Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we both lose, they would need to lose by roughly 4 goals more than we do for us to go past them.
Likewise, if we both win, we'd need to win by roughly 4 goals more than they do.

It's not 3 points of score accounting for 1.1%

So much still to play out this coming weekend.

We're better off playing at the G.
I don't fear Hawthorn. We were cooked, and put in a stinker.
I see it this way too.
Meet them with ferocity and don't let up. Tackle with intensity.

If we both lose, they would need to lose by roughly 4 goals more than we do for us to go past them.
Likewise, if we both win, we'd need to win by roughly 4 goals more than they do.

It's not 3 points of score accounting for 1.1%
Yeah, it's more like 3 goals. But depends on the actual scores.

e.g. if we lose 60 to 70, Hawthorn would need to lose 60 to 87

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints in good form. I had them tipped to be good this season and make finals. They can be a bogy side for us because their speed and pressure, when they are on, is pretty good.

There was a lot to like about us last week. Structural and positional changes were really exciting.

I liked us keeping Weitering and Young on seperate lines. Young FB and Weitering CHB was really good for us. Carroll was outstanding at half back. If we don't see him there this week end we are crazy. I thought some of the other ins did enough to keep their spot.

According to injury list. Martin, McKay, Marchbank, Curnow and Saad are possible ins. Fantasia should be available.

Regardless of ins. Carroll needs to play half back. Kemp needs to play forward. Young stays in and plays fullback. Weitering CHB. I'm happy to see Binns and Lord go again. Regardless how far we progress this season, Cerra is done. Should not play again this season.

I think the team will be unchanged. Possibly see some of the above players return. Doubt we see Saad back. McKay and Curnow are possibilities I would guess? Durdin if he has a should that comes in and out regularly could play this week. But good chance he doesn't which is a shame as he played well.

I think we likely go in unchanged but maybe we go in like this?

B: McGovern Young Cowan
HB: Carroll Weitering Newman
C: Acers Cripps O Hollands
HF: E Hollands Curnow Durdin
F: Owies McKay Kemp
OB: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
IC: Cincotta Kennedy Binns Williams
SUB: Lord
EM: Motlop Moir Wilson

Gee it's hard to guess the side after a game like that and a heap of players 1-2 weeks.

So if Saad is in, that is really hard to pick that backline? Would we run Saad on the wing at all? Cowan and Cincotta were excellent. Carroll's game was one of the best half back games I have seen this year from a Carlton player.

Last edited:
Agree.

Boyd is the interesting one. Been struggling this year and I really liked Cincotta Cowan & Hollands (plus Saad) as our running defenders
Carroll was amazing at half back. I we don't see that again we have rocks in our head. I think Young stays. If Saad is back, selecting the backline is going to be super hard. All the defenders were excellent on the weekend.

I’d almost put a line through Martin, his body is just too big of a risk these days, he’s playing days are unfortunately done…

Cerra is worrying, 3 hamstrings within this season alone he’s class act but I’m not convinced or confident he can get through multiple games without breaking down again this year, hopefully that’s not the case, our reserves season is over which doesn’t help his chances either…

Having TDK Charlie Harry Saad and Boyd available would be a huge boost…
I would not pick him for the rest of the season, even if he is fit now and we make the grand final. Every time he has returned from an injury he has been dreadful.

Might be the kick up the arse he needs. Might see him get properly fit next year.

I would put Martin in the same boat. Going into crucial games now. Don't need players who aren't fit and will only half perform.

Saints in good form. I had them tipped to be good this season and make finals. They can be a bogy side for us because their speed and pressure, when they are on, is pretty good.

There was a lot to like about us last week. Structural and positional changes were really exciting.

I liked us keeping Weitering and Young on seperate lines. Young FB and Weitering CHB was really good for us. Carroll was outstanding at half back. If we don't see him there this week end we are crazy. I thought some of the other ins did enough to keep their spot.

According to injury list. Martin, McKay, Marchbank, Curnow and Saad are possible ins. Fantasia should be available.

Regardless of ins. Carroll needs to play half back. Kemp needs to play forward. Young stays in and plays fullback. Weitering CHB. I'm happy to see Binns and Lord go again. Regardless how far we progress this season, Cerra is done. Should not play again this season.

I think the team will be unchanged. Possibly see some of the above players return. Doubt we see Saad back. McKay and Curnow are possibilities I would guess? Durdin if he has a should that comes in and out regularly could play this week. But good chance he doesn't which is a shame as he played well.

I think we likely go in unchanged but maybe we go in like this?

B: McGovern Young Cowan
HB: Carroll Weitering Newman
C: Acers Cripps O Hollands
HF: E Hollands Curnow Durdin
F: Owies McKay Kemp
OB: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
IC: Cincotta Kennedy Binns Williams
SUB: Lord
EM: Motlop Moir Wilson

Gee it's hard to guess the side after a game like that and a heap of players 1-2 weeks.

So if Saad is in, that is really hard to pick that backline? Would we run Saad on the wing at all? Cowan and Cincotta were excellent. Carroll's game was one of the best half back games I have seen this year from a Carlton player.
Throw Saad in the forward line he can rove to Kemp … that’ll throw Ross right off

If Kemp does stay forward, his newly acquired defensive skills could be handy - Charlie & Harry not great defensively - Kemp did a great job on The Healthier
McGovern.

He’s had a pretty good view on how forwards mark the ball, kick goals, lead and can make space.

Good to put his learnings to good use..

So the equation is clear.

Under fire Essendon beat Brisbane at the Gabba on Saturday night

Giants beat Dogs keeping their top 2 hopes alive (assuming they don't tank to play Sydney week one)

Beat Saints by 4 goals more than the Hawks beat North. We at least know the equation by then.

Port beat Dockers.

Carlton then finish 5th.

Week 1 - Carlton vs Bulldogs

Week 2 - Carlton vs Geelong

Week 3 - Port vs Carlton (we beat them there this year)

Week 4 - Sydney/GWS vs Carlton at MCG.

So we have to barrack for Essendon.

* Yes, I'm well aware this could bite me on the arse next Sunday.

Who would have thought a win against West Coast would bring about new hope?

Even if we lose to the Saints and our season ends, I'm going to take a lot of positives into the offseason regardless.

I'm seeing a lot in Moir and a fair bit in Binns and Lord, buoyed by the role of Ollie Hollands and thrilled with the game of Corey Durdin. The performance from Brodie Kemp is the biggest buzz of all though.

I hope and pray Voss goes to school on the way we did this. It was a perfect performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back