Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

No sense trading Howes if you held him for this week, IMO (unless you didn't bring in Clohesy already). BE is going to be 20-odd, JS is locked, and he's still got an easy $70-80k to make.

Carroll/Kerch and (if you're still holding) Coffield are bigger priorities to turf now.

No sense trading Howes if you held him for this week, IMO (unless you didn't bring in Clohesy already). BE is going to be 20-odd, JS is locked, and he's still got an easy $70-80k to make.

Carroll/Kerch and (if you're still holding) Coffield are bigger priorities to turf now.

I agree Howes is a hold for now. I was thinking of trading Kerch > Clohesy and swing Naicos to the Mids for a week.

I've held Dawson and his probably going to be 500k and dropping to 400k

At this point is he just a hold.... no idea what to do because as soon as I drop him he will get moved back to HB and be elite again

Nicks cant continue to play him like this, his getting nothing out of his best player
I've been saying hold all year, but I'm going to trade him.

His CBAs have dropped and he is now playing forward more. They also looked much better in the middle with the young guys in there, so I think it will stay the same for a while.

I’d trade Howes over Coffield. It’s a race to full premo, and that 150k is gold with fallen premos and Walsh coming in two weeks. Need a big bank. Howes has a Bye and shouldn’t need to be fielded, so is just sitting on your bench. Will take him another SIX weeks to make 60k, so to make the 70-80 you’re quoting, make it 8 weeks. Unless he somehow gets an 80 spike game, but I can’t see that from watching him closely for the first 6 games he’s played.

You'd be spewing if you traded in Brown or Sharp this week and put them on the ground. :$

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

I've held Dawson and his probably going to be 500k and dropping to 400k

At this point is he just a hold.... no idea what to do because as soon as I drop him he will get moved back to HB and be elite again

Nicks cant continue to play him like this, his getting nothing out of his best player
The evidence is there, something isn’t right. I’ve held Cripps & Neale in the past and they never came good during their ‘off’ seasons. Spewing I didn’t drop Dawson a couple of weeks back but I have no hesitation in dropping him now, he just ain’t worth it unfortunately.

I’d trade Howes over Coffield. It’s a race to full premo, and that 150k is gold with fallen premos and Walsh coming in two weeks. Need a big bank. Howes has a Bye and shouldn’t need to be fielded, so is just sitting on your bench. Will take him another SIX weeks to make 60k, so to make the 70-80 you’re quoting, make it 8 weeks. Unless he somehow gets an 80 spike game, but I can’t see that from watching him closely for the first 6 games he’s played.

Fair point, but at some point you're going to have to turf Coffield. A lot of people will have Coffield, Reid, a 102k ruck loop and Clark (some even still have Sexton/Mannagh types). Just way too much cash gen being sacrificed if you hold them too long. You might get some upgrades done sooner, but it'll hurt your team in the long term IMO.

Yeah, bye for Howes next week, but four games after that at 60 gets him to $280k and is a successful pick at that point. If he puts out a spike score, even better (looks better on the wide expanses of the G, and our next three are there).

If you have no other problems, then sure, move him on. Just think there are other priorities for people to trade at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The evidence is there, something isn’t right. I’ve held Cripps & Neale in the past and they never came good during their ‘off’ seasons. Spewing I didn’t drop Dawson a couple of weeks back but I have no hesitation in dropping him now, he just ain’t worth it unfortunately.
Sound reasoning, guess it makes sense going Walsh...

Fair point, but at some point you're going to have to turf Coffield. A lot of people will have Coffield, Reid, a 102k ruck loop and Clark (some even still have Sexton/Mannagh types). Just way too much cash gen being sacrificed if you hold them too long. You might get some upgrades done sooner, but it'll hurt your team in the long term IMO.

Yeah, bye for Howes next week, but four games after that at 60 gets him to $280k and is a successful pick at that point. If he puts out a spike score, even better (looks better on the wide expanses of the G, and our next three are there).

If you have no other problems, then sure, move him on. Just think there are other priorities for people to trade at this point.
Don’t HAVE to turf Coffield, unless you have him AND Reid. Clark a better trade out if you hold one of them.

Walsh would have to be most people’s priority in two weeks. Upgrading Kerch to Walsh will cost you 280k. Gotta get that 280k from rookies somehow. Most are still mooing and have good cash to make. Howes would be one that’s close to maxed and will generate a fair bit of coin. You’d have to trade four Clark’s or 16 Coffields to make that cash. Of course if you have Dawson, could cash him in, but most won’t have him anymore.

Some very good arguments for holding vs trading Howes. Coffield vs Howes is also what I'm debating. Coffield absolutely needs to go before the bye, but yeah if trading Howes is the best avenue to get Walsh then I think it's probably worth it.

Completely different story if Kerch didn't get injured and Sanders isn't subbed, shocking timing for it. Carroll and Clark being subs doesn't help either. What a horrific week for rookies outside of Clohesy and Reid (and Biggie looking the goods).

I need 5 or 6 trades to clear out all my rookies whose cash gen has stopped due to sub, injury, poor score.

Can I use three boosts in one round?
would think sanders, carrol and clark are all holds. campbell mckercher and howes out for me

doubt sanders cops the sub again after the drama that caused

carrol might get subbed again so could potentially be out instead of howes as howes cash gen reset

clark hasnt made enough money not worth 60k for a trade

currently thinking campbell mckercher howes out for steele graham comben

not even sure the cash would add up but fingers crossed. might need someone else instead of comben

Carroll > Graham

Going to pass on Comben.

I want some of that Biggie action the week after. The 100k difference between Biggie and Comben seals the deal.

Why is there so much talk about Walsh?

Huge score this week, but isn't the interupted preseason a huge red flag?

Scores to date are irrelevant when trading in, but do people think he can maintain a 120+ level and be a top 8 mid from this point forward?

Why is there so much talk about Walsh?

Huge score this week, but isn't the interupted preseason a huge red flag?

Scores to date are irrelevant when trading in, but do people think he's going to be a top 8 mid from this point forward?
I think he's priced about 10-15 points less than we can reasonably expect and his ceiling is 20 points better. He's very good value and very capable of being a top 8 mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back