Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any truth to the rumour that Smith was told today to expect sanfl in 2025, his role will be to be bit on an on-field coach in the sanfl ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is a Ch 9 interview where Smith mentions himself that he looking forward to finishing his contract and whether that means AFL or SANFL he's happy to do what the club wants

Atleast it sounds like a decent attitude on face value

Berry for ANB?

I think Oliver would've been gettable (and a change of scenery is probably a good idea for him), but if Petracca goes, no way do they let Oliver go too.

Nah id trade a pick in the 40s for ANB. he is a 3-4 year player at most. I wouldnt give up a potential 8-10 year player with probably similar output for ANB.

Fun fact though. Adelaide had a pick 5 picks before Melbourne snared ANB. I think we can all see where this is going. That pick is none other than Sanfl superstar Harrison Wigg. lol.

There is a Ch 9 interview where Smith mentions himself that he looking forward to finishing his contract and whether that means AFL or SANFL he's happy to do what the club wants

I noticed he did the pause, deep breath thing before launching into the rehearsed spiel about that though.

Is there some reason that he would be stoked about playing SANFL?
Let’s assume that the extra year of his contract is below the AFL average wage. Why would he be interested in picking up $450 K to play with some mates and some guys from the ammos?

Like all ageing players he will back himself in to defy Father Time and if he fails he will earn a lot more than working at
Big W.

Would be classic Crows to trade pick 4 in a stacked midfield draft for a "maybe he can be a midfielder but has only shown very occasional glimpses" Pickett.

Actually can't believe people have suggested that here.

Sounded like a guy who knew he wasn’t getting games but was no way he was walking away from his contract. Hopefully he has the right attitude but also a chance he’s just there to collect his pay cheque next year too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be classic Crows to trade pick 4 in a stacked midfield draft for a "maybe he can be a midfielder but has only shown very occasional glimpses" Pickett.

Actually can't believe people have suggested that here.

I wouldn't think we'd only offer pick 4

When we are being stupid at this club we go all in with our balls in

Berry for ANB?

I think Oliver would've been gettable (and a change of scenery is probably a good idea for him), but if Petracca goes, no way do they let Oliver go too.
Melbourne seem like they'll be at a bit of a crossroads.

• Gawn will be 33 at the end of the year.
  • May will be 33 in Jan.
  • Viney will be 31 in April.
  • Petracca?
  • Oliver just turned 27 however obviously not a good season and if he doesn't bounce back, they're screwed.
  • Brayshaw gone from last season and ANB on his way out.
  • Doesn't count for a great deal but Melksham is 33, Brown and Smith now off the list.

It looks like a pretty aging list and hard to imagine they'll get back to covid season form if Petracca does go - so do you cash in on Oliver and start your rebuild now? That said, Oliver won't get you much of a return with his 2024 season / off-season issues...

Guys like Bowey, Bowes, Petty, Pickett, Rivers, Pickett, Sparrow, JVR, Windsor all look like decent best 22 players but it won't be the same Melbourne.

• May will be 33 in Jan.
  • Petracca?
  • Oliver just turned 27 however obviously not a good season and if he doesn't bounce back, they're screwed.
  • Doesn't count for a great deal but Melksham is 33, Brown and Smith now off the list.

It looks like a pretty aging list and hard to imagine they'll get back to covid season form if Petracca does go - so do you cash in on Oliver and start your rebuild now? That said, Oliver won't get you much of a return with his 2024 season / off-season issues...

Guys like Bowey, Bowes, Petty, Pickett, Rivers, Pickett, Sparrow, JVR, Windsor all look like decent best 22 players but it won't be the same Melbourne.
It's like what my painter friend Donald said to me
"Stick a fork in their ass and turn 'em over, they're done"

• May will be 33 in Jan.
  • Petracca?

They’ll need to hit on pick 5 + the picks they may get for Petracca, as well as make sure JVR/Howes/Windsor/Tholstrup/McVee/Turner etc continue on an upward trajectory

Absolutely time for a mini-rebuild for them

They’ll need to hit on pick 5 + the picks they may get for Petracca, as well as make sure JVR/Howes/Windsor/Tholstrup/McVee/Turner etc continue on an upward trajectory

Absolutely time for a mini-rebuild for them

Its interesting. Petracca I think thought he could merely state he wants a trade and he could pick any club out of the 17 and he could walk. But the two clubs linked to him have not only distanced themselves but categorically said no. Based on this I dont see Melbourne getting a top 10 pick for him unless another Vic club decides to take a punt on him like St Kilda. The issue is his age. At 29 next year, coming back from a car crash injury I think he is worth a second at best.

Its interesting. Petracca I think thought he could merely state he wants a trade and he could pick any club out of the 17 and he could walk. But the two clubs linked to him have not only distanced themselves but categorically said no. Based on this I dont see Melbourne getting a top 10 pick for him unless another Vic club decides to take a punt on him like St Kilda. The issue is his age. At 29 next year, coming back from a car crash injury I think he is worth a second at best.
I don’t think he’s worth just a second, given what his potential could be to a contending club, but the risk is incredibly high. Likely worth more to Melb than anyone else, at this point

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back