Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes, but Will Day played and was superb.
I think Newcombe's change in form more than covers for that performance. Newcombe was the lowest rated of our 5 core midfielders in that game, over the last 5 weeks he's the highest rated mid in the league. I think not relying on Hardwick to kick 5 goals is also probably a big improvement from then, although I think we've improved in basically every respect.

I think Newcombe's change in form more than covers for that performance. Newcombe was the lowest rated of our 5 core midfielders in that game, over the last 5 weeks he's the highest rated mid in the league. I think not relying on Hardwick to kick 5 goals is also probably a big improvement from then, although I think we've improved in basically every respect.
was nuke tagged last time? time for a worpedo attack

was nuke tagged last time? time for a worpedo attack
He still had 23 touches, he was just down on form in terms of impact, he had probably only played 2 games up to his usual standard (against St Kilda and Collingwood) up to that point in the season. Not sure whether he was being tagged or not though, I think you can understand me not rewatching that game lol.

Everyone in the media pissing all over Port's chances because of their outs is only stoking the flames of resistance over there. It's pretty shit to come up against a team playing to stay in the finals, playing to keep their coach employed, and playing for respect.

To top it off we've had people questioning Butters' courage.

It's a bit of a crap shoot.

Hawks by plenty we're steeled for it though.
We’re also a team playing to stay in the finals, we have the same amount of motivation to win this game as they do.

All the other stuff is just added spice by the media to create more drama and interest around the game.

Make no mistake when that whistle blows and the fist bounce takes place, there will be two desperate teams facing off wanting to win the game.

Hawks will be just as hungry as the power to win.

We’re also a team playing to stay in the finals, we have the same amount of motivation to win this game as they do.

All the other stuff is just added spice by the media to create more drama and interest around the game.

Make no mistake when that whistle blows and the fist bounce takes place, there will be two desperate teams facing off wanting to win the game.

Hawks will be just as hungry as the power to win.

Just with a far more competent coach and a better balanced team. That said, this team has been up for so long and is so young so anything can happen

Drew will go to Newcombe.

Think if Newk can't work through the tag he will try and sacrifice his game ala Sam vs Freo and we'll need Worps to get off the chain.

A couple of posters on the Port board saying Hinkley is getting the boot this afternoon.

Some meeting apparently - they couldn't surely??
Power fans have been frothing at the mouth for years to give Hinkley the boot.

No club in their right mind would upset the balance of their team on the eve of a must win final like this.

Pay no attention to their fans fantasies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeez imagine if Issac Smith was on a plane with the opposing team claiming them as "his" in a final against us. Reckon we'd be filthy.

Love it haha. Kane is the Trump of media. Knows how to play the game very well.
Well, Isaac DID leave us for our greatest rival and then won a Norm Smith on a day I thoroughly hated. You probably could’ve chosen a different former Hawk, probably any former Hawk tbh

Geeez imagine if Issac Smith was on a plane with the opposing team claiming them as "his" in a final against us. Reckon we'd be filthy.

Love it haha. Kane is the Trump of media. Knows how to play the game very well.
The old better to be disliked than not talked about at all. That's gonna be Ginny in his mid 40s 😂 😂 😂

A caller to SEN just reciting what I’ve been hearing for 48hrs out of SA… Butters has shingles.

It’s why he was lethargic againts Cats and cannot take body contact. It’s not a rib injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back