHED at the clearance when statistically they lose it by massive margins each week. I’m so pissed off.

Maybe another 9 week losing streak will help these squibs.

No. We should have won that but were outplayed, outcoached and outwhateverelse. We are nowhere near as good as the top 4 teams and need to get rid of dead sh...t wood before we are able to get anywhere near the top teams.
Wrong. We're missing SOS, Fogarty, McGovern, Saad, Martin and Doc and we're only a goal off the reigning premiers.

Not to mention the 6 day break vs 8 day break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 8 Disappointing loss for Blues

Back