Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko also prefers to play forward. We already have Thilthorpe, Fogarty and eventually Welsh.

You banking on a 17 year old Welsh to come in and make an impact immediately?

We can easily have a future forward line that revolves around Thilthorpe, FOG, Luko and Welsh.

Look at 2017 and go like for like - TT = Jenkins, FOG = Walker, Luko = Lynch and then young Welsh can play the McGovern/Otten forward role.

You banking on a 17 year old Welsh to come in and make an impact immediately?

We can easily have a future forward line that revolves around Thilthorpe, FOG, Luko and Welsh.

Look at 2017 and go like for like - TT = Jenkins, FOG = Walker, Luko = Lynch and then young Welsh can play the McGovern/Otten forward role.

That only worked when McGovern was playing

Its this whole luko rumour going on because someone so apparently saw Nicks on a plane to gc and just guessed?.. seems like a nothing burger to me.

The rumour comes because he is a highly touted South Australian player that the national media are reporting as "gettable".

He signed a big extension in 2022 tying him to Gold Coast until 2026, but that was obviously under Stuey Dew. Dew played him up forward last year and he kicked 39 goals (top 20 in the AFL) and was 6th in the Suns B&F last year.

Then Hardwick comes in. Plays him up forward in round 0 where he kicks 3 goals against Richmond. Then plays him up forward in terrible conditions against us (One player above 190cm kicked a goal in that game and it was midfielder Anderson).

Then round 3 Hardwick moves him to half back for a good 5-6 weeks. Struggles there. Then moves up forward and kicks 17 goals over a 9 week period before being unsighted these past two weeks.

Its interesting - have a look at Rankine's 2023 compared to Luko's 2023. Rankine was 4th in our best and fairest and I think everyone agrees he was a massive addition to our side.

Luko kicked more goals, had more goal assists and more inside 50's than Rankine did in 2023. And this is a player that people are saying the most they would give is a late 2nd rounder and even then he wouldn't play well in finals (what absolute rubbish).

I do remember driving in the car with someone about 3 years ago who is family friends with Luko saying he would want to come back to SA most preferably Crom when he can.
I can’t remember who the person was or much more detail except we were on on north east road hahaha

The rumour comes because he is a highly touted South Australian player that the national media are reporting as "gettable".

He signed a big extension in 2022 tying him to Gold Coast until 2026, but that was obviously under Stuey Dew. Dew played him up forward last year and he kicked 39 goals (top 20 in the AFL) and was 6th in the Suns B&F last year.

Then Hardwick comes in. Plays him up forward in round 0 where he kicks 3 goals against Richmond. Then plays him up forward in terrible conditions against us (One player above 190cm kicked a goal in that game and it was midfielder Anderson).

Then round 3 Hardwick moves him to half back for a good 5-6 weeks. Struggles there. Then moves up forward and kicks 17 goals over a 9 week period before being unsighted these past two weeks.

Its interesting - have a look at Rankine's 2023 compared to Luko's 2023. Rankine was 4th in our best and fairest and I think everyone agrees he was a massive addition to our side.

Luko kicked more goals, had more goal assists and more inside 50's than Rankine did in 2023. And this is a player that people are saying the most they would give is a late 2nd rounder and even then he wouldn't play well in finals (what absolute rubbish).
Would love to have him, at the right price.

Even if he is never more than an oversized flanker with a beautiful kick, that is a useful player.

I do remember driving in the car with someone about 3 years ago who is family friends with Luko saying he would want to come back to SA most preferably Crom when he can.
I can’t remember who the person was or much more detail except we were on on north east road hahaha
We can pretty much take that to the bank then!

The rumour comes from the media; key point at the end which is good news.

“Jack Lukosius’ future at Gold Coast does really feel like it’s a bit up in the air at the moment,” Clark began on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“He’s one to watch, it’s a bit tied up in the Richmond situation, we’ve talked about the Tigers and some of the players exploring moves and the unprecedented bundle of picks they might take to this year’s draft,” he said.

Clark said Lukosius’ future would be even more unclear if the Suns acquired Tigers line-breaker Daniel Rioli.

“If Daniel Rioli goes north to join forces with Damien Hardwick at the Suns, does that squeeze out Jack Lukosius, or does it make his future a little bit uncertain?” he said.

“There’s a bit of talk around the traps that the Suns could look at a move to bring in Rioli and maybe Lukosius is on the way out.
“The problem is, where is Jack Lukosius as a footballer?”

Lukosius has been continuously linked to a move back to South Australia since he was taken with pick 2 in the 2018 draft.

He has played a total of 115 matches, spending time in all thirds of the ground as the Suns try to find his best position.

At the time of writing, Adelaide has picks 4 and 27 at the national draft, but the panel believed the Crows would rather keep those picks then trade them for Lukosius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a down Hill skier of the highest order. Hence why a premiership coach doesn’t rate him.

The rumour comes from the media; key point at the end which is good news.

“Jack Lukosius’ future at Gold Coast does really feel like it’s a bit up in the air at the moment,” Clark began on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“He’s one to watch, it’s a bit tied up in the Richmond situation, we’ve talked about the Tigers and some of the players exploring moves and the unprecedented bundle of picks they might take to this year’s draft,” he said.

