Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing for Cam but we do have reinforcements for his type of role which is fortunate. Ward or Finn. I'd go Ward as he can provide similar creativity by foot and composure. Deserves a recall based on his game on the weekend.

Daniel Hoyne on SEN last night highlighted that the Dogs on ballers tend to concede first possession with the aim to strip the ball carrier and hit teams on the rebound. And so it's important that our midfielders are quick and precise with our ball movement clearing the contest.

That being the case there is an argument that Hustwaite with his elite quick hands could be the best horse for this course. I don't expect he will be selected but if he is then that could be the thinking.

Mitchell will earn his pay cheque this week.

Jiath onto a wing no doubt lockdown one side.

I think D.Moore and Massimo will play huge roles across the middle now.
I would love to see #16 in the center next to the bulls. Hard as nails, clean ball use and turn of speed.

Daniel Hoyne on SEN last night highlighted that the Dogs on ballers tend to concede first possession with the aim to strip the ball carrier and hit teams on the rebound. And so it's important that our midfielders are quick and precise with our ball movement clearing the contest.

That being the case there is an argument that Hustwaite with his elite quick hands could be the best horse for this course. I don't expect he will be selected but if he is then that could be the thinking.
No chance Huss comes in mate. It is between Finn and Ward

With Frenchy out could we see something like Finn as a defensive forward on Dale, Ginni to high half forward, McDonald into the guts? Big stage for McDonald to arrive for real and I reckon he would froth on it.

in burst possibly with Moore, the Defensive side might hold him back. Moore is the man I reckon.

That's where Newcombe particularly should show his value. We're pretty good at breaking the first tackle.

I saw a stat prior to our last game that said when we claim possession between the arcs that we're the side most likely to go backwards or to the boundary in the whole comp and therefore of course least likely to go forwards and into the corridor.

That suggests when we take possession our first thought is to keep it and keep it in a way that helps propel our attack where we want.

Hopefully those two factors help us defy this particular Dogs tactic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flat for Mackenzie but probably a player we can genuinely cover.
Ward to come in and play on the ball and not a wing.

Finn stays in as an option to lockdown on a Bailey Dale/Ed Richards and we go from there.

CJ genuinely worries me on the big stage not playing well enough

Flat for Mackenzie but probably a player we can genuinely cover.
Ward to come in and play on the ball and not a wing.

Finn stays in as an option to lockdown on a Bailey Dale/Ed Richards and we go from there.

CJ genuinely worries me on the big stage not playing well enough
Agreed. Even if or if the BHH final, CJ is nowhere near reliable this year.

No chance Huss comes in mate. It is between Finn and Ward
Yeah anyone talking left field options at this stage is ignoring most of the talk leading in. Ward for McKenzie is as like for like as we can do.

Alrighty Ward, it's your time to shine young man
Amazon Boom GIF by The Boys

Though CJ didn’t get near it on the weekend at box hill ?

Can’t see CJ getting a call up, was underwhelming for Box Hill and has done little all year.

CJ wasn't dropped for form. Whether you've rated his contributions or not, he has played when fit.

Four quarters at Box Hill - tick. Trained fully this week - tick. He'll be playing.

As much as I want to see Mackenzie out there if we're going to lose a player I'm not upset that it's him as I think we can cover him
It means that we will play two of Finn CJ and Ward.
Personally I think it will be Ward to miss out despite CJ not having a good game in the twos

CJ wasn't dropped for form. Whether you've rated his contributions or not, he has played when fit.

Four quarters at Box Hill - tick. Trained fully this week - tick. He'll be playing.
Yeah his run really helps the gameplan and opens the field. But finals are different to H&A. Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back