Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Melbourne have the funds to sign up Petty because they've got a deal to get Oliver off their books?
With what he's shown this year, shouldn't require much funding.

I wonder whether we'd have another crack at Oliver. Get a proper pre season into him and there's no reason why he can't get back to his best.

With what he's shown this year, shouldn't require much funding.

I wonder whether we'd have another crack at Oliver. Get a proper pre season into him and there's no reason why he can't get back to his best.
LOL ....Petty doesn't deserve a Contract increase according to you, based on his 2024 output

Yet in the same breath you're advocating getting Oliver, who has been deplorable

Do you not see the double standards here .....Oliver playing his normal role & sucking big time .....Petty a natural DEF being played out of position up forward & in the ruck

It's akin to judging Tex Walker on his year, if he played Full Back

LOL ....Petty doesn't deserve a Contract increase according to you, based on his 2024 output

Yet in the same breath you're advocating getting Oliver, who has been deplorable

Do you not see the double standards here .....Oliver playing his normal role & sucking big time .....Petty a natural DEF being played out of position up forward & in the ruck

Oliver has shown to be 10x the player petty has ever been though.

Last edited:

Oliver has multiple years as an absolute champion of the game.

Petty hasn't proven anything in any role so far.

The overall loss is negligible. Upside is massive.

It would be a smart trade by Port.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Negligible? Butters is a top 10-15 player in the league. Phillipou isn’t yet - most likely will be - a top 10 player for the Saints
It would be a decent set back - and Phillipou personality matching up with JHF. Interesting times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Negligible? Butters is a top 10-15 player in the league. Phillipou isn’t yet - most likely will be - a top 10 player for the Saints
It would be a decent set back - and Phillipou personality matching up with JHF. Interesting times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can't ever recall seeing Mattaes sooking it up either on or off the field or giving away senseless frees because he's having a bad day?

I do not see the double standards here, one has a fantastic football resume, the other is Petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sappening

This is tough one.
  • Known/suspected drug issues
  • Form has been a long way off this season. More than i think an interrupted preseason can account for.
  • He's on a huge contact with a lot of years remaining.
  • Does his age (27) align with our list demographic and when we expect to be competing.
His best has been top 3 AFL midfielder but how confident are we that he can return to that and how much draft/trade capital do we offer up?

This is tough one.
  • Form has been a long way off this season. More than i think an interrupted preseason can account for.
  • Does his age (27) align with our list demographic and when we expect to be competing.
His best has been top 3 AFL midfielder but how confident are we that he can return to that and how much draft/trade capital do we offer up?

Imo, we are one or two a grade midfielders away from challenging, you can see our best is up there with the best in the comp.

This is tough one.
A lot of it would depend on how much salary we’d be paying him

One thing’s for sure, pick 5 should be off the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back