Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A club legend is playing his 300th and Dylan Moore is playing his 100th. The motivation from the boys will be very strong.
Quiet game from Moore last week and Breust didn't have as much impact as usual when he came on in the last. Both will be burning to have more of a say this week in their milestone games.

TM is a fairly good journo but I highly doubt he would know ! It’s Monday and someone has told him Phillips is coming in ?! :rolleyes:
All scenarios will be considered- don’t discount Serong. But I don’t think it’s as cut & dried as TM is making out
Tom Morris and Newmo from this board have both reported this and neither of these blokes go without a decent amount of certainty.

Port are a proud club and a lot of their players love him. He's very loyal to them (to a fault) and in return they're loyal to him. They'll be up.
However I love the fact that we are out for revenge against these guys. That loss hurt and they won't want that to happen again.
This team thrives in situations and tough environments like this.

Breaking news: a horrible virus is sweeping through the Hawthorn fan base. It’s expected to hit workers on Friday.

spooning-phone-call.gif

Tom Morris and Newmo from this board have both reported this and neither of these blokes go without a decent amount of certainty.
May well be the case. But this news broke yesterday and TM knows Phillips is the replacement? Very early call. Phillips would be the front runner of course but I feel there are lots of machinations taking place at Waverley right now.
Serong or Phillips would be the call I guess.

May well be the case. But this news broke yesterday and TM knows Phillips is the replacement? Very early call. Phillips would be the front runner of course but I feel there are lots of machinations taking place at Waverley right now.
Serong or Phillips would be the call I guess.
The clubs go based on form to a degree but they also have clear 2nd choices for each position. Preparation is key in finals, the sooner they can let the backup know they'll be playing and prepare them for the game ahead the better.

The clubs go based on form to a degree but they also have clear 2nd choices for each position. Preparation is key in finals, the sooner they can let the backup know they'll be playing and prepare them for the game ahead the better.
Based on form it would be Serong.
However, match ups/opposition has to play a huge part. Happy either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the expense of last weekend, I'm going to sit at home and watch it on the tv, save the money for the following 2 weeks' games.

Port will come out firing to prove a point, but if we can stand up to the pressure keep with them and even get ahead, they will drop off fast.

It's vital we have a fast start to snuff out their motivation and sew doubt
Yeah I think this is spot on. There might be a quarter or so of "Do it for Kenny!!!1!" and if the Hawks can absorb that reasonably well it will be done

Houston and Farrell out - huge outs for Port. Butters sore, expect him to struggle.

Keep a tight leash on Horne Francis and let’s see how they go against the speed of HOKBALL .

We end this at qtr time and finish what we should’ve in round 10.

4th game at Adelaide Oval for the year too! We play well there.

For whatever reason, I'm not nervous about this game. Probably the first time all year I've felt really confident.
I would say Hawthorn playing the way they have the past couple months is literally THE WORST matchup for Port's high press. The ball movement will actually cut us to pieces. I can't wait.

Houston and Farrell out - huge outs for Port. Butters sore, expect him to struggle.

Keep a tight leash on Horne Francis and let’s see how they go against the speed of HOKBALL .

We end this at qtr time and finish what we should’ve in round 10.

4th game at Adelaide Oval for the year too! We play well there.
We play well at conventionally sized ovals like the MCG, Adelaide Oval, Docklands, etc.

Where we can struggle is at those sub-sized toy ovals like SCG and Kardinia.

For me that will be the biggest test if/when we play the Swans, adapting our style of game to the SCG.

We get past the Swans and I can't see us losing to the Cats in the wide expanses of the MCG on GF day.

can't jab ribs? are you kidding me?
marcaine 35 minutes before the game will last the four quarters. Routinely done at multiple levels, including amateur footy.
intercostal injections are quite simple provided you know what you are doing.
four players had that exact jab before the 2008 GF, yet Hodgey is the only one talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back