Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or has this year been a worse than normal year for rookies? Especially as the years gone on and we need to find new blood to get that cash generation.
The rookies at the start of the year have been great.

Clohesy
Dempsey
Sharp
Reid
Wilson
Darcy
Lohman
Even Tberry made money.

The sub rule is killing a few

Max Heath

Ruck/Forward

19 disposals and 24 hitouts against Darcy Fort.

+Hits the scoreboard frequently
+Endurance, his weak point has improved drastically this year
+Numbers are good and better again with Campbell not in the team
+Had 50+ hitouts against Frankston, so he can go very large.

Next year is his year to get some senior games.

Yeah, I think the second wave has been pretty good as well.
Reville, Freijah, Logan Morris, R. Garcia (annoyingly missing this week, but can hardly complain about scores), Sullivan...

Not a bad list!
I only have 1 of those, what the **** have I been doing 😂

I only have 2.
Instead I’m stuck with injured or dropped duds like Rogers, Richards and Dawson. :(
What are your thoughts on Worner?

Does he hang around in the team or will he go once Chapman is back?

I only have 2.
Instead I’m stuck with injured or dropped duds like Rogers, Richards and Dawson. :(
Looking like Richards will be back shortly after COLL's Bye .....listed as 2-4 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on Worner?

Does he hang around in the team or will he go once Chapman is back?
Wouldn’t trust him to hang around.
Longmuir seems to have his favorites and doesn’t change up the team much.
Not sure how bad Chappy’s hammy is though.
They said ‘awareness’ but who knows?

Wouldn’t trust him to hang around.
Longmuir seems to have his favorites and doesn’t change up the team much.
Not sure how bad Chappy’s hammy is though.
They said ‘awareness’ but who knows?

Am I better off getting Schoemaker instead?

Worner a late in for his second match. Bit of a watch to see if he holds next week.
From what I’ve seen on the Freo board looks like he’ll be getting dropped.

Wouldn’t be relying on him for a number this week/or for trade plans

On Jack Hutchinson too - didn’t mind what I saw from him being at the game. But looks unlikely also to hold his spot with the return of Oscar Allen likely this week

On Jack Hutchinson too - didn’t mind what I saw from him being at the game. But looks unlikely also to hold his spot with the return of Oscar Allen likely this week
Is Clay Hall a chance? He's been smashing it in the WAFL. I assume Trew is ahead of him if one comes in this week, because more games?

Is Clay Hall a chance? He's been smashing it in the WAFL. I assume Trew is ahead of him if one comes in this week, because more games?
I bloody hope Clay plays. Would’ve likely been in the mix for round 1 if he didn’t get hurt a few weeks before then. I’d say he’s a chance but since he didn’t get the nod for the north game I wouldn’t say “likely” but I’m hopeful he gets a shot.
IMG_0733.jpeg
Was in a glove today at training - but as far as I’m aware he’s been in it for a while so wouldn’t read too much into it.

Fingers crossed

I bloody hope Clay plays. Would’ve likely been in the mix for round 1 if he didn’t get hurt a few weeks before then. I’d say he’s a chance but since he didn’t get the nod for the north game I wouldn’t say “likely” but I’m hopeful he gets a shot.
View attachment 2022692
Was in a glove today at training - but as far as I’m aware he’s been in it for a while so wouldn’t read too much into it.

Fingers crossed
Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed!

Your coach loves a sub debut though, and you play on Sunday, so not ideal. He does often announce the sub early, so hopefully we get full transparency.

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed!

Your coach loves a sub debut though, and you play on Sunday, so not ideal. He does often announce the sub early, so hopefully we get full transparency.
Oh it absolutely sh**ts me, and also insists on giving Sheed and Gaff games over Trew (at least so we can see if he has what it takes at AFL level) and Hall. Was stoked Hutchy got a full game in given Harvey Johnston got the vest on debut. If it means anything I was at both Hutchy and Johnston’s debut’s this season and will be there on Sunday, so hopefully a Clay debut is coming up next🙏

thoughts on bailey laurie? was sub came on for petracca when he was injured. been sub all 4 of his games this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back