Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: English - that situation is reminding me a lot of Rankine in his contract year. All the talk was that he’d stay, with a few rumours of a deal from Essendon, only for the news that he wanted to come to us breaking in mid-to-late August

Now I’m not saying English will be a Crow, but if he did want to stay with the Dogs, surely it’s a bit weird that he hasn’t signed a deal yet? Doesn’t sound like WCE and English are overly convinced they’re the right party for each other, either

Tim English im on the fence with, great player but I feel like salary should be used elsewhere. I’d offer next years first round pick for Oliver, I think this years pick should be untouchable.

I don’t know if you’d be able to restructure any contracts….
It's hard to know where our salary cap really is at.
Is ROB on 600? Trading him and getting English in only costs 350-400 more than baseline.
Melbourne takes a third of Oliver's salary. We pay him 700.

Sloane off books. Was his 450? Potentially.
Berry traded as part of this? Maybe 350?
McHenry was probably on a decent contract when we had no one 350?

Maybe there is a war chest and legit can get multiple players in.

Re: English - that situation is reminding me a lot of Rankine in his contract year. All the talk was that he’d stay, with a few rumours of a deal from Essendon, only for the news that he wanted to come to us breaking in mid-to-late August

Now I’m not saying English will be a Crow, but if he did want to stay with the Dogs, surely it’s a bit weird that he hasn’t signed a deal yet? Doesn’t sound like WCE and English are overly convinced they’re the right party for each other, either
He's been linked to us hasn't he?

Not exactly a massive exciting rumour but have been told Hamill is keen to go back to Vic if he gets an offer. Was delisted and rookied last year as the club didn't expect Sloane to play on. Playing some good footy this year prior to injury but due to us delisting him he is now a UFA every time he's out of contract which would make him more appealing to other clubs I'm sure. This info was from end of last year so could've changed after his run of games this year

Which begs the question why we didn’t delist and rookie Sloane. This was mentioned last year too, so not hindsight.

I do wonder just how much Thilthorpe doing a knee just before the start of the season rocked the group in hindsight.

After all, uber talented kid who's clearly put the work in (and was expected to be the breakout player) does a knee on the eve to the season. That's got to rock a young groups confidence, especially as TT provides a point of difference over Tex/Fogarty in terms of his height.

Especially as a breakout Thilthorpe is the kind of player who could underpin a ball movement game.
You could see how they responded to him when he came back.

I do wonder just how much Thilthorpe doing a knee just before the start of the season rocked the group in hindsight.

After all, uber talented kid who's clearly put the work in (and was expected to be the breakout player) does a knee on the eve to the season. That's got to rock a young groups confidence, especially as TT provides a point of difference over Tex/Fogarty in terms of his height.

Especially as a breakout Thilthorpe is the kind of player who could underpin a ball movement game.
1 Injured player was not the reason why Nicks decided to change to a defensive game plan over preseason... particularly as the injury was just before the season began

Hot off the press rumours........
Rob has told his manager to explore clubs in Victoria for next season as he asks for a trade, speculation that Essendon and Bulldogs are the clubs most keen, watch for Draper to comeback our way if Essendon is the club.....
Ned Moyle will be a crow next year as our number one ruckman....
Rachele and zac Taylor being looked at by Melbourne clubs.....
So Moyle wasn't true.
ROB still have suitors? He came out in the media and said he was going nowhere?
Rachele surely not, signed until 2029.
Taylor. Maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember at the start of the year someone was on here saying he was coming to us and that the poster had form.

Short memories. Oliver has a drug problem.

Players of his talent don’t have seasons like he’s having if there isn’t something seriously wrong.
How many players with basically zero pre season come out and have a good season? Goes hand in hand really.

I have no idea how he's going off the field but assuming he is on the right track (having played every game this year I'd like to hope indicates he is), I don't see why he can't return to his best with a proper pre season under his belt.

Also, people are talking like he hasn't done anything on the field in two years. Oliver was averaging 33 touches, 5 marks, 5.6 tackles after his first 10 games last season before he did his hamstring and didn't return for 3 months.

I tend to think people on this board tend to miss the point on taking risks.

Not every risk taken leads to a premiership, but premierships aren't generally won without risk.

You should judge decisions on the information available at the time, not what occurs after. A risk can not pan out, and yet still have been worth it

Carey didn't lead to a premiership, but we weren't wrong to pursue one.

Staying safe, not taking risk, is a low percentage of going bad, but also won't lead to the promised land.

How many players with basically zero pre season come out and have a good season? Goes hand in hand really.

I have no idea how he's going off the field but assuming he is on the right track (having played every game this year I'd like to hope indicates he is), I don't see why he can't return to his best with a proper pre season under his belt.

Also, people are talking like he hasn't done anything on the field in two years. Oliver was averaging 33 touches, 5 marks, 5.6 tackles after his first 10 games last season before he did his hamstring and didn't return for 3 months.
Early last year I had him as the best player in the league.
If he could get his head screwed on by moving back with Burgo no reason why he couldn't get back to his best. It wasn't that long ago.

Early last year I had him as the best player in the league.
If he could get his head screwed on by moving back with Burgo no reason why he couldn't get back to his best. It wasn't that long ago.
My favourite bit of mental gymnastics by someone not wanting Oliver was that apparently he is no better than Crouch. Bahahaha

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I tend to think people on this board tend to miss the point on taking risks.

Not every risk taken leads to a premiership, but premierships aren't generally won without risk.

You should judge decisions on the information available at the time, not what occurs after. A risk can not pan out, and yet still have been worth it

Carey didn't lead to a premiership, but we weren't wrong to pursue one.

Staying safe, not taking risk, is a low percentage of going bad, but also won't lead to the promised land.
Spot on, exactly why I've never complained about the Gibbs deal. Didn't pay off but I'd rather take that gamble to get that little further than sit on our hands and protect our precious draft picks.

The Irish are crazy, but there is some elite running here, if we need a wingman, I'd be sniffing around some of these lads.

I don't get the rules.

So you can kinda tackle people, but not really cos they just let go rather than actually stopping them.
Also you can run with the ball in one hand, but also not really, cos you have to balance it on your stick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back