Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 165 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our range is between 7th/8th, and where we finished this year

I can’t see us getting worse, especially with an easier draw and hopefully youth improvement + senior additions, but if Nicks continues to be himself as a coach it certainly puts a cap on our ceiling

Thankfully, I think if we miss finals again, he’s gone

If we are not making many coaching changes, as is rumored, and we get a normal injury run like we got in 2024, I think our ceiling is 9th

A couple more changes but Nicks still at the helm, in addition to a favorable draw and no injuries, I think we can sneak into finals

Club is keen, pushing memberships for next year already!

I mean, Port fans were getting membership renewals the day after they got flogged by Geelong in the QF. There's been news articles about Essendon and Carlton fans complaining about price hikes (seems ours has gone up too).

It's always around this time.

Have a look at how the Victorian media see other clubs paying and absolute premium for Richmond players to help their rebuild. Just look at that pick trade they spitball with Brisbane..like get stuffed VFL media. Complete fan fiction being peddled as journalism.

It's fanciful but it's hardly vic media, just a guy on wordpress

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I think 1st payment - if on the drip - comes out late October so a need to give time to get numbers in
I don't like the email I received. Doesn't specify what my membership even is. Just says it will be taking out a certain amount next month. This was the first year I signed up, so I'm not happy that there isn't more information or an option to just opt out on the site. Have to call them.

I've finally found you, I knew you were a closet Port Power supporter ;)

View attachment 2115766
Mmmm ....Either Trigger13 has been exposed .....or he's plagiarised a Port Board post & insinuated it's 1st hand information

Always good to give due credit to the original poster

Houston leaving will negate Luko's contract at the least
It's going to be a difficult juggle, if any Houston trade goes down to the wire on the last day .....if a lot of things hang off Houston, how will these other trades / contracts get done in time

Cant believe McHenry would be still trying to stay with us...it's against HIS interests!? Our highly contested game does not suit a small gut running guy who's good at doing short hit-ups. He's be way better off at clubs with more open running game plans, like Collingwood or GWS to make two. The guy's mad not to try and get out, gonna sink his career by not making a move. Even just playing seconds for a year in the Eastern states where he'd dominate and make the headlines and likely be picked up mid year makes way more sense than trying to continue with us? Surely someone in the club that's all about "prioritizing others" has said this to him?

Why? It's clear if he's trying to stay with us when out of contract in mid-to-late September, he doesn't have a gig elsewhere and is unwanted. There is no doubt his agent would have asked every club in the league and made it clear he was available, as they would for everyone out of contract and wanting to continue in the AFL.

And it's always better to be on an AFL list then in the VFL/SANFL, because you're always one (usually bad) injury to someone else away from the opportunities to revive a career. Whereas, once you're out, there are no guarantees that even dominating the second tiers gets you another look in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more cap space and picks if Butters leaves.

And that's the other thing. If you think Butters is gone once he hits FA, you're all in now whilst you have that trio of midfielders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back