Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q53 in the end, which is about my normal GA seating situation when I am not borrowing a family friend's legends club tickets.

Next year I think I finally bite the bullet on L2 reserved seats either Kennedy or Legends. Gunna need that priority GF access I'm hoping.

Ticketek are a joke
Logged onto the site at 9.01 to get 3 MCC reserved seats for the game for me and a couple of mates.
Nothing together at all.
So I guess after paying 1.5 K recently for my upgraded full membership, the best we can do is stand all game ..
A) next time logon before 9am. The queue starts earlier.
B) book seats in one of the dining rooms and get seats with that

Just have a ticketing question i wondered if anyone could help me with.

Myself (adult) and my 10yo daughter (child) have Hawks memberships, and when tickets go on-sale tomorrow morning i am aware that we are permitted to buy an additional 'guest pass'...so we can essentially get 2 tickets each per membership barcode.

Does the guest pass need to be like-for-like though? I'm hoping to take my parents to the game, and obviously I can get one adult ticket for one of them (via my membership), but is it possible to buy another adult ticket for the second parent via my daughter's child membership barcode? Or will I only be able to buy a guest 'child' ticket via my daughter's barcode?

Have searched and can't find this info anywhere!

Any help would be so much appreciated!

(* i just crushed my poor old Dad telling him that it seems like he might be missing out :(

I put in two barcodes - one adult, and one junior/child.

The adult one let me choose the member adult, plus a guest adult or concession or child.

Same with the child membership - the member child, plus any guest.

So it's not like-for-like, at least for the guest tickets.

Is it weird that I'm more confident about us this season than 2018 where we were top 4?
Nope. 2018 definitely felt like we were falling over the line with our run into finals. 2024 feels like we're improving as we go in.

I think our performance against North last week has been majorly glossed over just because it was against North. They are indeed limited but their running and defensive efforts were AFL standard for the majority of the game. Yet we moved the ball clean and quick, and scored heavily in wet and windy conditions at a stadium that tends to turn games into scrappy, low scoring affairs. The Dogs played North the week prior in perfect conditions at Marvel, keeping them to a similar score but scoring 5 goals less.

(Not suggesting the Dogs underperformed against North. They had no reason to build % like we did. Just highlighting how potent we were in difficult conditions.)

yes, what an ordeal to get tickets. obviously shitetek couldnt contact Visa or Amex due to load, both failed "contact card issuer" so had to pay via afterpay on same credit card ticketek couldnt process.

3x member tickets, M12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ticketek are a joke
Logged onto the site at 9.01 to get 3 MCC reserved seats for the game for me and a couple of mates.
Nothing together at all.
So I guess after paying 1.5 K recently for my upgraded full membership, the best we can do is stand all game ..
I joined at 8:30 and when the virtual queue opened at 9am I was ~11,000th in line. Got to the front at 9:10. L2 seats (only 2 bays released) were still available but my family hadn't told me their barcodes have been updated so now I'll be lining up on Friday :straining:

Not defending Ticketek, which may earn me a lifetime ban, but merely pointing out that the huge queues and lack of grouped seats just 10 or 15 minutes after sales opened is an indication of how popular this game will be. The G will be pumping next Friday night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back