Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant help wonder whether there is a massive trap this year with trading. This draft is pretty decent by all reports but this also comes at the same time as a lot of decent talent are requesting trades.

Honestly, if the Crows simply wanted it they could easily bring in ANB, Luko, Cummins and one of Picket, Oliver and Petty. I dont think it would be hard at all to make all those deals happen. Could even bring in another player which would be huge. But we would take ourselves out of the top end of the draft entirely. Which by all reports has some very good midfield talent which we need.

I cant help wonder whether there is a massive trap this year with trading. This draft is pretty decent by all reports but this also comes at the same time as a lot of decent talent are requesting trades.

Honestly, if the Crows simply wanted it they could easily bring in ANB, Luko, Cummins and one of Picket, Oliver and Petty. I dont think it would be hard at all to make all those deals happen. Could even bring in another player which would be huge. But we would take ourselves out of the top end of the draft entirely. Which by all reports has some very good midfield talent which we need.
Twomey inferring itā€™ll be nothing beyond the three that have already been bandied about (in regards to significant pieces, anyway)

Small rumour - mentioned in Inside Trading that we have interest in VFL forwards Sam Davidson and Corey Ellison
Pretty sure we were linked with both last year at one point, Ellison for sure...can't see it personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey inferring itā€™ll be nothing beyond the three that have already been bandied about (in regards to significant pieces, anyway)

Probably because the asking price means we give away the opportunity to draft a young star player in a position we really need. He made one mistake though, he forgot which club he is dealing with. What he mentioned is what any sane club would do. We are Adelaide. We are just as likely to through pick 4 and next years future 1st to land Luko. Probably trade this years second for ANB and next years future 2nd at Cummings. Then complain we couldnt get Welsh because it was one or the other.

What kind of Forwards are they? We are crying out for a small forward who actually kicks goals
Going off very surface level research

Davidson kicked 26 goals in 17 games as a small forward for Richmond VFL, averaged 14.4 touches

I think this is his draft profile? 25yo

Ellison a former defender that switched forward, kicked 31 goals from 18 games. 192cm, 24yo

Going off very surface level research

Davidson kicked 26 goals in 17 games as a small forward for Richmond VFL, averaged 14.4 touches

I think this is his draft profile? 25yo

Ellison a former defender that switched forward, kicked 31 goals from 18 games. 192cm, 24yo
Good research! Cheers

Probably because the asking price means we give away the opportunity to draft a young star player in a position we really need. He made one mistake though, he forgot which club he is dealing with. What he mentioned is what any sane club would do. We are Adelaide. We are just as likely to through pick 4 and next years future 1st to land Luko. Probably trade this years second for ANB and next years future 2nd at Cummings. Then complain we couldnt get Welsh because it was one or the other.
Cummings is a free agent, and if you sell your future 1st you can't touch your other future picks in the other rounds unless you trade back in a future first from another club

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back