Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What a mess that club is in.

Worse than us in 2018.
What was the common factor?

Lever

He must really be a cancer and destroys a clubs culture from the inside.

Lukocious will be an absolute whipping boy here. Imagine trying to replace Tex with him. Unless Luko could play down a wing.
I am a Luko fan. Takes a good grab. Nice leg on him. Can play pretty much anywhere. Only downside is his goal kicking. Will fit in beautifully.

What about the fact that he’s soft at the contest, goes missing for weeks on end and can’t find a position on the ground to suit him?
Some said the same about Thilthorpe being soft at contest until he went GIGACHAD with his body this year and been shrugging off experience KPD left, right and center.

With his performance on the weekend I think he already resigned
Apparently hurt his ankle during the game.

Soldiered on but in a moon boot afterwards and was off for scans today which revealed "some damage" according to Bevo on Fox Footy tonight

The injuries to our defenders this year has meant that we haven't had to do a selection.

Who plays if Murray, Butts, Keane and Worrell are all available?

All of them?

Feels a bit top heavy.

If one had got squeezed out they might be more receptive to looking elsewhere. As it is they probably all feel like they're Best 22.
Butts doesn't play.

Petracca isn't happy at Melbourne allegedly says Morris.

Shame he'd never leave the state
If true melb need to move clarry on asap just to get back on track.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

[/QUOTE]
Nah, Luko would be the third after Rankine……and Hately.

Jones
Mc Henry
Hately

Rankine
Luko
??

Still one last first round missing piece in our “second try”.

From the “super draft” unfortunately our initial 3 are likely the worst 3 players selected in the first 16 picks (assuming Jordan Clark>Jones and discounting T Thomas for his off field indiscretions but clearly very talented). Not Hamishs best year…

No word on Caleb Daniel? How'd he go yesterday? 15 disposals, 2 marks and a tackle from the sub bench. Is he still a free agent? He's probably not starting 22 but he is high quality depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true melb need to move clarry on asap just to get back on track.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its an interesting crossroads for Melbourne

If true and Petracca says I am out he would demand a high price starting at a round 1 pick plus

Melbourne then need to look at what they can get in a fire sale for Oliver.

If this draft is deep in midfield now would be the time to strike for a quick rebound

Say what you will about Tom Morris but he is a diehard Melbourne fan and don't think he would make that Petracca story up out of the blue. I've seen him many times at the MFC Presidents club function, he would have some intel.

Agree though - Petracca no chance of leaving Melbourne city.

Interestingly the fact that he said 'other senior MFC players were also disgruntled' does make you wonder about Oliver. They showed footage of Oliver playing at half back on The Couch last night and he looked all at sea.

I have a contact who works at MFC so will see if they give me any crumbs of info on this... :$ :$

Say what you will about Tom Morris but he is a diehard Melbourne fan and don't think he would make that Petracca story up out of the blue. I've seen him many times at the MFC Presidents club function, he would have some intel.

Interestingly the fact that he said 'other senior MFC players were also disgruntled' does make you wonder about Oliver. They showed footage of Oliver playing at half back on The Couch last night and he looked all at sea.

I have a contact who works at MFC so will see if they give me any crumbs of info on this... :$ :$
This is all lining up for Goodwin to replace Nicks in 2026 and I’ll spew

No word on Caleb Daniel? How'd he go yesterday? 15 disposals, 2 marks and a tackle from the sub bench. Is he still a free agent? He's probably not starting 22 but he is high quality depth.
Was only on for just over a quarter too as sub.

Bit of talk suggesting it could be part of turning the heat up on Goody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back