Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:
Hardly.

It has only existed on this board.

Speaking on AFL Media’s Gettable, journalist Callum Twomey reported the plethora of clubs interested in acquiring the 24-year-old out.

“The Demons, the Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, St Kilda and West Coast have also been in the market for him,” Twomey revealed.

“There’s still a chance he stays… that one’s going to be a bit of a trade period shaper.”

It's an invention of BigFooty, and stand by for everyone to be upset when we don't get him.
The fact the crows are having a go is it least positive.

Harry McKay in Adelaide tonight đź‘€

Might have been a general enquiry .....if you watched Parfitt this year, he wasn't in the greatest shape .....maybe a lack of commitment was behind his delisting

In his current frame of mind ....a firm no for me

Parfitt seems to have had a big fall from grace between February this year and now:

https://nit.com.au/07-02-2024/9660/geelong-teammate-tips-parfitt-to-explode-in-2024
"7 Feb 2024 — Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield is predicting a big season from fellow midfielder Brandan Parfitt in 2024"
"Brandan Parfitt has had a fantastic pre-season, he looks really good running on top of the ground," Dangerfield told the Geelong Advertiser.

"His inside work, I feel like he is ready to really explode."

solid back-up.

The Power will secure Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius on a deal rival contender Adelaide believes is seven years at $1 million a season.

This is what Jon ralph is reporting.

I guess he's not a salary cap trade anymore

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

solid back-up.

The Power will secure Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius on a deal rival contender Adelaide believes is seven years at $1 million a season.

That is truly lol worthy if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

solid back-up.

No way they'd be paying that.

Big test for Nicks

The feel-goodery and matey stuff needs to end at some stage. It's one thing to repair the culture and it does need seem to be a happier place than when he started. However there's surely an appetite for some success now and some impatience creeping in.

Will he and his coaching staff be prepared to make hard, internally-unpopular calls?
He hasn't really shown that he has that in him at this stage. No delistings as yet this year when there are some obvious calls.

Also the fact that our senior players are still regularly getting games despite their form not warranting it.

To me from the outside, Nix appears to be too chummy with the players which is making it hard to make these tough calls that a ruthless club (and likely more successful) club would make.

solid back-up.

Nice to see us putting out estimates on what other clubs are paying players. Don't care if it's factual - helps drive the narrative that they are badly overpaying and we have been sensible in contrast.

Yeah probably doing exactly that. I wouldn’t have thought too many Melbourners holiday in Adelaide though. Definitely better places to take your missus for a getaway.

My post was tongue in cheek but I did see him in the city tonight
Could be coming to have chat with Houston... (ala Dawson/Sloane chatting with Pealting?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back