Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Charlie and Williams has been pulled from the team after the final training run, due to fitness issues.

Where is McGov at? How borderline is he?
I just want to know that if we don't pull him as a late out, then he is 100% fit!

No matter the player, we can't afford a compromised bench again due to injuries :mad:

So Charlie and Williams has been pulled from the team after the final training run, due to fitness issues.

I just want to know that if we don't pull him as a late out, then he is 100% fit!

No matter the player, we can't afford a compromised bench again due to injuries :mad:

Waiting until tomorrow possibly Sunday to see how McGovern, Durdin pull up/feel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not super confident.

At least we know Port will be playing to win to get a home final.
If Giants lose Port may have 2nd spot locked away before their game. Unless Cats can jump them on % - would take a pretty decent win against WCE.

Edit: Or Port get beaten and lose enough % to drop below the Giants/Cats.

Yeh I understand they are options but I think the coaches opting for some experience makes some sense in a must-win game
The coaches are in the best position to make these calls - when is one more youth too many? I would love for Lemmey or Wilson to show what they have to offer at AFL level - we'll see soon enough

Still don’t mind the smaller set up - if we can control the contest in the midfield we’ll still win; that forward line has enough goals in it if the scoring opportunities come.

Young and Weitering playing well together is the most important aspect of the backline; there’s plenty of experience around them.

Binns surely means Ollie plays back.
Elijah hopefully plays the big midfield minutes he had last week.

The coaches are in the best position to make these calls - when is one more youth too many? I would love for Lemmey or Wilson to show what they have to offer at AFL level - we'll see soon enough

No, I am in the best position

Gov won't play

We are going to have to do what we did last week. Play a very non-Carlton brand if footy. Fast, high pressure and with good slick disposal.

Could work for us again. If we really get running, hit our targets, get plenty of numbers at ground level and tackle and chase well then this game will be ours.

IMO we are a better side than St Kilda. Saints are in form but I don't think it's going to count. Every time we select a side that favours run and speed we tend to win.

Young and Weitering, hopefully this is figured out. Just let Young play full back and weitering CHB. Newman, Saad, Cowan, Cincotta and Carroll will give us loads of run. If McGovern is out as well then we just have to make it work.

Hollands, Acres and Binns. I just like it. Binns is a natural winger who really built into the game last week. Hollands and Binns have form so we can work on that. We may have finally found our 3 for the wing.

On ball Cripps is red hot. I don't buy the Walsh has issues thing. I can see he's putting way more into his chasing and pressure, so he's getting less footy. But it's better for the team, he's playing team footy. That's it. Hewett has form as the third foil. Bring in Lord who added a lot last week and Hollands and Kennedy as rotations we should be able to have plenty of big moments in the middle.

A forward line that has been so heavily reliant on two talls and has become lazy when delivering the ball because of it. More run and carry, more short kicking and less predictability is a positive for us. We have our mosquito fleet now. Just need to kick it in low and accurately again.

I'm keen to see this.

A whole year younger and 30 games less experience on average. Will go down further if Gov is out. A win depends on how our youth (under 22) in the squad go; Hollands x 2, Motlop, Durdin, Cowan, Moir, Lord, Binns, Carroll. I back our leaders and experience, need these 9 to come ready for the fight again, most were fantastic.

Also, use our ground ball strength in f50 and around half forward and nullify Wilkie and co. in taking advantage in the air with our small forward line.
Fingers are crossed we have another finals berth come 6pm Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back