Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not going to be messing with our structures. We have Frost FB, Weddle/Scrim alternating at CHB and Sicily peeling off.

Serong would cause too large a role shift. Easy just slots in, and while it is a big ask, he just needs to focus on killing the ball then handing it to our runners. He is able to do that if he isn't overawed.

Shattered for Frosty unheareld hero, he was massive on Friday night.

Perfect opportunity to bring someone in vs Port their forwards don't faze me.

But the next two games after that would be a heck of a challenge defensively.

Serong would cause too large a role shift. Easy just slots in, and while it is a big ask, he just needs to focus on killing the ball then handing it to our runners. He is able to do that if he isn't overawed.

Good assessment. TBH I think Friday proved elite KPDs aren't always necessary, as long as you're not letting the gorilla forwards have one-out contests. If we play the game on our terms the next two weeks, the forwards arent't a huge issue to us.

Should we make it to a GF against Geelong or GWS, that changes a bit, but I think the rule still holds that the spoiling role will be able to cover for it.

Absolutely shattered for Frosty
When I saw the news on my FB feed, you people in the lift were pretty wondering why I said"fuccccckkkk" really loudly.

Should be able to cover vs Port but it's against other teams like Swans/Geelong where if we make it it would be a bigger loss.

Don't really watch enough VFL tbh but I'm assuming Serong or Phillips come in or Weddle goes down back permanently?

Maybe CJ

With Frosty out, the injuries really stacking up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, just sets us even more as underdogs - which seems to be something the team thrives on.

I hope its Serong rather than Phillips - his form line is far stronger and his disposal by foot is far cleaner, which suits our back half more.

Barrass and Battle cannot come to the club soon enough!

To be fair, given the talls we will be coming up against in the next couple of games Serong for Frost probably makes sense from a height and mobility perspective.

The real challenge will be stopping Hogan/Cameron if we did make a GF.....our planning should probably have that in mind and give the replacement (and team) time to adjust.

I'm very disappointed for Frosty here, but in terms of match ups idk... I don't feel that worried. It means our last line of defence gets a little bit worse, but the team defence aspect that has been so good for us is relatively unaffected. Our defence was great against the Dogs but this is why:

1000006775.jpg

This is the same thing we need to do with Port, and whether it's Frost, Serong, Phillips or even DGB, no oppo is overcoming that differential.

MacKenzie putting his hand up.
Does he take Finn's spot?
The issue we have is the mckenzie and ward are more effective playing mid than they are on the wing or at hff. Where as finn plays those roles well. Do you go for talent in less than optimal positions or pick the best player for that role?

absolutely blow me over with a feather if they pick Phillips, only had to watch the BHH debacle last week to see how far away he is from being a part of this team. Slow and can't kick, an anathema to Sam's game style, and those two weaknesses are significantly magnified in a final.
Frost can’t kick and has been told to curb the running big time this year…

Frost has been magnificent and I’m cut for him personally and for the team but I am confident in Phillips. Massive hyperbole from the people stating he is miles off the level, he played one game and looked at home, and has more quality exposed VFL form than essentially anyone in that league.

Could be a problem in a prelim but a Dixon matchup for him is about as gift wrapped as it’s gunna get in these circumstances.

To be fair, given the talls we will be coming up against in the next couple of games Serong for Frost probably makes sense from a height and mobility perspective.

The real challenge will be stopping Hogan/Cameron if we did make a GF.....our planning should probably have that in mind and give the replacement (and team) time to adjust.

Yeah...I'm still confident for this week, and the Syds aren't really going to kill us with talls.

If we make it to a Cats GF...how about throw Nash onto Cameron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back