Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a tagging job on Callum Wilkie if there is personel for it.

Well to be fair there just isn't anything nice to say about St Kilda. Perennial cellar dwellers, loser mentality (except for when playing Carlton for some reason in the 21st century where they dial everything up to 11), poor culture, uninspiring colours and logo, their players usually have weird faces for some reason, Ross Lyon footy... I could go on forever.

...and I wonder they always get fired up against us ??? :huh:

Is it bad that I'm being a little... selfish? (idk if it's the right word..) in that I want Cripps to put in a BoG performance to lock in a Brownlow? (I believe he's about half a game to a game up on 2nd, a 2 or 3 voter in my view makes his lead unassailable 1 maybe secures it but more definitely does)

I'm sure he'll get tagged and heavily game-planned against, that's what Ross does - don't get beaten by what you know/take away the oppositions best weapon, and everyone knows Cripps is key.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Cripps having this performance also is our best chance to win, so in both respects I'm really hoping for it but it'll be hard work

Is it bad that I'm being a little... selfish? (idk if it's the right word..) in that I want Cripps to put in a BoG performance to lock in a Brownlow? (I believe he's about half a game to a game up on 2nd, a 2 or 3 voter in my view makes his lead unassailable 1 maybe secures it but more definitely does)

I'm sure he'll get tagged and heavily game-planned against, that's what Ross does - don't get beaten by what you know/take away the oppositions best weapon, and everyone knows Cripps is key.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Cripps having this performance also is our best chance to win, so in both respects I'm really hoping for it but it'll be hard work
Personnel awards are good but they are all secondary to playing and winning finals.

I’m yet to hear a player say anything to the contrary.

Having said that we do need a top notch game from Crippa for this game. So winning the game and Crippa potentially getting 3 Brownlow votes are probably dependent on one another.

Yeah I’m super keen for this game on the back of what our boys produced against eagles.

I would rather play like last week and lose compared to play like previous to last weeek and lose…hope that makes sense 🤦
I agree, what we want is to see them have a red hot crack at it. Hopefully, that brings us the win.

It's not bad from a fan's perspective but I'm sure that Crippa would be looking at it differently. His focus would be on winning a Premiership medal, winning a Brownlow wouldn't be his priority.

Of course, if he could win both it'd be great.

Yeah I’m super keen for this game on the back of what our boys produced against eagles.

I would rather play like last week and lose compared to play like previous to last weeek and lose…hope that makes sense 🤦
It makes sense. Win or lose, chances are we will be heading to Brissy in first week. Hawks at the G, I would prefer.

Kid's all deserve another go imo, have shown that they have got what it takes. Small sample size, I know.

Would like to see Moir get a full game in the forward pocket, actually think the Charlie stuff could be BS.

Hope he does not play to be honest. Club should recognise his value and severity of ankle issues and just put him in

mothballs for next season.

Saads hammy must have been just tightness after just two weeks recovery. Be awesome to have him back. Think he

takes Carroll or Cincs spot in defence.

Marshall is close to their best player and we do need Pitt to stand up again and be very aggressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not confident at all this week, the fact that StK will more than likely end our season makes me feel physically ill.
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

There are a few flogs on the Aints board that think the Baggers are the worst performing team of the AFL era. Flogs from a rabble that hasn't won jack since the Moon landing. Fair dinkum! We need to bury this irrelevant club on Sunday and get on with finals where we belong.

IMG_1019.jpeg

12.30 onwards should be of interest to Vossie.

Yeah he makes some interesting points.

Pitto v Marshall matchup is a worry for us when out on the spread

I watched your game last week against the cats. 2nd half was some of the best footy I’ve seen in recent times.

I’m hoping your players minds are on mad Monday shennanigans 😁

IN: Saad, Fantasia
OUT: McGovern, Durdin

Caminiti will miss due to injury so their only player with height in their forward line is Sharman. I think if we play all of Weiters + 2 of Young, Gov, Marchbank we'll be too tall so it's an opportune time to give Gov a rest and get him right for a potential finals series.

Young on Sharman and Weiters playing intercept.

Only risk is if we lose a tall during the game then we're screwed. Could potentially even play Marchy as the sub to give some cover for this (in which case Moir comes out).

Give everyone else on the injury list an additional week to get cherry ripe for finals. Saints are fielding a small and fast side currently so I think our team from last week will be a good equivalent match-up.

Means we will have these guys (hopefully) available week 1 of finals:
Curnow
TDK
Martin
McGovern
McKay
Boyd (maybe)
I would bring in Charlie as well. Think the week off would’ve helped a lot. Comes in for Carroll and then fantasia sub give Moir a full game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back