Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That is why we need to take the punt on Oliver. Get him here, where he wanted to be and hope his attitude changes.

Quality mids, to enhance what we have with Sog/Rankine/Crouch/Curtin/Dawson do.
well clearly thats the inherent risk. 'Hoping' for anything to come good, esp with the myriad of serious and complex issues - and clearly volatile and uncertain future outcomes - relating to Oliver, could go a long way to destroying our clubs prospects over the next half decade. We need more than hope IMO

Seems a lot of people think that he's gone judging by the comments and reactions on Instagram and other social media platforms yesterday. Over 600 likes on an Instagrampost that said that the injury post might as well have been Oliver requesting a trade to Adelaide. I fully expect Melbourne to dig their heels in it too. Buy if Clarry requests a trade or demands one, as a club you'd at least have to think about it and see what the other club is offering
OK it may be appropriate to share what you are referring to in this instance? I am sure we would love to check it out

seriously it would be the clubs BIGGEST ever risk taking Oliver and his contract combined with poor form on now. If MLB want him gone, we dont want him
If mfc want him gone. Ill gladly take him for nothing. At this point Oliver has no trade value draft wise because his contract is far too big for his output and mfc will need to be paying part of the contract to get rid of him.

I think we could absolutely use another player with great foot skills. I wouldn't want to pay a lot for him but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.
His skills are so good he cant get a regular game?
Too small / too slow

Any list manager that would consider trading in McHenry should tender their resignation papers at the same time.

I refuse to get excited until I read the announcement but given he's out of contract and we haven't been playing him you'd hope that the penny has finally dropped and he will be delisted. At that point, as you said, he becomes a free pickup for any club that needs to fill their reserves side.

My money is on us putting him on the rookie list.

seriously it would be the clubs BIGGEST ever risk taking Oliver and his contract combined with poor form on now. If MLB want him gone, we dont want him

I have a feeling Melbourne are looking at doing a little mini re-build. They’re letting ANB go, there’s noise around Oliver and Trac, and they’ve actually got some pretty solid young talent coming through.

I wonder if they’re pivoting towards JVR, Pickett, Rivers etc being there top end players for their next push (perhaps trying to fix some of the culture issues that seem to be around) and may be trying to extract max value from their stars while they can.

Melbourne shopping Oliver around may not necessarily mean we need to steer clear.

ADELAIDE CROWS

Make no mistake, the Crows need to bolster their list this year following a disappointing campaign — and they project to hold the No. 4 draft selection. Adelaide threw its hat in the ring for maligned Melbourne midfielder Clayton Oliver at the end of last year, but given the season he has had in 2024, the Crows might forego another pursuit for the contracted ball-winner this October. Adelaide coach Matthew Nicks reportedly recently met with Gold Coast swingman Jack Lukosius, indicating the Crows are indeed keen to bring the South Australian native home this off-season — despite his contracted status — after falling out of favour with Gold Coast’s match committee. Adelaide is also seen as the frontrunner for wantaway Demon Alex Neal-Bullen, who’s requested a trade back to South Australia for family reasons. Elsewhere, despite being linked to Collingwood as he pursues a premiership late in his career, Taylor Walker recently laughed off departure rumours, restating his intention to remain a Crow. Key-position swingman Elliott Himmelberg, an unrestricted free agent this year, was engulfed in trade rumours last year — thought to be keen to join brother Harry at GWS. After Adelaide held the 26-year-old to the final year of his contract, Himmelberg can walk to the club of his choice in 2024.

OK it may be appropriate to share what you are referring to in this instance? I am sure we would love to check it out
Sure happy to share. Just cropped the photo from Instagram, I can send the links as well

Attachments

• 49291D71-3B67-442C-B7BE-05BF3B682DEE.jpeg
    49291D71-3B67-442C-B7BE-05BF3B682DEE.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 179
Rumour circulating Blues have met with Petracca.

Buckle Up.

6kz6ZCW.gif

Buckle Up.

6kz6ZCW.gif
Is the Melbourne board in complete meltdown?

We melt if Murphy is named on the field, let alone if our best player walked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i know but looked for all money he was gone

to read we are tabling a new deal is very surprising
No, that was just media reporting.

He has said many times he is happy in Adelaide.

This is an issue of money & security.

Buckle Up.

6kz6ZCW.gif
They seem to have an unlimited cap also..

Cripps
Walsh
McKay
Curnow
Weitering
McGovern (was 750-800k ish but now lower)
Martin (ave 750k over 4 years)
Williams reportedly 750-800k earnt tier one compo in FA)
Saad - see Williams
De Koning

Bring in Petracca and he would also be near the top of the above list

They seem to have an unlimited cap also..

Cripps
Walsh
McKay
Curnow
Weitering
McGovern (was 750-800k ish but now lower)
Martin (ave 750k over 4 years)
Williams reportedly 750-800k earnt tier one compo in FA)
Saad - see Williams
De Koning

Bring in Petracca and he would also be near the top of the above list
If Carlton sign Petracca you know for sure the AFL is rigged

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back