Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially as Port have come out and said it's the first they've heard of it, whereas Crows have made the typically cryptic "we fully respect his and his family's privacy and will wait to the end of the season (i.e. next week) to commence discussions with the club" - a press release they had prepared weeks ago, nothing surer.

In summary, it's done.

One of the most annoying things about missing finals is how long we have to wait for trade week to open while other clubs obnoxiously waste another 5 weeks being good at football.

They really need to open up trade week early to clubs that have finished their season. Why should Melbourne and us (if the deal is indeed done) have to wait for the others to formalise a deal that's (in theory) already done.

He'll be able to dust off the Kangatech from the back shed and fire it up again after 5 years out of commission
car spaceship GIF

4 hours and ticking.

Is Luko named in GC team - either one assuming VFL is on this weekend - or is he being benched for the remainder of the year before a close to fait accompli trade (Crows clearly fave with Nicks recent mtg)

4 hours and ticking.

Is Luko named in GC team - either one assuming VFL is on this weekend - or is he being benched for the remainder of the year before a close to fait accompli trade (Crows clearly fave with Nicks recent mtg)
If he doesn't play the last 3 games Gold Coast can not ask for a first rounder, especially if his contract Is 1 million a season and they need him off the books, that is absolutely a F2nd.

If he doesn't play the last 3 games Gold Coast can not ask for a first rounder, especially if his contract Is 1 million a season, that is absolutely a F2nd.
Yeah I perhaps see it differently. As I first speculated last weekend, I interpret him not playing - especially for either GC team - is more a function of a deal already done in principle (likely GC and Crows) and that’s conditional upon no serious injury.

So as per global sports, we may be seeing Luko “benched” to ensure the no serious injury side of things.

Agree it’s a second rounder - this years or ideally next. The concern I have is whether we have also agreed to switch first rounders (as was 4->6, but now looking like 4->8/9th making the deal for Luko not attractive in that case IMO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wont be too upset if we miss out on Luko, don't really want Bulleen.

Luko would be good, but not a need.

We need quality mids. This year we have had glimpses of how good we can be when break even in the middle and our forwards/backs perform. Like last weekend.

If our midfield can take the next step, we become a contender.

That is why we need to take the punt on Oliver. Get him here, where he wanted to be and hope his attitude changes.

It is also why we need to get Sid Draper. Not sure how, but get him.

Luko and certainly Bulleen don't propel us into contenders.

Quality mids, to enhance what we have with Sog/Rankine/Crouch/Curtin/Dawson do.

can’t see Melb releasing Oliver, they will dig their heels in because the club is under fire from all angles

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah i know but looked for all money he was gone

to read we are tabling a new deal is very surprising
really? to me its almost 100% guaranteed we would do this, as even if we KNOW or strongly suspect he is going to ask for a trade, giving him say a 5 year offer at good money (IMO around 700k/year) provides perception AND reality of how we rate him and can only increase our trade bargaining leverage. AND Pies would need to at least match, if not beat, what we offer in terms of $ and years.

You cant go picking up a contracted in-demand KPD on 5-6 years at 700k (or more) and not to expect to pony up on picks.

Good move Reidy

The Cumming and Perryman decisions are going to be fascinating.
Has there been any real intel on these two?
According to Twomey, we will get ANB, Port will get Perryman (IF he leaves), and we are both still in for Cumming (IF he leaves). Fine by me. I'm not so impressed by Perryman that I would be entering a bidding war for him.

Yeah I perhaps see it differently. As I first speculated last weekend, I interpret him not playing - especially for either GC team - is more a function of a deal already done in principle (likely GC and Crows) and that’s conditional upon no serious injury.

So as per global sports, we may be seeing Luko “benched” to ensure the no serious injury side of things.

Agree it’s a second rounder - this years or ideally next. The concern I have is whether we have also agreed to switch first rounders (as was 4->6, but now looking like 4->8/9th making the deal for Luko not attractive in that case IMO)
that might change after we beat the Poo this week

can’t see Melb releasing Oliver, they will dig their heels in because the club is under fire from all angles

seriously it would be the clubs BIGGEST ever risk taking Oliver and his contract combined with poor form on now. If MLB want him gone, we dont want him

I wont be too upset if we miss out on Luko, don't really want Bulleen.

Luko would be good, but not a need.

We need quality mids. This year we have had glimpses of how good we can be when break even in the middle and our forwards/backs perform. Like last weekend.

If our midfield can take the next step, we become a contender.

That is why we need to take the punt on Oliver. Get him here, where he wanted to be and hope his attitude changes.

It is also why we need to get Sid Draper. Not sure how, but get him.

Luko and certainly Bulleen don't propel us into contenders.

Quality mids, to enhance what we have with Sog/Rankine/Crouch/Curtin/Dawson do.
Agree with you about Draper.

Unless we can trade in Trak, our focus should be on Draper above all other business. Seems a perfect recruit for us. And... we're perfectly placed to make it happen.

Seems a lot of people think that he's gone judging by the comments and reactions on Instagram and other social media platforms yesterday. Over 600 likes on an Instagrampost that said that the injury post might as well have been Oliver requesting a trade to Adelaide. I fully expect Melbourne to dig their heels in it too. Buy if Clarry requests a trade or demands one, as a club you'd at least have to think about it and see what the other club is offering

Seems a lot of people think that he's gone judging by the comments and reactions on Instagram and other social media platforms yesterday. Over 600 likes on an Instagrampost that said that the injury post might as well have been Oliver requesting a trade to Adelaide. I fully expect Melbourne to dig their heels in it too. Buy if Clarry requests a trade or demands one, as a club you'd at least have to think about it and see what the other club is offering
What?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back