Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They would have to be very good players... I would not be trading 5 for phillipou and change imho... Hes basically still young id be looking for a better player at the draft... 5 for a rankine is what i expect... Or even 5 for a luko.
I dont understand what people see in luko that make them think he's either elite or what we need, besides being from SA and was a high pick when drafted

Its likely to hurt us the most as we are looking like next cab off the rank at the very pointy end and what if it happens there are 5 top rated mids in the pool outside of the F/S and academy aligned players at the top end...and those mids all get picked. Id rather not have Russian roulette forced on us by them getting that pick thankyou very much
There''s more than 5 top notch midfield prospects in this draft, just listen to the recruiters when asked about this draft re depth.

lol on one hand you’re calling Hamish last 5 years as excellent and then say assessing last 4-5 years is difficult. Then you talk about trading out our first rounders so Hamish doesn’t butcher them.
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

I mean we can just tank to finish below St Kilda, but the Crows would never do that, instead prioritizing pointless wins in a dead season. So ultimately it will definitely cost us
Murphy will have 20 touches and kick 3 goals in our glorious win over the Saints this season

I would have thought that's a pretty good summary except you put the 'lol' in, so I know it's a mocking post.

If I wanted a summary I'd just put my post in Chat GPT and ask if for a summary.

But since you think I'm contradicting myself, I'll clarify.

1. Criticism on the Nicks era drafting should be in the context of the drafts, and comparing to Essendon and Hawthorn show that our draft haul has been better than those. Personally I'm really happy with our draft hand as 1990 Crow outlined. Could it be better, probably, should we reasonably expect it to be, probably not.
  2. Our trading of first rounders has been excellent, and there is high value in doing this.
I then say the pessimistic posters should be leaning to the second option as you don't agree with the first point.

I've posted on this thread, just yesterday what I think we could do, but until we know what draft hand we have it's just speculation. I want both us to trade in a Phillipou and take a Draper in the draft. I even outlined how this would happen.

Lol.
I lol’d because of the reasons given in my post, you contradicted yourself.

As for comparing it to just those 2 clubs, that’s meaningless given all the other players drafted who we could have selected.

Anyone following Rankines junior career and seeing his talent on display in his injury interrupted first few years at GC was more than OK with pick 5 for him. What would he be worth now? Would you take pick 5 and 10 for him if offered? Not a chance in the world IMO

At the time I compared him to Jarman and McLeod in terms of the most naturally gifted skilful players to ever wear the tri colours. The man will win a Brownlow and Norm Smith by the end of the decade.
Rankine hasn't reached Judd level yet who was essentially 2 top 5 picks as West Coast also got Kennedy so right now pick 5 and 10 is around the mark for Rankine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean we can just tank to finish below St Kilda, but the Crows would never do that, instead prioritizing pointless wins in a dead season. So ultimately it will definitely cost us
Going by how the Saints "played" at home against Power Power last week, we will get done for tanking by the AFL. Our worst game against Fremantle would have easily beaten them and that's with Nicks and his "revolutionary" game plan lol.

How wonderful is this...not like us to get f****d up the you know what by the AFL and its systems

Following on from this, you can just guarantee they will take 2 x top end mids if they get that compo pick as B Crouch is all but finished due to injury. I hope Mutineer is right about there being a number of top end mids so we don't miss one with our pick otherwise it will be bleak

Zero chance he said that.

There's every chance that his manager said "if you want Izak to publicly commit to you, then we need to know you can get the deal done."
An ITK poster on the GCS forum who initially said Rankine was leaving mention a board member told him they will definitely get pick 5 as Rankine told them he wanted fair compensation and the same board member also said they had a last minute meeting with Rankine to convince him to stay. Which is evident why GCS was willing to offload Bowes and pick 7 and stall the Rankine trade during trade period. Someone also said Rankine told them mid year not to worry as he will be staying so likely felt a bit guilty as well.

An ITK poster on the GCS forum who initially said Rankine was leaving mention a board member told him they will definitely get pick 5 as Rankine told them he wanted fair compensation and the same board member also said they had a last minute meeting with Rankine to convince him to stay. Which is evident why GCS was willing to offload Bowes and pick 7 and stall the Rankine trade during trade period. Someone also said Rankine told them mid year not to worry as he will be staying so likely felt a bit guilty as well.

Even if Rankine said it he has zero control over how we get the deal done, nor is he privy to the process unfolding.

If Crows were smart they would've parlayed the Bowes deal into the Rankine deal, but they're uncreative and weak.

Even if Rankine said it he has zero control over how we get the deal done, nor is he privy to the process unfolding.

If Crows were smart they would've parlayed the Bowes deal into the Rankine deal, but they're uncreative and weak.
I sense Rankine was ok to stay at GCS if a trade didn't eventuate (I recall there was an Instagram post of him with other GCS players at GC while still doing rehab on his injured shoulder weeks after the season ended). Wasn't it reported we were a handful of clubs interested in Bowes although very late and Dangerfield was already in his ear so Geelong was always his choice?

Back