Game Day 2024 Round ZERO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel like teams should be locked B4 Round zero ? .....surely we've done the research, seen two praccie matches ....isn't that enough?

Signed

President of the POD preservation society
This 100%

Don't think we lock out all teams just the R0 teams (I.e Gawn and Grundy locked after they play and unable to be traded leading up to R1)

Ah the conflict for coaches when Heeney punches out 160 this week........
No Way GIF

Not for me, he's on the never, ever, ever again list!

Does anyone else feel like teams should be locked B4 Round zero ? .....surely we've done the research, seen two praccie matches ....isn't that enough?

Signed

No don't agree. There is always scrambling before round 1 because of rookies we thought would play that aren't, and rookies we've never heard of that are named.

Locking in teams before we know who's at least been named for the first game throws up too many unknowns.

I've got a better idea. How about scrapping this ridiculous round zero.

No don't agree. There is always scrambling before round 1 because of rookies we thought would play that aren't, and rookies we've never heard of that are named.

Locking in teams before we know who's at least been named for the first game throws up too many unknowns.

I've got a better idea. How about scrapping this ridiculous round zero.
Agreed. Many will also chase yesterday's points and it will hurt them.

Signed

POD - how about POS :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave him some of mine as I won’t be trading until the MBRs

Animation Lying GIF
I won't trade until round 7 if my team is perfect and no correctional trades needed.
I will boost rounds 7,8,9,10,11
Giving me 8 rounds in a row of 3 trades.
This is a perfect world ofc. I probably will do some corrections early but I really hope I don't need to.

I won't trade until round 7 if my team is perfect and no correctional trades needed.
I will boost rounds 7,8,9,10,11
Giving me 8 rounds in a row of 3 trades.
This is a perfect world ofc. I probably will do some corrections early but I really hope I don't need to.
Some coaches will be upgrading in round 6 using Rich/Mel players.

This is the year to punt any rookie with a high BE, no point holding them until a poor game works out of their price cycle.

Some coaches will be upgrading in round 6 using Rich/Mel players.

This is the year to punt any rookie with a high BE, no point holding them until a poor game works out of their price cycle.
Maybe yes. But I doubt I boost. If you do your boost in consecutive weeks and hold fire until your rookies have more value some of those boost weeks become one down 2 up weeks. Particularly if your getting 2 forward premos.
Far better use of the boosts imo

Maybe yes. But I doubt I boost. If you do your boost in consecutive weeks and hold fire until your rookies have more value some of those boost weeks become one down 2 up weeks. Particularly if your getting 2 forward premos.
Far better use of the boosts imo
Yeah a lot will be determined by DPP changes. We'll have a good idea if there will be any decent ones coming in round 7.

Round 6 could be a case of downgrading rookies on their bye to do upgrades the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back