Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re the only professional sporting league in the world that doesn’t publish players weights, it’s embarrassing
I find the anomalies of the AFL compared to other professional codes a bit strange, a little bit off. They seem incongruous to the reality of profession sport, whether it be the continuous tweaking of the rules, the inconsistency of the match review board, the fixture, the social/political dialogue and yes the weights of players.
There is a dictatorial side to the AFL which leaves me cold. Too much inner sanctum decision making and not enough transparency and accountability.
I still love the game and my footy club happily stumping up my membership every year but find myself watching less of the games we are not playing in, which in reflection from time to time makes me a bit sad.

They believe the Frost loss is our Achilles heel.

Land of the Giants it is.

They are one of the worst performed ground ball teams and we are the best.
So they go taller against us?

Yeah, that is logical.

I find the anomalies of the AFL compared to other professional codes a bit strange, a little bit off. They seem incongruous to the reality of profession sport, whether it be the continuous tweaking of the rules, the inconsistency of the match review board, the fixture, the social/political dialogue and yes the weights of players.
There is a dictatorial side to the AFL which leaves me cold. Too much inner sanctum decision making and not enough transparency and accountability.
I still love the game and my footy club happily stumping up my membership every year but find myself watching less of the games we are not playing in, which in reflection from time to time makes me a bit sad.

I think they can decide the social/political dialogue and that we can probably stomach it without too many problems since that seems in step with being a brand/code manager. Even if you hate it, that's in the remit.

But I agree there is no excuse for their inexplicably weird rule changing, MRB shenanigans, fixturing and other weird meddling that seems to be 100% pure fuddy-duddy, dishonest, myopic, uneducated Old World Boys Club horseshite.

Seeing their reaction to the game evolving is akin to watching a small child get startled by a fluffy dog over and over. Except the AFL hijack our future enjoyment of the game to try and take it in some weird aspirational direction a MMM listener's focus group came up with.

If the Dogs were over coached last week, the game of AFL is about 1000 percent over numptied with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are. Will be 4 tall fwds.

I guess that's their plan to keep Sicily occupied. Scrim, Weddle and Serong will have a man they can't leave, meaning Sis has to play the fourth tall. We'll see if that works. The Port midfield will want to be delivering some great balls in because if they aren't marked, they aren't getting played by Port. I think our mids will be working Hammer Time and the Port mids will not have any time at all to deliver sweet high balls for no-legs Dixon to pluck off two steps.

Make no mistake we'd rather win but if The Hawks are 60 points up at half-time I don't think Ken will be anywhere near the boundary.
It's going to get ugly.

If you get up I hope you go all the way. Hawks are the club Port should be.
Cheers mate. It's interesting how Sammy keeps going on about a game plan that wins finals/Premierships.
50/50 game. I'd be more confident if it was at the MCG.

I guess that's their plan to keep Sicily occupied. Scrim, Weddle and Serong will have a man they can't leave, meaning Sis has to play the fourth tall. We'll see if that works. The Port midfield will want to be delivering some great balls in because if they aren't marked, they aren't getting played by Port. I think our mids will be working Hammer Time and the Port mids will not have any time at all to deliver sweet high balls for no-legs Dixon to pluck off two steps.

It only works if their fourth tall is worth respecting.

They are one of the worst performed ground ball teams and we are the best.
So they go taller against us?

Yeah, that is logical.

They believe they’re going to win it in the midfield centre clearances…and that they’re going to run it out of half back on the counter. Long bombs into our backline will be their MO. That’s all that Hinkley has got.
Let’s see how that works out for them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They believe they’re going to win it in the midfield centre clearances…and that they’re going to run it out of half back on the counter. Long bombs into our backline will be their MO. That’s all that Hinkley has got.
Let’s see how that works out for them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Correct. That's the plan.

The strength of our game is pressure all over the ground, the work rate from our half backs and half forwards.

Ryan would be a huge out given no Houston. Playing 4 talls is extremely risky we sore what happend against the dogs.

We played a System. Frosty takes the last line, Scrimmers mid, Weddle took the highest. Sicily floated. Serong will come in and get assigned a area.

I think we can expoilt there lines with workrate. The Rucks could be another area Big Meek, second ruck look for Chol to have a bounce back game.

Big call to drop McEntee. Maybe duck’s and drakes.

I was told to expect Evans and Narkle to make way for Marshall and Sinn
This all sounds like it’s playing into our laps. Doesn’t Sinn have questionable disposal? Or did I dream that?

Time to manifest.

Old Kenny must’ve dozed off after quarter time last week watching our game.
The Dogs forwards are much better than Ports, I just can’t understand the logic here given how well we’ve dealt with big and slow forward lines.

I’m sure he’s banking on winning the ruck and getting first use, as well as half backs kicking long, but with no Houston or Farrell I don’t see how they will.

Our forwards will roll up and the ground and we’ll just be downhill to goal.

Puzzling, let’s see if it works because I genuinely can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back