Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy in the presser hyping up their late season form as a positive sign for how they'll head into 2025. Where have I heard that before?

We're 4-4 over the last 8 weeks, 5-7 over our last 12, so not even like we've set the world on fire at any point this season.
Looks like he’s no good at speaking either as well as football.

Murphy in the presser hyping up their late season form as a positive sign for how they'll head into 2025. Where have I heard that before?

We're 4-4 over the last 8 weeks, 5-7 over our last 12, so not even like we've set the world on fire at any point this season.
I guess the teams level of quality of performance gets a bit distorted for you when you are told yourself, from your club and your ongoing selection, that you're also doing a good job and playing well.

the team lacks on-field leadership, how many games have we lost by under two goals in the last two seasons, it would be in double figures?

I can’t recall when we have got on a roll and won 3, 4 or 5 games in a row, our pattern is win, loss, or it’s losing multiple games in a row

We just don’t have players that stand up in key moments, and it’s a repetitive narrative “it’s another lesson” but no it’s a repeated lesson that we are not learning from.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the team lacks on-field leadership, how many games have we lost by under two goals in the last two seasons, it would be in double figures?

I can’t recall when we have got on a roll and won 3, 4 or 5 games in a row, our pattern is win, loss, or it’s losing multiple games in a row

We just don’t have players that stand up in key moments, and it’s a repetitive narrative “it’s another lesson” but no it’s a repeated lesson that we are not learning from.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What are you posting this here for, this is a rumors thread not a sad fact thread

Last edited:

That’s quality not necessarily leadership.
We are overall not good enough
Leadership is vastly overrated and why we are stuck playing Murphy and Rob.

That’s quality not necessarily leadership.
We are overall not good enough
Leadership is vastly overrated and why we are stuck playing Murphy and Rob.
We call them leaders but they aren't. Footsoldiers only. High effort, high professionalism, low skill, low impact.

We call them leaders but they aren't. Footsoldiers only. High effort, high professionalism, low skill, low impact.
The size of the leadership group talks of its quality.....

I think this is a good point.

We misunderstand leadership as "someone who'll always do the professional thing".

Well, that's fine, but you're not describing someone who'll actually lead change at moments of adversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide have asked the question.
Pickett would laugh at us.

Lol.
Small forward. Pickett.
Third tall forward. Lukosous.
Tall back/tall forward. Petty.
Pressure forward. ANB.

Any chance of us asking the question of our actual problem.. MIDFIELD.
Pickett is like Rankine.. runs through the midfield and is bloody dangerous when he does.

See if he laughs at a million a year contract.

I would hand over our pick 4 in an instant if he took the bait.

Imagine rankine and pickett in our first 18 each week. Tag teaming in the midfield/forward line.

Be brutal.

Did anyone ask him why he keeps getting subbbed off in the last quarter ?

I reckon the problem with an in-contract Kozzie is that the Dees would want pick 4

I’d give up the 2025 1st for him, but no doubt the Dees would want a premium return

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back