Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2 first rounders is dreaming but i can see a 12-16 type pick being worth it. AA last year and another strong year this year. Contracted for another 3-4 years. Probably has 5 decent years left in him. Seeing him live vs GC 2 weeks ago his movement and kicking are both elite. Personally if Crows were a contending team, Houstons likely target, I would be happy giving up a mid teen pick

Not sure how 'barndoor' Treloar at 900k could possibly be deemed a better proposition than Houston. No wonder Pies dumped him at that price and are paying 300k of the salary IIRC

and re Dunkley, stripping out meaningless draft picks (third and fourth round), Bullies got pick 21, a future first and a future second. Not shabby at all

The Demons would need to part with a first-round selection at minimum for Houston, who is putting together another strong season, averaging 23.2 disposals at better than 80 per cent kicking efficiency.

He has averaged at least 23 touches in each of the past three years, and was named at half-back in the 2023 All-Australian team.
TBF to Treloar, I believe the first years of his contract he was being paid under.

Then had a pretty bad hamstring injury. Then when the time came to balance up his contract he got turfed

haha true (but I was trying to make it a happy story here Froggy :) ). Anyway, I did the manly thing on the day and went to the bar for most of the last quarter (but did go and watch the presentations and must say Tiger fans to their great credit were almost without exception very respectful and even empathetic ('bad luck mate, you guys had a great year and sure you will be back again next year' type thing - well they got it half right!)

Enviable Tradition - were you at the 2007 game mate? From memory Power started quite strongly in the first 15 mins or so (like Crows in 17) before Cats just steamrolled in the end. And from memory Power also kicked the last goal or 2 of the game so margin could have actually been worse....
I was there to see a flag this millennium in 04.

Missed in 07 unfortunately.

View attachment 2057910

I'm in NSW on biz, 12.40 here, time for bed. Longer reply tomorrow.
BUT
if you like to play with numbers:
--- the factors of 6 (1, 2, 3) add up to ...6.
--- the factors of 28 (1,2,4,7,14) add up to ... 28.
I believe the Jim Parsons character (Sheldon Cooper, BIG BANG THEORY) said his fave number was 28, for that reason.
I'm pretty sure that he called it a "Perfect Number" (personally, I like Prime numbers. When I adjust the volume on my TV it's always to a Prime number, mostly 17 or 19 or 23 :rolleyesv1:).
I did notice this, though:

1 + 2+ 0 = 3 ..? :confusedv1:
Yep it was late, must be the hidden Port in me

The examples you gave are true, but we could also argue that the development for each of those has been very slow. All of them have taken a lot of time to reach a remotely reasonable level.
Meanwhile, you could also argue that none have really reached elite levels.

I don’t think you could argue the time for Butts and Murray - both were in and performing solidly early. Perhaps ceiling - but I would argue Murray has shown signs of being elite already, obviously dependent on health going forward

And even Worrell after some injuries was becoming a first choice player after only 3 years on the list.
Fog took time - but is looking elite now

Borlase was only ever going to be a fringe player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They're kidding themselves, surely whoever is saying that is taking the piss..

Look at the value that Dunkley and Treloar were traded for and both of those players are infinitely better than Houston.

I would put Houston's worth as a late first rounder at best maybe with a 2nd rounder going back to the club that is trading for him.

I'd guess that Port are wanting to move Houston on to free up some cap space and to get themselves back in the draft, At the end of the day if Port are happy to move him on there's no way his value would be anything close to 2 first rounders.

I don't even know why Port would consider trading him. He's one of their best players and the return wouldn't match that value given his age.

2 first rounders is dreaming but i can see a 12-16 type pick being worth it. AA last year and another strong year this year. Contracted for another 3-4 years. Probably has 5 decent years left in him. Seeing him live vs GC 2 weeks ago his movement and kicking are both elite. Personally if Crows were a contending team, Houstons likely target, I would be happy giving up a mid teen pick

Not sure how 'barndoor' Treloar at 900k could possibly be deemed a better proposition than Houston. No wonder Pies dumped him at that price and are paying 300k of the salary IIRC

and re Dunkley, stripping out meaningless draft picks (third and fourth round), Bullies got pick 21, a future first and a future second. Not shabby at all

The Demons would need to part with a first-round selection at minimum for Houston, who is putting together another strong season, averaging 23.2 disposals at better than 80 per cent kicking efficiency.

He has averaged at least 23 touches in each of the past three years, and was named at half-back in the 2023 All-Australian team.
Yeah, I'd have his worth at around pick 10-12. Lethal kick of the football but does have his lapses defensively.

Pretty sure I got the point.

I replied to a post related to whether Gollant should be retained or not. The poster said they preferred a forward line of TT, Fog and Welsh.

The point of my post is that the forward line of TT, Fog and Welsh is at least 2-3 years away. Thereby inferring we will need Gollant around during that period.

Your sarcastic / knobbish response was making the same point I made.

I replied to a post related to whether Gollant should be retained or not. The poster said they preferred a forward line of TT, Fog and Welsh.

The point of my post is that the forward line of TT, Fog and Welsh is at least 2-3 years away. Thereby inferring we will need Gollant around during that period.

Your sarcastic / knobbish response was making the same point I made.
He was agreeing with you!

Petty re-signing definitely adds to the viability of the Clarry rumour imo. Could be completely unrelated, but agree that our position on Petty has clearly changed (hence his re-signing).
It could be simply we watched his games this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even know why Port would consider trading him. He's one of their best players and the return wouldn't match that value given his age.
Probably want a top 5 pick so they can get ahead of us for Draper

Apsaalooke said:
1. 119 is a Harshad number, meaning it is divisible by the sum of its digits (1+1+9=11), and it is the smallest number that can be expressed as the sum of three distinct cubes in two different ways: 2³ + 3³ + 6³ and 1³ + 4³ + 6³.

2. Port is really sh!t.

I’m no mathematician but looked up properties of 119 and was misled. You’re right it isn’t a Harshad number like 117 (1+1+7=9) and 120 (1+2+0=2).
119 is apparently a totient number but the explanation for that is above my pay grade.

Stabby? Care to posit an opinion on any of these assertions?

My knowledge only extends to option '2.' My understanding is that that is correct! :tearsofjoy:
Regardless of variables or permutations, 119 in THIS instance, represents the sum total of the end product of the really big ****ing shellacking of Port Power in the biggest AFL grand final loss in history by the Geelong Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back