Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would leave a sour taste in my mouth if that was all.
i-see-what-you-did-png.1119097

Don’t get so worried about having players that want to come to Adelaide being “stolen” from us.
Port have traded for many players over the years, JHF would be literally the only player that I wish we had in our side.

Port have traded for many players over the years, JHF would be literally the only player that I wish we had in our side.
I’m a huge fan of Willie Rioli. Damage/effectiveness per possession is right up there with the best small forwards in the league.

My huge call is that they can’t win the flag without him.

Paer living rent free in a lot of posters head’s in this thread.

We’ve done just fine with the last few players we brought in through trades.

Don’t get so worried about having players that want to come to Adelaide being “stolen” from us.

Usually they end up where they want to end up. Not many times where a player is legitimately available to both clubs … that work is done waaay in advance.

If we or the power have locked in a player like Luko or Cumming or Perryman then nothing either club does in the next few months is going to change that.

Right?

one club has offered Perryman a 7 year deal which the Giants can’t match, that’s the club he is likely to end up at, and if Perryman is also chasing a genuine midfield role, I can’t see him going to Port.

Media get whispers of who clubs are targeting but the rest is guess work on who might be in the box seat.

With Houston likely departing and Bergman next year, I think Cumming becomes a more important target for Port, but maybe that boat has already sailed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oliver looks like a guy playing at a club he doesn't want to be at.

Dees blocked his trade request last year.

His performance this year drops his trade value.

A preseason with Burgess and being at the club he wants to be at, he will back to his best.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

he’s also playing a position he doesn’t want to play - HBF

one club has offered Perryman a 7 year deal which the Giants can’t match, that’s the club he is likely to end up at, and if Perryman is also chasing a genuine midfield role, I can’t see him going to Port.

Media get whispers of who clubs are targeting but the rest is guess work on who might be in the box seat.

With Houston likely departing and Bergman next year, I think Cumming becomes a more important target for Port, but maybe that boat has already sailed

Why can't that be Port Power who offer him 7 years?

The answer to the question of who Luko would replace in our best 22 is probably Tex. With Tex likely retired (or coerced into retirement by the club), a position opens up in the forward line - alongside Fog and Thilthorpe.

Welsh will be on the list next year, but it's highly unlikely that he walks straight into the best 22. Berg is probably going to GWS as a FA. Gallant & Burgess are useless, and at least one of them should be gone at year's end. That leaves only Toby Murray, who hasn't been seen at AFL level yet.

If Walker does retire (voluntarily or otherwise) then there is a logical case for chasing Luko. I don't like it, because I see him as being soft and flaky, the very antithesis of a finals footballer. I don't like it, but I do understand the logic behind it.

Even so, I don't think the club would be stupid enough to overpay for a deeply flawed player like Luko, who is likely to be pushed out by his existing club.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what would be doing is swapping a flaky Himmelberg for a flaky Luko. Hmmm, not sure want to pay a lot for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back