Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we get Luko it will be amazing and worth chasing the 2018 draft thread about the despondency we had not getting either elite Izak or Luko. Now Luko is never going to be truly elite and dominant IMO but he is a cream on top player and if getting third or fourth best defender could actually do some real damage up forward OR be the much discussed swingman delivering to our “stacked” forward line.

Serious question - is there a better kick than Luko in the whole of the AFL (well besides Dawson and Curtin haha).

Unfortunately I rate Kane Farrell as the best kick at the moment. Can hit 60 regularly and his target 8/10.
Love watching Jayden Short kick a football and NWM is on the way imo.

IMO even keeping two of the three around is too much, especially after drafting Turray and with Welsh on the way (and Tex seemingly playing on)

I’d like to get at least five open list spots
If we brought in Lukosius I’d agree. I’m less convinced he’s coming to us than others though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends on who we can bring in

not a fan of keeping players who have been on a list for 4-5 years and still struggle to sting 3-4 consistent AFL games together

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We need to increase not reduce our depth for next season.

We can’t trade our F1 for Luko. Too much to pay. I’d rather save our resources and go again next year in the draft or use that pick in any dealing to potentially pry away someone like NWM. Someone we actually need. Luko is not that guy. We better not split or sell this year’s pick 4 either. I’ll be done.

Is it just me, but Im getting Jack Watts and Richard Tambling vibes on Luko.

Good news... as that means Port are not getting him.
And the stupidity of his commentary suggests to me that we are right in the mix.
He's not a bad commentator in general, but he has an absolute blind spot when it comes to anything to do with us getting an advantage over Port.

Perfect for Richmond.

Not so great for Suns!
Fair call...by popular demand (the original trade proposal sucked it seems), I amend it to try and balance it better :p

Crows
in Luko
Out 2nd rounder (Melb)

GC
in Rioli, crows 2nd (Melb)
Out Luko & 1st (pick 11)

Richmond
in GC 1st
Out Rioli

GC now trading Luko and downgrading a 1st to a 2nd for Rioli. Richmond get pick 11 for him and we get Luko for a 2nd.

We need to worry about our first 22 before we worry much about depth.
No, we need to have 30 decent players like all top sides.

We already have 22 decent players, but we lack depth.

We net traded out depth last season.

We need to increase not reduce our depth for next season.

that’s why i said depends who we bring in

Golant had a good showdown couple years back but largely has been a bust every time promoted for an AFL game

Performing at SANFL but struggling at AFL isn’t necessarily depth. Gollant has played 15 AFL games in 5 years and has averaged 5 kicks and less than a goal per game.

Despite his SANFL that translates to AFL list clogger, not depth….. depth is someone that can come in, play a role and have an impact

Burgess and Gollant are nothing more than witches hats at AFL level

What is also against Burgess and Gollant, I can see the club wanting to get games into T Murray before Burgess, and Welsh before Gollant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Fair call...by popular demand (the original trade proposal sucked it seems), I amend it to try and balance it better :p

Crows
in Luko
Out 2nd rounder (Melb)

GC
in Rioli, crows 2nd (Melb)
Out Luko & 1st (pick 11)

Richmond
in GC 1st
Out Rioli

GC now trading Luko and downgrading a 1st to a 2nd for Rioli. Richmond get pick 11 for him and we get Luko for a 2nd.
You realise that’s not a 3 way trade, they’re 2 independent trades 😀

Luko for Melb 2nd

What GC and Rich do together in their spare time doesn’t concern us

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back