Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I very much doubt Money made that info up, but I'd absolutely believe a Port-related contact put out that rumour as a last-ditch effort to sway Cumming, and given his biases he was willing to run with it
I agree.

Money seems to have very close contacts with Port, and that (and his own biases) put him in a position where he ran with a story that he should have known was suss.

Why don't you believe that?

They gave Ratagulea $800k a year for 4 years, and Luko is obviously better than him.

They've been very willing to spend for players they see as real needs.
Lets assume Ratagulea and Lukosius contracts are true .....and they rarely are ....what is Rozee, Butters, Houston on ?

There's no-way with those numbers they can have room for Perryman, Cumming, Richards ...

Ratugulea would have been on $350K at GEEL .....he wasn't a best 22 player ....why in hell would Port pay a $450K premium for him, it's senseless

The idea with Lukosius was to even out his $1M a year contract (back ended), by extending the period ....there's no way I'm believing Port simply took the back ended value, and said we'll give you another 5 years on top at the same value

Not a chance !

Why don't you believe that?

They gave Ratagulea $800k a year for 4 years, and Luko is obviously better than him.

They've been very willing to spend for players they see as real needs.
Has this been published anywhere? It seems to be repeated ad nausem without much evidence?

The News Corp report states both Port Adelaide and Hawthorn’s offers are five-year deals, and though likely north of $500,000 annually with the potential to “significantly” rise with the new CBA, they wouldn’t start at $700,000.

The Ratagulea number was widely reported. Google will find that for you.

Believe it, don't believe it, that's your call.

Luko, Rozee and Butters would all be close to $1m. JHF is already on $750k. Houston signed a long deal and feels underpaid, which is a key motivation for leaving.

Personally, I don't think they extended Luko for five more years on his current $1m. It just feels insane. But knowing Port, it's not impossible.
Was it? The best I can find is 5 mill over 7

The Ratagulea number was widely reported. Google will find that for you.

Believe it, don't believe it, that's your call.

Luko, Rozee and Butters would all be close to $1m. JHF is already on $750k. Houston signed a long deal and feels underpaid, which is a key motivation for leaving.

Personally, I don't think they extended Luko for five more years on his current $1m. It just feels insane. But knowing Port, it's not impossible.
Contract security (4 years ) at $550K would have secured Ratagulea .....he was getting dropped regularly and would have been delisted

GEEL weren't fighting to keep him .....I don't care what the media state as his value .....no-one "officially" has released his value, it's all speculation

Has this been published anywhere? It seems to be repeated ad nausem without much evidence?

The News Corp report states both Port Adelaide and Hawthorn’s offers are five-year deals, and though likely north of $500,000 annually with the potential to “significantly” rise with the new CBA, they wouldn’t start at $700,000.
Good point.

There's stuff like that referring to $700k over 5, but I'm not sure where I saw $800k.

Contract security (4 years ) at $550K would have secured Ratagulea .....he was getting dropped regularly and would have been delisted

GEEL weren't fighting to keep him .....I don't care what the media state as his value .....no-one "officially" has released his value, it's all speculation
Geelong would have told every journalist who asked what Esava got.

It was a budding war with Hawthorn.

I think it was the right move. They desperately need a key forward to go with Georgiadis or they can't improve.

If they draft and then develop a key forward by the time they are any good their midfielders like Rozzee or Butters could be past their best and Alir and Wines retired.
wait til butters leaves - you wont be saying that

The irony is their list management strength is essentially the root cause of their inability to win finals.

Every team has a great top 6 players in their 22. But more often then not it's the bottom 6 that let your team down. Port have an exceptional top 6, but their bottom 6 are a liability, especially when the heat is turned up.

If the rumoured Luko numbers are accurate, that's not getting easier in the next 5 years IMO
i think you spot on

The idea with Lukosius was to even out his $1M a year contract (back ended), by extending the period ....there's no way I'm believing Port simply took the back ended value, and said we'll give you another 5 years on top at the same value

Not a chance !
:think:Unless.....unless there was another club bidding for his services...that was promising just below that....knowing he wouldn't go to them but just doing their best to stuff up the other teams list management/salary cap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back