Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if “depth” players kick 5 and have 22 touches on the weekend
And Hinge has been an absolute revelation since joining us, even gone to another level this season.

Recruiting Clayton Oliver isn't an issue.

Allowing the incompetent Justin Reid negotiate the trade is. He will massively over pay and hand over a first round pick and expect a parade.

The issue is how much should we give up in terms of a trade. That's the relevant part.
So he ****ed up the Dawson and Rankine deals did he?

full

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they're most certainly not "depth"...
I'll concede "role player" is more appropriate than "depth", but lets not pretend that Keays wasn't everyone's favourite whipping boy along with Murphy, Ned etc only a few games back, and Hinge wasn't drop-worthy at the start of the year.

Murray plays at an All Australian level.

Hinge has the potential to be A member of the 40 man squad.

And key is a fantastic role player
They are all pretty good players.

Lack of quality mids remains our issue though. Need Soligo to become an A grader and a couple of others to step up.

I'll concede "role player" is more appropriate than "depth", but lets not pretend that Keays wasn't everyone's favourite whipping boy along with Murphy, Ned etc only a few games back, and Hinge wasn't drop-worthy at the start of the year.
Not everyone re Keays, in fact I'd say the people that respect Keays output far outweigh the noisy minority.

Re Hinge he was never "drop worthy "either.

They are all pretty good players.

Lack of quality mids remains our issue though. Need Soligo to become an A grader and a couple of others to step up.

We really need Dowling, Bond, Taylor, Curtin, Jones, Pedlar, Berry and Edwards to really step up and play consistent high quality AFL. Not just play a good game every couple of weeks. They need to product that high level form.

Here’s an idea. Instead of taking on a huge risk like Oliver, why don’t our recruiters actually do their job properly and find us a Durham or Newcombe, or even a Noble or D’Ambrosio, with minimal risk/salary/loss of draft picks?

Because if you throw an Oliver into the team, we are challenging for a top 4 almost immediatley imo.

Not everyone re Keays, in fact I'd say the people that respect Keays output far outweigh the noisy minority.

Re Hinge he was never "drop worthy "either.
Hinge's first few games he was a liability. Which is my point. We need to draft and recruit players who are going to be considered the best in their positions if we're going to actually win a flag, which neither Keays or Hinge are. Murray could be, but he's a long way off yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back