Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 156 82.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mail from my source ;

Cumming - been into him for 2 years we’re close to front of queue for his signature

Tim English - words were “if Beveridge is coaching at the WBD next year, don’t be suprised if English is at West Lakes “ decent chance that happens
Kind of similar to how we targeted Dawson and Rankine for a while so those out of the blue "target" were more than likely us not being serious. We could finally see the end of Murphy and ROB.

Tim English - words were “if Beveridge is coaching at the WBD next year, don’t be suprised if English is at West Lakes “ decent chance that happens
He's going to see we've got Nicks and a part time ruck coach that we took out of the bargain bin and stick with Bevo.

I dunno - Geelong got their outrageous pick 7 Bowes gift for taking no risk at all, Brisbane did their shonky Daniher deal and then later variation, North got their ridiculous compo for Mackay. Other clubs get their lollies. We don’t.

Yep... My recollection is there was an article that the AFL vetoed a trade scenario to St Kilda that included a higher salary for Brad based on Crows taking another player purely for Saints salary relief. The likely outcome being a higher band compensation. Something of which they allowed the following year ie Suns/Cats. I can only imagine it was to stop the media drama and nothing to do with the actual trade per se.

Kind of similar to how we targeted Dawson and Rankine for a while so those out of the blue "target" were more than likely us not being serious. We could finally see the end of Murphy and ROB.
I think so yes.

It’s not new that Hamish was keen on drafting English but got overruled.
So I think there’s always been that desire

Freo have no need for him , WCE have numerous young rucks and sinking big $$ into a FA ruckman who’ll be retiring when they’re relevant again is not wise

We need to replace ROB, he’s been undroppable for how long? And we made the call this year finally bringing in Strachan

His time is up and with his studies a move to Vic is a matter of when

He's going to see we've got Nicks and a part time ruck coach that we took out of the bargain bin and stick with Bevo.
Nah, Bevo is a garbage coach who has wasted years of an extraordinary list. Was gifted a flag and thought that meant he was a genius.

Nicks is conservative, but at least you'll know what you get. Bevo is nuts.

Facebook rumour, grain of salt.

David Teague back to the Crows?

Facebook rumour, grain of salt.

David Teague back to the Crows?
Speaking to a Tiger supporter today who said he thinks Teague and Rutten will both move on at the end of the year. Apparently both on big bucks, He thinks Yze will be keen to bring in new coaches so they will need to get rid of both to free up the cap space.

Sadly, I can see us winning 4 of the last 6.

I don't care about the draft pick "loss", but pissed off at the wastes season and we start playing good Footy once expectation of making Finals is gone.

Like last year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide were in the top 8 round 16 last year.

It was a team that played excellent football for the most part, but found ways to lose.

Speaking to a Tiger supporter today who said he thinks Teague and Rutten will both move on at the end of the year. Apparently both on big bucks, He thinks Yze will be keen to bring in new coaches so they will need to get rid of both to free up the cap space.
Why would the current Richmond side have a cap issue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they have saved money with Hardwick leaving?
I'd expect Rutten and Teague would have taken decent deals to get over as both were former senior coaches.

I could only imagine it's a case of they were happy to pay the tax while they were contending and will cut back a bit to the threshold now they're not. It can also be a case of they want to restructure too and do things like invest more into development coaches, rather than having two guys who could realistically be 2IC at other clubs.

Maybe they're both on big contracts?

Wasn't there a rumur we chasing a couple of assistants last year who declined based on the money we offered?
No, they declined because Burns didn't want another coach with senior in his title.

Thank Christ for that. So obviously any interest we had has long gone and he saw the writing on the wall and jumped at a 2 year deal
Thank eff for that. Imean if we were able to get him for a second or two seconds then sure but anything more was stupid thinking. Thank god Melbourne didn't read the room and kick him last year when he was apparently worth a top ten pick then some

I was wrong and very happy to say so

I thought we would still sell the farm
Looks like the Dees have saved us from ourselves 2 years running...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back