Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's one way of saying you are wrong.

Critical of someone and then when presented with indisputable facts you say that it was what you had wanted.

This circle jerk ensures you are always right. Great job
Nope. I stand by my views on his performances prior to last week. They have been poor IMO. He went a long way to restoring my faith though against Geelong. He needs to keep it up. It’s really that simple. I will continue to call it how I see it. Apologies if you don’t like it.

Also, why would I not want him to play better footy?

He simply wasn’t a regular best 22 in his early years so didn’t play much
They show his other VFL games but none played in his early years so thought he was injured (don't think DFS show NEAFL games data so it make sense).

Last edited:
I thought clubs can't approach player officially during the season.
A visit from a senior coach and fitness manager seems to breach this....unless they're all just playing golf :think:

(I did witness this exact scenario many years ago in Geelong when the coach (blight), captain (Budda) and recruitment manager (S. Wells) played a game of golf with a high profile oppo player. It didn't work, player went elsewhere.) I can't remember if it was in season though.

Well they clearly can - Mitchell flew to Perth last week to talk to Barass. It was highlighted on various media

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They show his other VFL games but none played in his early years so thought he was injured (don't think DFS show NEAFL games data so it make sense).

I’m guessing that doesn’t cover the old neafl comp?

I don’t have his stats to hand for that comp but he was our ressies band one of the years so must have played a lot

Last edited:
A lot of the chatter in here reminds me of how this board initially valued Rankine.

I agree pick 4 is off the table but we should expect to have a discussion about a F1.

Luko like Rankine could flourish coming home.

Rankine was vastly underrated by many on this board because people expect young players to be the complete package too early - generally comparing them to the comps established stars.
Luko hasn’t shown the same special moments that Rankine did but would be a walk up start in our team and in the right age bracket.
As long as it’s not pick 4 - pay what we need to pay

Last edited:
Rankine was vastly underrated by many on this board because people expect young layers to be the complete package too early - generally comparing them to the comps established stars.
Luko hasn’t shown the same special moments that Rankine did but would be a walk up start in our team and it he right age bracket.

I guess it depends on the clubs priority. The priority is midfield talent. The club has not really attacked this position in drafting and trading for a long time. It shows. The club has no choice now but to throw everything we have at luring a mid. Drafting i think is too far removed from our current needs as they will take a few years to hit the level we want.

So Luko not being a priority im not sure how to get him.

Damn I tell you what. If we give pick 4 for Luko and Draper is still available then, I’ll be pissed. Haven’t been this excited for a recruit in a while, but I have doubts he even drops to 4.

Luko would be an awesome pickup. But jeeeez play some hard ball for once crows and get a good deal done.

Forget where Luko went in the draft. Do you still want him? I would be paying very little considering the wage he will come with.

I want a Bowes deal.
Luko, based on Hardwick's presser comments about needing a harder edge .....I'm sure GC will look favourably on a trade for Luko

He's not worth anymore than a late 2nd round, early 3rd round .....let's see how far I'm off

Soft as butter, and for a tall, that's poison ......classic downhill skier ....classic player who will disappear under Finals pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine was vastly underrated by many on this board because people expect young layers to be the complete package too early - generally comparing them to the comps established stars.
Luko hasn’t shown the same special moments that Rankine did but would be a walk up start in our team and it he right age bracket.

No Please No.gif

I just do not see Luko win ANY contests when it matters.

I never see him outwork ANYONE.

I never see him dominate ANYONE - ever.

Ok to add him to the squad, but don't pay for him like he's Blighty 2.0
Blighty?

I just do not see Luko win ANY contests when it matters.

I never see him outwork ANYONE.

I never see him dominate ANYONE - ever.

Ok to add him to the squad, but don't pay for him like he's Blighty 2.0

Thats a round about way of saying you have never seen him play.

Do you watch Crows games?

Rd 12, 2023 - 16 disposals, 3 contested marks, kicks 5.1 and gets a Brownlow vote in a win of the over the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back