Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. 119 is a Harshad number, meaning it is divisible by the sum of its digits (1+1+9=11), and it is the smallest number that can be expressed as the sum of three distinct cubes in two different ways: 2³ + 3³ + 6³ and 1³ + 4³ + 6³.

2. Port is really sh!t.

2 sounds better.

Nah, Gollant has a point of difference worth persisting with. Particularly a forward line of TT, Gollant and Fog would be a real mixed bag.

Personally prefer the thought of TT, Fog & Welsh.

I'm happy to give Gollant another year though but I haven't liked what I've seen at AFL level so far. Kid is young though.

you can loosely translate this comment to…

“Whaaaaa… i’m gonna throw my bum in the corner and sook.. then come back and make a pest of myself..”

Seriously.. I dont know why some people bother spending their time on here if what other people write gets them so worked up. They do realise its a public opinion based forum right?..
Agreed mate. Tell George though as he is the one all worked up in a hissy fit and putting me on a (very hurtful indeed) ignore status

1. 119 is a Harshad number, meaning it is divisible by the sum of its digits (1+1+9=11), and it is the smallest number that can be expressed as the sum of three distinct cubes in two different ways: 2³ + 3³ + 6³ and 1³ + 4³ + 6³.

2. Port is really sh!t.
That’s some pretty impressive math knowledge but…how is the SUM of the 3 digits (1+1+9=11) able to be divisible in whole numbers to 119? What are my glasses of Pinot Noir making me miss here?

The Grundy trade from Collingwood to Melbourne is a precedent with regards to Oliver. Grundy was 28 years old with 5 years of his contract left. Oliver will be 27 years old with 6 years of his contract left. Melbourne gave up pick 27. Based on that, somewhere at the end of the 1st round or beginning of the 2nd seems about right. Our 1st pick this year should be completely off limits. We will need that and Oliver to boost our midfield.

PS. Would be bloody excited to add Oliver and the best midfielder we can pick with pick 5 to our squad!

Grundy was surplus, Oliver is not. Its no precedent.

Don't know much about him.70 odd games in 8 years at GWS. :think: I suppose he was in Gooch's draft, and he is still playing. Thats a plus. Also UF/A.

Was stuck in the twos early days behind Whitfield and Shaw. Got his opportunity and played well, now they have Ash/Whifield/Himmelberg as distrubtors and he's been shifted to a wing. Has also been injured with soft tissue injuries all year.

Port supporters keep saying Houston is worth two first round picks. They are dreaming. He is a really good player but with only a couple of good years left in him I don't think he has that much value.
I mean I could see say the premier using their 1st rounder on him which would get pushed to 22 as he is a good player but in this draft you'd probably struggle to get many takers

That’s some pretty impressive math knowledge but…how is the SUM of the 3 digits (1+1+9=11) able to be divisible in whole numbers to 119? What are my glasses of Pinot Noir making me miss here?
[/QUOTE

It’s not correct in base ten neither is his other premise
It is a Harshad number in base 12

Everyone is far too risk averse. Oliver is quality and we should be doing everything reasonably in our power to obtain him.

It makes no sense for Melbourne to let him go unless he is a complete lost cause at AFL level in which case we wouldn't want him.

They don't need the cap space and their premiership window is fast closing. Their best bet is for Oliver to have a full pre season and try and snatch a premierahip while guys like Gawn, May and Petracca are at their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes no sense for Melbourne to let him go unless he is a complete lost cause at AFL level in which case we wouldn't want him.

They don't need the cap space and their premiership window is fast closing. Their best bet is for Oliver to have a full pre season and try and snatch a premierahip while guys like Gawn, May and Petracca are at their best.
What they need is a change of coach IMO.

They've got too many good players playing poorly for some reason.

[/QUOTE
It’s not correct in base ten neither is his other premise
It is a Harshad number in base 12
w-pinterest-com-pin-515802963548030387-e-jpg.1048006

I’m no mathematician but looked up properties of 119 and was misled. You’re right it isn’t a Harshad number like 117 (1+1+7=9) and 120 (1+2+0=2).
119 is apparently a totient number but the explanation for that is above my pay grade.

Apsaalooke said:

2. Port is really sh!t.

I’m no mathematician but looked up properties of 119 and was misled. You’re right it isn’t a Harshad number like 117 (1+1+7=9) and 120 (1+2+0=2).
119 is apparently a totient number but the explanation for that is above my pay grade.

Stabby? Care to posit an opinion on any of these assertions?

My knowledge only extends to option '2.' My understanding is that that is correct! :tearsofjoy:

1721832744671.png

I'm in NSW on biz, 12.40 here, time for bed. Longer reply tomorrow.
BUT
if you like to play with numbers:
--- the factors of 6 (1, 2, 3) add up to ...6.
--- the factors of 28 (1,2,4,7,14) add up to ... 28.
I believe the Jim Parsons character (Sheldon Cooper, BIG BANG THEORY) said his fave number was 28, for that reason.
I'm pretty sure that he called it a "Perfect Number" (personally, I like Prime numbers. When I adjust the volume on my TV it's always to a Prime number, mostly 17 or 19 or 23 :rolleyesv1:).
I did notice this, though:
1 + 2+ 0 = 3 ..? :confusedv1:

Port supporters keep saying Houston is worth two first round picks. They are dreaming. He is a really good player but with only a couple of good years left in him I don't think he has that much value.
No coincidence all these rumours (Houston Butters Oliver etc) are popping up now the u18 champs are over and the quality of the crop has been confirmed. Clubs will be talking about how they can offload their problematic and/or ageing players to get picks/more picks in the top 25.

Unless we’re getting Harley Reid, we need to drown out the noise and take our 1st pick to draft day

2. Port is really sh!t.
Am I missing a joke in point one somewhere? My year 5 maths from 45 years ago tells me 119 is not divisible by 11 and 6cubed is 216...

There is risk and there is risk, 5.5m on the books for 5 years for a guy who had a drug problem and dodgy shoulders.
Numbers are much higher even I believe, 10m for 6/7 years is what’s widely quoted in media (perhaps that’s including the scheduled salary cap uplift) but either way getting this risky call wrong will make Carey and Gibbs deals seem inconsequential in comparison

Ahh, of course that explains it then. It’s only a totient number rather than Harshad number (no wonder I dropped advanced maths for Economics and Accg in year 12 haha)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back