Clark said Lukosius’ future would be even more unclear if the Suns acquired Tigers line-breaker Daniel Rioli.

“If Daniel Rioli goes north to join forces with Damien Hardwick at the Suns, does that squeeze out Jack Lukosius, or does it make his future a little bit uncertain?” he said.

“There’s a bit of talk around the traps that the Suns could look at a move to bring in Rioli and maybe Lukosius is on the way out.
“The problem is, where is Jack Lukosius as a footballer?”

Lukosius has been continuously linked to a move back to South Australia since he was taken with pick 2 in the 2018 draft.

He has played a total of 115 matches, spending time in all thirds of the ground as the Suns try to find his best position.

At the time of writing, Adelaide has picks 4 and 27 at the national draft, but the panel believed the Crows would rather keep those picks then trade them for Lukosius.

Yep, most of the panel didn't think he was even currently worth Pick 27 at this stage, particularly with the quality of this draft.

IMO his only hope is to develop into a Tom Lynch type player. He doesn't have the frame to be a key defender, we're flush for 3rd talls, up both ends of the ground, particularly with Welsh coming in...

Yep, most of the panel didn't think he was even currently worth Pick 27 at this stage, particularly with the quality of this draft.

IMO his only hope is to develop into a Tom Lynch type player. He doesn't have the frame to be a key defender, we're flush for 3rd talls, up both ends of the ground, particularly with Welsh coming in...
He need to get on the Thilthorpe strength program with Burgess.

He need to get on the Thilthorpe strength program with Burgess.

I think he just came into the AFL system drinking his own bath water.

This guy has had Rowell, Flanders, Miller and Anderson sending the pill his way, and has a career average of 0.7 goals a game, extending that to 1.1 this season...

You'd take Luko, as long as it didn't cost our first this year which we must convert to a gun midfielder. I've always thought of him in the Justin Westhoff mould. He's a utility with smarts, a beautiful kick, can run all day and is a good size. I think he'll only get better with age and be one of those players you'd let sum up the situation of the game and let him put himself in a position to influence.

We have Thilthorpe as the power forward we build a forward line around. We have Fogarty who has become consistent and with Thilthorpe, forms an excellent duo. Welsh would be a few years away if he turns out well and Walker is almost done. Lukosius would work well with Thilthorpe, Fogarty and even Welsh IMO. A point of difference.

I think he just came into the AFL system drinking his own bath water.

This guy has had Rowell, Flanders, Miller and Anderson sending the pill his way, and has a career average of 0.7 goals a game, extending that to 1.1 this season...
Quoting his career average of goals as a detractor is a bit unreasonable for a player who has conservatively spent 80 of his 115 games on the HBF.

He’s a down Hill skier of the highest order. Hence why a premiership coach doesn’t rate him.
TBH most key forwards struggle under Hardwick if they are not elite contested marks.

It's the scrappy, **** ugly gameplan he employs. It's effective but it's more the smalls who cash in on the ground balls.

There's a reason Chol has twice gotten out from under him.

Thats a round about way of saying you have never seen him play.

Do you watch Crows games?

Rd 12, 2023 - 16 disposals, 3 contested marks, kicks 5.1 and gets a Brownlow vote in a win of the over the Crows.

No, read my post again …

Kicks 5 goals in a game we get owned in - go back and look at those goals, I bet they fit his normal pattern.

When it matters is kinda key.

I watch A LOT of football, and have done for about 40 years.

I doubt anyone watches Luko and thinks “that’s what we need right now”. Not saying he wouldn’t be a useful upgrade to some if the spuds were have in our squad … but he isn’t the type of player we should be targeting with our available cash/picks. Imo.

Houston more than likely gone. Very astute from Port if they get Perryman (likely too). Watch them manoeuvre past us in the draft while we sit on our hands. You know it will happen.
They won’t get ahead of us and they don’t need mids imo.
Cal Twomey dropped yesterday very emphatic late that Houston will play for Melbourne next year for Melbs 7
and then intimated that could be used to get both Perryman and Cummings.

Normally good mail.

No, read my post again …

Kicks 5 goals in a game we get owned in - go back and look at those goals, I bet they fit his normal pattern.

When it matters is kinda key.

I watch A LOT of football, and have done for about 40 years.

I doubt anyone watches Luko and thinks “that’s what we need right now”. Not saying he wouldn’t be a useful upgrade to some if the spuds were have in our squad … but he isn’t the type of player we should be targeting with our available cash/picks. Imo.

I read it. And then I read it again. Its still as stupid as it was the first time I read it.

You said he had NEVER dominated an opponent. I would say that kicking 5+ goals on four separate occasions in the past 2 years qualifies as that.

How do we not need him? The only player that has kicked more goals than he did in 2023 since 2018 will be 35 to start next season.

I just can't fathom that anyone with a brain can say that Luko does not improve us. We haven't made the finals since 2017 and have spuds like Murphy playing 22 games. JFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back