Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 27
  • Rumor of interest in Brandan Parfitt (link)
  • Unverified Twitter poster with zero track record suggests we are close to securing Brett Montgomery as a senior assistant coach (link)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about the futures of Hamish & Reid?

I haven't but I have a feeling at least one will be gone once the trade/draft is over. I have heard both Rowe and Bickley mention further off field changes will occur and that was after the conditioning staff changes.

So not based on anything, just gut feel.

What do you mean, frog?

I said if it’s true, it’s funny.

I don’t think you’re gotcha is a gotcha.

I’m open to others, though.
Not a gotcha.
But it’s funny you saying the reports yesterday wasn’t true and people shouldn’t believe in it, yet you’ll entertain this one as a possibility though.
Why not the same skepticism?

Not a gotcha.
But it’s funny you saying the reports yesterday wasn’t true and people shouldn’t believe in it, yet you’ll entertain this one as a possibility though.
Why not the same skepticism?
What is hard to understand? I said if it is true it is funny. Not making a determination either way.

On the other thing, it is logical to not believe the propaganda and b******t spewed by the corporate media, right? I mean, it would be unintelligent to do otherwise, no?

What is hard to understand? I said if it is true it is funny. Not making a determination either way.

On the other thing, it is logical to not believe the propaganda and b******t spewed by the corporate media, right? I mean, it would be unintelligent to do otherwise, no?
Not determining either way, but did yesterday?
Haven’t both reports come from the media?
I’m failing to see the difference other than one is a negative crows report and one is a negative port report.
I don’t watch or read the news.

solid back-up.

The Power will secure Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius on a deal rival contender Adelaide believes is seven years at $1 million a season.

This is what Jon ralph is reporting.

I guess he's not a salary cap trade anymore

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
At that price, Gold Coast should be the ones coughing up a first round pick. Port getting robbed.

Parfitt seems to have had a big fall from grace between February this year and now:

https://nit.com.au/07-02-2024/9660/geelong-teammate-tips-parfitt-to-explode-in-2024
"7 Feb 2024 — Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield is predicting a big season from fellow midfielder Brandan Parfitt in 2024"
"Brandan Parfitt has had a fantastic pre-season, he looks really good running on top of the ground," Dangerfield told the Geelong Advertiser.

"His inside work, I feel like he is ready to really explode."
Was he at the nightclub with Stengle

At that price, Gold Coast should be the ones coughing up a first round pick. Port getting robbed.

Port are robbing themselves - Now we know why they started the narrative Adelaide offered more.

7 years at $1m per season for a player that kicked 23 goals this year and was dropped

Add Rozee and JHF long term deals, plus Ratugolea on $800k for next for years - no wonder they have no depth.

It will be interesting to see how they retain Butters in two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god they didn't send Nicks

Nicks met Cumming when we played in Sydney, and again last week - that worked

Nicks is actually highly regarded in the industry for his ability to develop relationships with players - that’s why our retention rate of players has improved under Nicks and why so many young players have signed long term contracts.

Port are robbing themselves - Now we know why they started the narrative Adelaide offered more.

7 years at $1m per season for a player that kicked 23 goals this year and was dropped

Add Rozee and JHF long term deals, plus Ratugolea on $800k for next for years - no wonder they have no depth.

whately called it horrendous and a list killer... they were just desperate to get one up on us on rankine

Do you believe that report is accurate and how about the one we offered more?

I know its conservative to say '' this guy must have red flags '' but Parfitt is 26 and Geelong are letting him go?

If we do entertain the idea - which list spots make it difficult - then I hope we do our due diligence

People are rightly concerned over Oliver yet arent asking the same questions of Parfitt?

melb media get confused betweeen port and crows all the time

it was probably port that offered 7 years all along not us. we are very responsible and conservative.
We offered 10 years to Gulden, that’s not conservative

Nicks met Cumming when we played in Sydney, and again last week - that worked

Nicks is actually highly regarded in the industry for his ability to develop relationships with players - that’s why our retention rate of players has improved under Nicks and why so many young players have signed long term contracts.

There’s no place on this thread for you and your fancy facts.

I know its conservative to say '' this guy must have red flags '' but Parfitt is 26 and Geelong are letting him go?

If we do entertain the idea - which list spots make it difficult - then I hope we do our due diligence

People are rightly concerned over Oliver yet arent asking the same questions of Parfitt?
Oliver comes with massive cash concerns should he go wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back