Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd be wasting a midfield spot if they did that IMO.

They'd bank on Bont, Treloar, Libba and Richards winning that engine room battle.

Better for us that Sicily is the one clamped. If necessary he can go forward and exploit that match up.
True though it is hard to see us winning without a big game from Newk with Day missing. Will be interesting to see where they go with Harmes. And us with Finn if he plays.

Seriously getting over all of the CJ hecklers. It should be clear to all that he was one of the first players identified by Sam as a best 22 player for him. I think a lot of people need to stop putting all of their footy analysis into the stat sheet and start grasping a feel for the game.
If I could give multiple thumbs up for this post, I would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the H&A game the Hawks isolated the Bramble match-up to great effect.

Clearly will do the same again, whoever his opponent is. So many dangerous small forwards.

Shots fired.

Piranhas gonna eat him up on the G tomorrow night.

No big deal our older brigade in Gunners and Punky are pretty much the same as Duryea. The thing with our kids expressing themselves it’s a celebration among the boys just having fun. They aren’t antagonistic or being disrespectful to their opponents.

Probably our weakest side since rd 5 or 6. I’m nervous about it, but hope the boys all step up and smash the Dogs. Here’s hoping.

Very surprised to not see CJ in. Mustn’t be 100%

GO HOK
CJ is an obvious in - if you can guarantee you're getting the best version of him and he's got some continuity.

He doesn't have continuity and the games he has played haven't been his best so leaving him out was a pretty clear decision in the end, I feel.

I'm pleased that it was Ward that got the callup.
Ward has all the tools he needs to contribute in a final. He's hard working, diligent, runs all day and at his best he's quite clean. I hope he can really knock this out of the park because it'll give him the type of confidence he can ride into the next couple of seasons.

I don't dress up in full Hawthorn out and about as much as I used to.

In game days or even random days that I bump into someone wearing ANY Hawks team gear (no matter if its official or the cheaper variety) I do like to engage in footy banter with like minded (re smart in following the best team) people.

Earlier this evening asI was queing up to get a click and collect order. I spotted a middle aged woman in a Hawthorn jacket.

While I don't think she wasin the best of moods for footy banter I still asked her if she thought we'd win. We're both 50/50 on the topic.

Gave her the quick run down on my Hawthorn connections and we parted ways with a go HAWKS :p

I dreamt last night that our first final was against the bummers, and it was played in Ballarat. We lost by about 23 points.

What a nightmare...

I'd do a Clarko and punch my bedroom wall upon waking up. If I had THAT dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back