Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Melb 2nd + F2 for lukosius and a GC 3rd rounder
Why on earth would we give up 2x 2nd round picks? I get that you're sending a 3rd rounder back, but the second half of the equation is completely unnecessary. It's simply Melb 2nd or F2 for Luko.
Another way to maybe look at it could be to group in Richmond in a 3 way trade (if our club is clever enough that is)

Adelaide
Out: F1
In Lukosius + pick 37 (GC)
Hell no. Reid should be fired if he even contemplated this. That's waaaay overs for Luko.

We are dealing with a club that gave away a pick 6 to a future premiership club just to get a player off the books. Anything is possible.
So asking for Luko and their 1st rounder should be at least on the table.

I mean we do take Luko off their books. :$

Yeah, Melb 2nd + F2 for lukosius and a GC 3rd rounder

Another way to maybe look at it could be to group in Richmond in a 3 way trade (if our club is clever enough that is)

Adelaide
Out: F1
In Lukosius + pick 37 (GC)

GC
Out: Lukosius + pick 37
In: Rioli

Richmond
Out: Rioli
In: Crows F1

That way, GC are not gathering extra draft picks this year and lose a later pick. Richmond still get a probable top 10 F1 and we get Lukosius
I'm going to hazard a guess Richmond will want plenty of hits in this draft.

I mean they want plenty in the next few but the sooner it starts for them the better.

Nearly spat my cup of tea out..Tredrea thinks Lukosius will cost at least a first and a 2nd to get him....lol

Well that tells me Port aren't in for him. If they were he'd be talking down his value.

I'm going to hazard a guess Richmond will want plenty of hits in this draft.

I mean they want plenty in the next few but the sooner it starts for them the better.
Yeah someone else came up with the perfect trade imo

Crows
in Luko
Out 2nd rounder (Melb)

GC
in Rioli
Out Luko & 1st (pick 11)

Richmond
in GC 1st, Crows Melb 2nd
Out Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOW CROWS COULD GET A DEAL DONE​

Thanks to future trading, if both SA clubs want a deal done, it can happen. But of current 2024 picks, the Crows come up short. They currently hold pick No.4, which would be way overs to lure him back home. Especially with homegrown midfield prospect Sid Draper in the mix. Their next pick sits at 42, which is probably unders. Could the Crows flip No.4 for the Suns’ first pick – currently No.7 – and a later pick for Lukosius? Standing in the way of that is chatter Gold Coast will put No.7 on the table to try and claim Richmond’s Rioli. Just like last year, the Suns have to be careful of an early bid on academy prospect Leo Lombard. Some clubs are keen to split early picks this year given the depth of talent in the top 10, so the Crows could look to move down the order through some funky trading to find something that satisfies the Suns. But otherwise it’s probably a future second that gets this done.
- Josh Barnes

HOW PORT COULD GET A DEAL DONE​

Should the Power finish second on the ladder, its first choice would be at No.37, before we get into bid matching on draft night. The Suns would at least start with a better asking price than that for Lukosius, given he bagged 39 goals last year. So where does that leave the Power? Probably again looking at future picks. Unless the wildcard of Dan Houston shakes things up. The Power must drive a hard bargain if Houston does ask to get back to Melbourne and ask for two first-round picks. That's two big bargaining chips to use to fill a hole off half-back, even if Lukosius wants to play forward. It’s a tricky road for Port Adelaide to walk given the amount of draft capital shifted out last year to get in their trade targets and the club will be wary of giving away too many chances of replenishing the list.
- Josh Barnes
Don’t we have Melbourne’s second round pick which looks better than we’d have expected? How can a footy journo not know this?

Nearly spat my cup of tea out..Tredrea thinks Lukosius will cost at least a first and a 2nd to get him....lol
What a Port Power numbnut. Just said:

• Rankine cost us a first AND second rounder (it was just a first in substance)
  • Luko will cost the same to buy re trade value
  • Will cost 1m per year in salary

Normally I like Tredders but that’s just trolling

F1 may be too high. If that's the case, maybe get a Richmond pick 2 back as well. We want salary relief as well.

I think our future first for GC's pick 20 and Lukosius is ok. It's not my preference but improving our draft hand this year would be nice.

4, 20, 28, 42 + Welsh + Lukosius.

Its not the draft pick its the money he is on 800k+?, if the Crows can soak up most or all of it they will do the deal to pay other players to stay.

If he was OOC, it would be a 2nd rounder at the very best.

Tredrea has Ports best interests at heart (convincing themselves they can't afford him).

If we end up with 2 of the top end talent SA players in Luko and Rankine then don't everyone lose their mind if we miss out on Draper...
Why - pick 4 should have nothing to do with the Luko position we take. So we can absolutely expect we get Draper or maybe one of the other top mids AND Luko in this same end of season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back