Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 165 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think North's F1 might get you pick 10. Ours is probably about pick 14.

I'd be curious whether pick 25 and 26 could get us pick 15 from Brisbane?
That Bris trade would be fair, but I doubt that’s happening

I think Freo would take our F1 for 10, they’d take the chance on us not being good again. Realistically the floor for our first next year is 11-12 (first week exit)

Would be interesting to know why we wait so long for our b&f .

Should be done and dusted a week after the season finishes.
Have to book venues etc in advance

I’d say this date is set early in the hope/expectation we make finals.

We miss finals it means players have 5 weeks to holiday then back in time for it also so no urgency to reschedule a date they’d have set a while back

We weren’t writing off finals until crazily late

No, just waiting another year before we use available assets to improve our list is kicking it down the road. We can use that asset now, and for the right opportunity we should use it now.
In a static market I might agree but there are various factors influencing the decision

Projected finish by both clubs doing the deal and projected talent and what level they may reach

Sure its all guesswork but given the current market its prudent to keep something in the bank

I would hate for us to have another poor year and our first pick is in the 20s

Have to book venues etc in advance

I’d say this date is set early in the hope/expectation we make finals.

We miss finals it means players have 5 weeks to holiday then back in time for it also so no urgency to reschedule a date they’d have set a while back

We weren’t writing off finals until crazily late
I assume one Thebarton is done they should be good to have it there you would hope

Have we set a date for ours yet?

It's basically been dead silence from the club apart from a few re-signings.

Half the players are overseas in Europe going by Instagram posts.

Reckon the club had anticipated it was playing finals possibly and accordingly the B&F is probably scheduled for either 4th or 5th October. You would think before the trade week starts etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko’s preference is Port (offer around 3.6m over 4 years). Cumming will be a crow. Come at me 😬😜
If I had a choice of the 2... it's Cumming.

Cumming, ANB & another ruckman would be ideal.

That Bris trade would be fair, but I doubt that’s happening

I think Freo would take our F1 for 10, they’d take the chance on us not being good again. Realistically the floor for our first next year is 11-12 (first week exit)
Our F1 is potentially going to be a ~Top 5 pick, we will most likely win 8-10 games again.

Not beyond the realms of possibility with a tough early draw, we choke badly and Nicks is sacked by mid season.

Our F1 is potentially going to be a ~Top 5 pick, we will most likely win 8-10 games again.

Not beyond the realms of possibility with a tough early draw, we choke badly and Nicks is sacked by mid season.
A tough draw might suit us better, we were worse against the bottom sides.

Injury free, we win 10-12 games.

I think our range is between 7th/8th, and where we finished this year

I can’t see us getting worse, especially with an easier draw and hopefully youth improvement + senior additions, but if Nicks continues to be himself as a coach it certainly puts a cap on our ceiling

Thankfully, I think if we miss finals again, he’s gone

I think our range is between 7th/8th, and where we finished this year

I can’t see us getting worse, especially with an easier draw and hopefully youth improvement + senior additions, but if Nicks continues to be himself as a coach it certainly puts a cap on our ceiling

Thankfully, I think if we miss finals again, he’s gone
Should hopefully have something to look forward to next year, make the 8 = great, miss the 8 = new coach.

Been tiring the last 7 years, where besides the occasional good win, the thing we've had to look forward to most is trade week and draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back