Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if that isn’t motivation enough for our guys to come out breathing fire I don’t know what is.

“They hate you so much all they want to do is upset your season. Nothing in it for them.”

**** that. Eat them alive.

tbh, I'd rather we just focus on what we've got to do as a team... dgaf about their motivations...

I mean if that isn’t motivation enough for our guys to come out breathing fire I don’t know what is.

“They hate you so much all they want to do is upset your season. Nothing in it for them.”

**** that. Eat them alive.
Overcome them with pressure and a ferocious attack - they will relent in the 2nd half. Take away any hope as early as possible & we could blow this game out & gain enough percentage to rise above Hawthorn.

Bring in Saad, Fantasia and Curnow if they're fit imo.

FB: Young Weitering Newman
HB: Ollie McGovern Saad
C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Fantasia Durdin Elijah
F: Williams Curnow Owies
FOL: Pitto Hewett Walsh
INT: Cincotta Kemp Cowan Kennedy
SUB: Carroll

IN: Saad, Fantasia, Curnow
OUT: Lord (omitted), Moir (omitted), Motlop (omitted)

Overcome them with pressure and a ferocious attack - they will relent in the 2nd half. Take away any hope as early as possible & we could blow this game out & gain enough percentage to rise above Hawthorn.
100% cc.
Need to be switched right on from the start. Need to knock em out by half time. If there in front or we leave them with a sniff in the last it could be very dangerous.imo

Hopefully the acoustic sound from the crowd at marvel will force the our players to play with their instinct. I envisage 95% of the crowd will be us chanting all sorts.

If this doesnt get us over the line, nothing will.

Here me out here.
Make Charlie the sub…..see how we’re travelling at halftime.
If going ok, do nothing, if we need a quick sugar hit, bring him on.
Come at me!
It's not the worst shout, on paper, but the reality of the sub is that we've seen before they can be activated within minutes of the game starting if someone is unlucky with injury. If he's not fit to play the full game he shouldn't be sub, as tantalising as it would be to see him come in at the 20 min mark of the 3rd qtr when scores are close.

interesting debacles - probably more concerned about the tests for the players that played as opposed to the ones who missed.

Would like Kemp to remain in the forward half. If Gov misses though, I think he’ll be forced back.

If Charlie returns (not sold) and Kemp has to go back, then Kennedy will spend more time up forward. In which case Lord or Carroll keep their spot as a midfield rotation.

Feeling is that the only player that gets up after missing the Hawthorn game is Saad. Charlie might well be named and given to the 11th hour, but if he is not fit and is hampered by the ankle, then there’s no point risking him. Particularly if his presence means we revert to the silly old game plan of constantly targeting him. Use him as a decoy!

How about Wilson , will do as much if not more than fanta will.. plus get some experience.
We just learned that our youngsters just need an opportunity…effort, desire etc,
or we can just stick with these old broken, non contributors to keep some of you happy.
chances are wilson is already coming in for gov unless saad is fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might just be me but there's zero chance I'm risking Docherty in this game. Would only have been playing him in a game at the very pointy end of the season.

It seems very unlikely we're winning a flag this year, let him continue to strengthen the knee and get a clean crack at it next season.

Also reckon Ross might be more interested ****ing the finals chances of the club who sacked him.

I can almost guarantee that is exactly what Ross & SOS will be focusing on this week. They would love nothing more than to finish their season beating the Cats and knocking Carlton out of the finals.

Understatement of the year but this is a HUGE game.

Tough selection this week with the five tests listed on the injury report. The below team assumes worst case scenario where all five miss leaving us with only 26 players to pick from. More debutants than I would want in a must-win game but not much more we can do. Have to bring the same level of pressure we did against the Eagles this week to have any chance of a win.

FBAlex CincottaLewis YoungLachie Cowan
HBOliver HollandsJacob WeiteringNic Newman
CBlake AcresPatrick CrippsJaxon Binns
HFZac WilliamsHarry Lemmey**Elijah Hollands
FFMatt OwiesBrodie KempJesse Motlop
FOLMarc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
INTBilly Wilson*Jack CarrollCooper LordMatthew Kennedy
SUBAshton Moir***

* If McGovern is fit he comes in for Wilson.
** If C.Durdin is fit he comes in for Lemmey
*** If Curnow is fit he comes in for Moir (Carroll becomes sub)

OUT: McGovern* (inj) & C.Durdin** (inj)
IN: Wilson* & Lemmey**
No way!
Moir has to be sub again
..surely? Massive x factor.

Lyon in his post match presser after Geelong - stated that he liked to be a "Grinch" regarding having a say in who plays finals - absolutely licking his chops thinking about this match.

Pity the game is being played- before the Port V Freo match.
Exactly. The prick.

I just hope we dont bring in any questionable or underdone players. If there is the slightest question mark over their health, just dont bring them in.

We cant afford to lose a player in the first quarter again due to a reoccurring injury. So that means guys like Marchbank shouldn't even be considered.

Also surprised that they listed Saad as test one week after his second hammy of the season.

Be great if Saad and Charlie come up.

Little Durds will not play surely so that leaves one spot for Charlie in the front half so
for mine that is easy.

Saady tougher who would come out but it can't be Cow so probably a very stiff Carrol
or Cinc.

If Gov does not come up then both play.

So that looks only likely changes for me.

In the unlikely event Durds and Charlie play I think we would need a slight re jig and Binns out.

Jesse worked so hard last week and should be retained, he is building.

And Lord was brilliant in close, he took a load off Crippa and Hewy, allowed them more break away.... Has to stay.

He is tough, clever and only a fit Cerra at this point should push him out. A great debut and can only get better.

We have found another gem there I think. :thumbsu:

I would be having Binns as sub and Moir in 22 if the choice was between those two also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back