Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This game has nothing to do with them it’s all about us.We know what they will bring,the question is what we will.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Typically St Kilda play their grand final against us every year but it looks like they may have spent that energy last week on the cats.

With that said, you can see the twinkle in the Saints players eyes when they play Carlton.

We have a lot of outs to our best 22 and the replacements are young so it will be difficult to focus on the game style we want to play rather than negating the game style the Saints want to.

MC will go with as much experience as possible. Same as last week, they limited to 2 debutants when most were calling for all of them to play. Think the bench will end up being:
Cincotta, Kennedy, C Durdin, Fantasia, Carroll (Sub)

Not too worried about Charlie playing. An ankle can have the brace and jab. More worried about Saad and a one week hammy for a guy with hamstring history. Seems risky when we have another two guys (McGovern, Williams) under hamstring cloud also with soft tissue history.

Hanging to get there Sunday but also dreading it a bit. Still remember that walk out of the G after that last game 2022. Terrible.

IMC will go with as much experience as possible. Same as last week, they limited to 2 debutants when most were calling for all of them to play. Think the bench will end up being:

Not too worried about Charlie playing. An ankle can have the brace and jab. More worried about Saad and a one week hammy for a guy with hamstring history. Seems risky when we have another two guys (McGovern, Williams) under hamstring cloud also with soft tissue history.

Hanging to get there Sunday but also dreading it a bit. Still remember that walk out of the G after that last game 2022. Terrible.
Would rather the exuberance and speed of the newbs.

MC will go with as much experience as possible. Same as last week, they limited to 2 debutants when most were calling for all of them to play. Think the bench will end up being:

Not too worried about Charlie playing. An ankle can have the brace and jab.
I also expect one less small forward now we have more flexibility with lineup. If Durdin plays Motlop might come out.

Don't think we should be dicing with potentially unfit players. I hope that everyone that makes the final cut is relatively fit and are able to play out the game not hindered by injury.

I know we were only playing WC last week but the manner in which we played was most encouraging. We need to replicate that game plan with more regular personnel.

Another win, hopefully, building belief and momentum and a week's rest to give everyone a refresh. This will set us up nicely for a crack in the first week of finals.

Go Blues.

I think we get too focused on the names. We have strong enough team to win and win comfortably.

It all really comes down to application in 2 particular areas.

1. Pressure; When we play well, our pressure is through the roof, which creates errors through both direct pressure and referred pressure and focusing on the 1%s. Basically making life hard for the opposition.

2. Clearances & Contested Footy: This is our competitive advantage. Not sure how we’ve been so poor in this for large parts of the years.

Would love Vossy and co just to keep it simple. We do this well and we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I am definitely not ready for footy to be finished for us Blues this week.

Have a look at Crippa's face at the final siren on the bench last week......says it all.

He is DEFINITELY not ready for the season to end.

He will again put the team and all of us on those herculean shoulders and lead
us to finals in two weeks time.

Players like Kennedy and Hewy who have been huge and completely driven in the past two weeks will be right behind him.

Ditto Acres, a big game gun and made for finals. This IS A FINAL!

Let's not forget Walshy's finals heroics last year, he will cast aside any issues this week and just get it done.

The zest and energy the new young ones injected last week was just what this team needed and all will be better for the run.

Pitto will get confidence from last week and will be like a mad bull at that pretty boy ruck of theirs, he will not let the boys down.

Saady back is huge.

WE WIN!!!!! GO BLUES!!!!!

I know I am definitely not ready for footy to be finished for us Blues this week.

Have a look at Crippa's face at the final siren on the bench last week......says it all.

Players like Kennedy and Hewy who have been huge and completely driven in the past two weeks will be right behind him.

Let's not forget Walshy's finals heroics last year, he will cast aside any issues this week and just get it done.

The zest and energy the new young ones injected last week was just what this team needed and all will be better for the run.

Pitto will get confidence from last week and will be like a mad bull at that pretty boy ruck of theirs, he will not let the boys down.

Charlie will be the inspirational match winner we know and love.

To have him and Saady back is huge.

Charlies out

Just need to play the same style as last week. Play a quicker side, lots of pressure, flatter entries , lower the eyes, some dirty chaos ball thrown in!
Let Kempy and the smalls go to work, once it’s in there lock it in.
We just don’t really have any choice but to play this way and it suits us imo.
If we bomb it in, battle and Wilkie will have a field day

Saady back is huge.

A massive cortisone jab for Walshy? How long will it take for him to come good?

It was always going to be difficult, Charlie would've provided some good distraction for Battle/Wilkie, now Kemp and Kennedy must stand that bit taller...
But at the same time the kaotic forward line set up last week quite simply has to do it again this week.
Pitto's job so much more significant the week against a decent ruck, the mids need to be 100% onboard.
A much tougher job, but also a great warm up for a trip north in a couple of weeks...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back