Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: some of the talk about Melbourne accepting way less for ANB

Not sure Melbourne are morally bound to accept less.

They have already shown compassion by granting the request, I dont think they need to then cop the double whammy of accepting less than he is worth.

Ok, don't hold out for overs but I fail to see why they should accept unders.

If Adelaide were to try and offer unders I think they bear moral culpability for trying to exploit the situation.

I think its incumbent on both sides to act in good faith on this one.

Plus, with all the crap Melbourne are going through I'm not sure its a great look for their fans.

Lol...have a look at that lot

Remember buying the Herald Sun newspaper - like you did in the old days - back in 2001 or 2002 and they had 3 x socio-economic or related factors about each clubs supporters. I clearly remember Port Powers were:

• highest incidence of missing teeth
  • highest incidence of supporters earning less than $10,000 per year

And …..can’t remember the last one but those 2 were always quite memorable to me. Wonder what the last one was? 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have already shown compassion by granting the request, I dont think they need to then cop the double whammy of accepting less than he is worth.

If Adelaide were to try and offer unders I think they bear moral culpability for trying to exploit the situation.

Plus, with all the crap Melbourne are going through I'm not sure its a great look for their fans.
Mate, this is Alex Neal Bullen we are talking about though.

The void between a high and low draft pick value for ANB at this point isn't all that wide.

Absolutely. Going to the draft is always a gamble...we should know that well and truly by now.
Has Draper enough runs on the board against men to provide enough confidence? I feel the midfielders are easier to predict as they're often closer to the finished article than the bigger guys.

Maybe because we didn't chase him and has to return to SA and taking his entire contract of Melbourne?

Maybe because we didn't chase him and has to return to SA and taking his entire contract of Melbourne?
I agree the contract is part of this deal.

As I se it, (and being business ruthless) there are three parties in this deal. Two of them have a problem and one is the solution. MFC and/or ANB have the obligation to be flexible in their expectations to have their problem solved....by us.

We'll be fair, but they'll be generous to get this solved....and smoothly.

Has Draper enough runs on the board against men to provide enough confidence? I feel the midfielders are easier to predict as they're often closer to the finished article than the bigger guys.
This isn't a requirement in judging young players I don't think.

Chayce was lauded for his performances against men in his junior days.

The same way they paid Judd.
D1vT.gif

Wait, we have to pay overs for a player we didn't even pursue?

Our moral responsibility is to make a list position available for him, so he's not stuck without a way to get home.

We owe absolutely zero to Melbourne, and shouldn't be expected to overpay for something we didn't even say we wanted.

ANB is a 29 role player, a glue guy - we shouldn't expect him for free, but anything more than pick 35 or so is overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back