Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:
We have tried plenty of times over the years. But there is a culture issue within the players of Sanfl clubs i believe which perhaps reduces the chances of success. Unlike the VFL system where as stated is a try before you by, it lures AFL hopefuls to stay and work with clubs. In the Sanfl it is often well known that many outstanding players leave for div 1 amateur, country footy once they have deemed their AFL careers will never happen. Why? dont have to train, play with friends, get paid 3 times the wage as a Sanfl player, get a job, and free accommodation, play other sports and can go out and have freedom.

You get a remarkably well paid job and so does your misso playing in the country

Sloane family are very happy in SA and their best mate/family live here too. Why not see if there’s something on offer from the club you’ve given almost half your life to?

If he has business sense he could be head of football at the club, position has been vacant a few years

So with peatling its down to us ,pies ,melb ? Saints and eagles are out

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Peatling would be mad to join MELB currently ....COLL is on the slide, CROWS on the up

Better than 50/50 if that's all the competition we have

Agree. Im not completely up with Stewarts story but did he go out Geelongs reserves team first before even being drafted?

Im sure we chase players all the time and for all we know, many of our chased players probably come out and play and train with our reserves team.

But again, its a huge decision for a 24yo to walk away from career paths, may have a young family, house payments and other responsibilities.

South Australia doesnt have the footballing population that Victoria has and all this kind of means the chances of finding a diamond is very low odds.
As someone posted ....look at who St Kilda got ....Wilkie, Sharman, and Hayes

Peatling would be mad to join MELB currently ....COLL is on the slide, CROWS on the up

Better than 50/50 if that's all the competition we have
He’d get game time in all three midfields, plus they both have the advantage of being sizeable VIC clubs

I sense we’re a solid chance, but I think any of those three + Dogs would be still well in the mix

I don’t see him cracking any other side except are team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just remember, he's just got the 45 games experience .....many of those as SUB or secondary roles .....judge his 2024 last 3rd of the season with that in mind

He’d get game time in all three midfields, plus they both have the advantage of being sizeable VIC clubs

I sense we’re a solid chance, but I think any of those three + Dogs would be still well in the mix
Peatling's not going to the WB ....unless he's related to Preuss

COLL are likely to get Perryman .....MELB, nah, everyone's leaving, and he's not going there ....his Manager would warn him off

COLL the only possibility, along with us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see him cracking any other side except are team

Must be some bad judges at plenty of AFL clubs list managements that have shown big interest in Peatling then?

Was the error that Peatling didn't get any votes?

Not sure

I was at the game for a mates bucks weekend, and although I was a bit marinated he killed it

Not sure how many possessions that he had but he was a clearance machine and stuck tackles

I was also surprised at - he’s a really smooth mover across the ground

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling's not going to the WB ....unless he's related to Preuss

COLL are likely to get Perryman .....MELB, nah, everyone's leaving, and he's not going there ....his Manager would warn him off

COLL the only possibility, along with us

Agree with this. Collingwood have more depth than us so him cracking the best 23 in a meaningful playing time way is going to be a lot more difficult. With us, he will be a best 22 player with midfield time.

I suspect this is what has kept us in the discussion and we may even be leading the charge.

Our Network should cover those remote leagues ....past players ect identifying prospects

Surely we can "mine" our own turf better than historically we have ......IIRC Tom Stewart was playing for Balwyn Heads & identified by past player (Scarlett)
Former Rebels don't forget where it all started..

Shano spoke to the boys before the Grand Final.....Looks fit enough to pull on the boots still.

Now an assistant at the Cats and involved in talent identification

Must be some bad judges at plenty of AFL clubs list managements that have shown big interest in Peatling then?
All I ever read here is gotta get a midfielder.

Here ya go - here’s a bloke that started in the guts for a top 4 finalist.

Nah not that midfielder though

Hahahahahaha

Just remember, he's just got the 45 games experience .....many of those as SUB or secondary roles .....judge his 2024 last 3rd of the season with that in mind

And the fact unless you are Murphy, players with another 40-50 games under their belt take their games to another level again.

Well, really he won’t crack the Doggies team there mid is good

Collingwood maybe but getting Perryman slides that down

Melbourne I wouldn’t wanna go there and he’ll be behind Viney, Trac, Oliver, etc

St Kilda and Eagles out of the race, I’m not saying we are gonna be the front runners but if he wants game time it’s us or he just at the giants

All I ever read here is gotta get a midfielder.

Here ya go - here’s a bloke that stared in the guts for a top 4 finalist.

Nah not that midfielder though

Hahahahahaha

Welcome to this board. Soon the rumours will be him going to Port for a 4th rounder and for half the contract we offered because Port.

Melbourne I wouldn’t wanna go there and he’ll be behind Viney, Trac, Oliver, etc

St Kilda and Eagles out of the race, I’m not saying we are gonna be the front runners but if he wants game time it’s us or he just at the giants

Don't believe all the media talk there will still be clubs making their pitch.

If we get Peatling, This is the kind of player i class as a win for Nicks and the club that I was trying to tell Jenny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back