Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't Port trading an incoming Pick 7 for WCE's pick 3 to get Draper be entirely dependant on a) how much the Crows want him, and b) how married WC are to selecting Draper themselves? Because:
b) If West Coast want him, they won't entertain a trade, and a) if they're open to trading it, and the Crows desperately want him, our pick 4 is better than Port's pick 7, so we'd be the better trade partner. The only way he should get to Port is if we don't want him

Right now we have an excess of players that can play as an inside mids. So, we should be looking to trade one of them out.
If we keep Berry, we should trade Laird or Crouch. Whilst neither will attract a top end pick, both will at least offer some return.
We could look at multiple positions and make the same decisions.
How do you propose that works if the players don’t want to be traded?

That's a bit hard given he's been driven off by the posters who kept giving him a hard time for seeing things different to them.
I'm happy to say our KPP development has been quite decent over the journey.
Midfielders, quite the opposite.

RT coming along nicely.
Fog coming into his own this year, looking like a star rather than a one dimensional fwd.
The backs are always underrated. I'm not fully sold on butts/murray but theyre developing.

Any word on Tex's future?

I have to admit. For the first time i'm genuinely ok with him not getting another 1 year contract. I wouldn't burn the club down if he did, but I also feel like he's starting to show signs that the cliff is approaching.

As much as i'd love him as a 1 club legend, and 300 gamer. I'd hate to see him go 1 year too long in the tri-stripe.
I mean this in the most respectable way possible - I feel like he’s starting to get into the category of ‘senior player that think he’s better than his performance shows’

The fact we’re still seeing grumpy old man Tex at times (ie getting pissed at younger players when not being given the ball) despite clearly having lost a step makes a part of me think we need to move past him

Then again, with Sharman re-signing, there’s not many 3rd tall forwards on the market I’d be comfortable replacing him with. Unless the Luko stuff happens, I guess

Wouldn't Port trading an incoming Pick 7 for WCE's pick 3 to get Draper be entirely dependant on a) how much the Crows want him, and b) how married WC are to selecting Draper themselves? Because:
b) If West Coast want him, they won't entertain a trade, and a) if they're open to trading it, and the Crows desperately want him, our pick 4 is better than Port's pick 7, so we'd be the better trade partner. The only way he should get to Port is if we don't want him
Of course. All I am saying is watch this space as I expect Port to TRY to make a play for him if Houston leaves

Would signal a rebuild to me if Port traded Houston

Contending teams don't trade contracted 27 year olds in their prime, especially if they are among their best players

Houston would be a huge loss for them if he was to leave. I like Perryman as a player, but the amount of years he would sign for Port plus contract would be big and risky.

I read it. And then I read it again. Its still as stupid as it was the first time I read it.

You said he had NEVER dominated an opponent. I would say that kicking 5+ goals on four separate occasions in the past 2 years qualifies as that.

How do we not need him? The only player that has kicked more goals than he did in 2023 since 2018 will be 35 to start next season.

I just can't fathom that anyone with a brain can say that Luko does not improve us. We haven't made the finals since 2017 and have spuds like Murphy playing 22 games. JFC.

Seems more like you can’t read, enjoy getting upset through your keyboard and have a bad case of “thinking you are the smartest person in the room” syndrome.

Calm the farm tiger.

I just said (a number of times) that the guy is not competitive … that he should not extract any high value collateral from us.

I even said blatantly that he is a big upgrade on level of the players we push up the tunnel at the moment.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think I’m satisfied with what we have dished out over the last 25 years - maybe point your angst towards someone who hasn’t been screaming long and hard.

Last edited:
Lukosius has been continuously linked to a move back to South Australia since he was taken with pick 2 in the 2018 draft.

He has played a total of 115 matches, spending time in all thirds of the ground as the Suns try to find his best position.
If the Hardwick and the Suns can't find Luko's best position, given our recent history of player management I don't fancy our chances of coming up with the solution.

I mean this in the most respectable way possible - I feel like he’s starting to get into the category of ‘senior player that think he’s better than his performance shows’

The fact we’re still seeing grumpy old man Tex at times (ie getting pissed at younger players when not being given the ball) despite clearly having lost a step makes a part of me think we need to move past him

Then again, with Sharman re-signing, there’s not many 3rd tall forwards on the market I’d be comfortable replacing him with. Unless the Luko stuff happens, I guess
I wouldn't be bringing in Luko as a key forward. If anything, he should be on the wing. A delivery team of Luko, Hinge, Curtin, and Dawson would be very nice for the forwards.

I wouldn't be bringing in Luko as a key forward. If anything, he should be on the wing. A delivery team of Luko, Hinge, Curtin, and Dawson would be very nice for the forwards.
Yep roaming betwween half back and half forward Luko could do a lot of damage with his elite delivery. He doesn't need to be taking contested overhead forward half marks to hurt the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems more like you can’t read, enjoy getting upset through your keyboard and have a bad case of “thinking you are the smartest person in the room” syndrome.

This is literally what you said

I just do not see Luko win ANY contests when it matters.

I never see him outwork ANYONE.

I never see him dominate ANYONE - ever.

There are plenty of examples of in his 115 game career of him doing all 3 of these.

Calm the farm tiger.

I just said (a number of times) that the guy is not competitive … that he should not extract any high value collateral from us.

Thats not what you said - and not what I was replying to (look above).

I even said blatantly that he is a big upgrade on singer of the players we push up the tunnel at the moment.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think I’m satisfied with what we have dished out over the last 25 years - maybe point your angst towards someone who hasn’t been screaming long and hard.

No angst. Just think you posted some absolute rubbish and called you out on it.

No surprise that cleanhands liked your post. Poor bloke is still doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out if he knows what a lockdown defender is.

This is literally what you said

There are plenty of examples of in his 115 game career of him doing all 3 of these.

Thats not what you said - and not what I was replying to (look above).

No angst. Just think you posted some absolute rubbish and called you out on it.

No surprise that cleanhands liked your post. Poor bloke is still doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out if he knows what a lockdown defender is.
It’s your comprehension that’s amusing

But whats a lockdown defender? Ha ha ha ha.
Embarrassed Stephen Curry GIF by First We Feast

They won’t get ahead of us and they don’t need mids imo.
Cal Twomey dropped yesterday very emphatic late that Houston will play for Melbourne next year for Melbs 7
and then intimated that could be used to get both Perryman and Cummings.

Normally good mail.
Perryman and cummings are both free agents.. why the **** woild port pay 7 for them?..

that mail is junk.

The signs i'm seeing is body rigidity. Lack of fluidity in his core movements that was still there last year.

He's lost power in his kick, but that was evident last year and he still managed to have a career best season. This year, i'm just seeing a guy who's no longer able to use athleticism or physicality to beat his opponent, only his footy smarts.

Its not impossible that he plays on and gets his body right again (He did it 4 years ago). But it feels like an uphill battle to me.

P.s. He'll probably kick 8 this weekend now.

He wouldn’t be a key forward (Fog/RT easily occupy those positions), 3rd tall responsibilities at most. But yeah, could be better in a Lynch-type role

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back